Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Bitwig is on Sale until 7.31.18

2»

Comments

• edited July 2018

@Dawdles said:

@Littlewoodg said:
    Here’s a list the 30 current modulators in Bitwig, https://www.bitwig.com/en/bitwig-studio/devices/modulators.html

A KVR thread comparing M4L options v. Bitwig modulators (With pro and con points to consider)
    https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=480550

An additional consideration: M4L only ships with Live Suite $749, (or you purchase separate M4L license) Bitwig on sale $299, and is still less than 1/2 the cost of LIve after the sale.

Yeah but for that price you get access to a ton of max4live stuff that goes way beyond the bitwig modulation (from my brief dabbling...I could be mistaken ;) and wavetable and operator synths and bunch of other stuff. Ableton price can seem kind of ridiculous but when you break it down in to parts and also consider how well it all integrates as a whole (especially with Push2) it’s not as overpriced as it might seem..

I paid 529 for ableton 10 suite upgrading from ableton 9 lite (which you can receive from any link app like gadget). So it's not that much higher than the 399$ usual price for bitwig. Also keep in mind ableton 9 launched in 2013. Updates were free till 10 launched this year. That's almost 5 years of free updates. I actually sold my upgrade license and got a push2 + ableton 10 suite bundle for just 856$ total. Considering the push2 alone retails for 799$ I effectively paid 57$ for ableton 10 suite. So if you look around ableton 10 suite can be quite cheap. Specially If you can get it along with the push2.

Here's the bundle I mentioned on Amazon India:- https://www.amazon.in/Ableton-Push-Live-Suite-Bundle/dp/B0154P5A96?tag=googinhydr18418-21

It's actually cheaper in the states if you look around.

@echoopera there's actually a ton of amazing max4live devices that are free as well. Like the multichannel spectrum analyzer by isotonik studios:-

Or the brilliant Kepler 16

Just look around and you will find some amazing stuff :)

• @gonekrazy3000 yep Push is way cool, but I’ve got $X invested in touch machine PC and iPad...

• edited July 2018

@Littlewoodg said:
    @gonekrazy3000 yep Push is way cool, but I’ve got $X invested in touch machine PC and iPad...

I decided to jump into the push+ableton universe instead of buying an iPad pro just cause I was getting frustrated with the limitations of daws and sequencers in iOS. Not that I've abandoned iOS ive just melded it into my studio setup.

The Ica4+ is hella useful to send midi and audio both ways :) the air2 is still damn useful when you completely remove needing a daw running on it. Ableton on my desktop/laptop is the main brain now. With all the midi Au and au synths supplementing it hosted inside AUM. (No more iaa in my current setup except for the occasional patterning or gadget)

Don't get me wrong. Bitwig is great. Just not sure it's different enough for me to jump over yet is all I'm saying :) I was just pointing out most ableton users completely miss out on the deep black hole of awesome that Is max4live. The library at http://www.maxforlive.com/library/index.php
    Just keeps expanding. There's tons of gold in there even from the free add-ons. @echoopera you might wanna look in there as well :)

• Thanks again @gonekrazy3000 it’s doing what i want.

• I really don't want to switch daws, ableton is great, but that lack of MPE support is killing me.

• @raindro said:
    I really don't want to switch daws, ableton is great, but that lack of MPE support is killing me.

There is MPE support, you just have to go through the steps of setting it up to work with your Roli seaboard...

• @echoopera said:

@raindro said:
    I really don't want to switch daws, ableton is great, but that lack of MPE support is killing me.

There is MPE support, you just have to go through the steps of setting it up to work with your Roli seaboard...

Sort of. I think that requires many instances of each instrument, maybe I'm wrong though.

• edited July 2018

@raindro said:

@echoopera said:

@raindro said:

Sort of. I think that requires many instances of each instrument, maybe I'm wrong though.

Yep. I have it setup to load as my default. Set it and forget B)

Let me know if you want the template.

• @echoopera said:

@raindro said:

@echoopera said:

@raindro said:

Yep. I have it setup to load as my default. Set it and forget B)

Let me know if you want the template.

If it's for the seaboard block gimme plz :D I've been too lazy to build it myself lol.

• Thanks again @gonekrazy3000 ...your insight and links helped me to overcome and get to where I want to be :)

Here's a quick 1 note piece using native Max4Live Modulators to get everything going and flowing:

• @echoopera said:
    Thanks again @gonekrazy3000 ...your insight and links helped me to overcome and get to where I want to be :)

Here's a quick 1 note piece using native Max4Live Modulators to get everything going and flowing:

You're welcome. And I like what you did here. Hard to believe it's all 1 note D: btw do you have reactor and xfers ctulhu ? I can show you some of my more.... Esoteric experiments in ableton. Created a melody generator usng euclidean rhythms and ctulhu to separate notes from a chord progression so that if you move faders on a controller like the launchcontrol Xl you can create complete rythmic​ melodic structures.