Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Zoom LiveTrak - L-20 (Bluetooth Mixer)

:)

20 discrete channels (16 mono plus 2 stereo) with XLR or ¼-inch connectivity
22-track simultaneous recording, 20-track playback
22-in/4-out USB audio interface connectivity
Records up to 24bit/96kHz audio to SD card
48V phantom power
Hi-Z connectivity (channels 1-2)
26dB pad (channels 3-16)
Built-in compression control (Channels 1-16)
Solo buttons for individual channels
Variable frequency low-cut control
Main outputs plus 6 customizable monitor outputs
Dedicated headphone output for sound engineer
Scene saving function, up to 9 scenes saved at a time
20 built-in chorus, delay and reverb effects with adjustable parameters
Two effect busses
Built-in slate mic
Class-compliant mode (for iOS compatibility)
Compatible with Remote Mixer app for iPad

Automatic recording starting/stopping capability
Pre-record function
Import/export projects with USB 2.0 host port
Compatible functions for ZOOM FS01 footswitch
Automatic power-save function

Comments

• I wonder if you can connect line level stuff to the 6 monitor outs so that they can be used like traditional aux sends? Peek at the manual says to use the switch to go between headphones and speakers. If 'speakers' really means 'an amp connected to your speakers', that'd be a pretty solid improvement on the L-12.

• Last week I wrote to ask Zoom if you could use them as aux sends, and this was the reply:

Hello,

The headphone outputs on the L-12 could be used to send to external hardware. Then you can connect the output of your hardware to one of the L-12 inputs. This is not the L-12's designed purpose but it would be possible.

You would simply need the appropriate cable to go from the stereo headphone output to whatever the input of your effects unit is.

Which leaves me unsure. If so, I’d buy this in a second, as it is otherwise perfect for my needs.

• edited July 2018

@syrupcore said:
    Peek at the manual says to use the switch to go between headphones and speakers. If 'speakers' really means 'an amp connected to your speakers', that'd be a pretty solid improvement on the L-12.

The product page says “With six independent monitor outputs for musicians, each output can have its own custom mix, complete with effects, that can easily be switched from a powerful headphone output, to a balanced line output for stage monitors.“

Looks like they’re aux sends in all but name.

• @mistercharlie said:

@syrupcore said:
    Peek at the manual says to use the switch to go between headphones and speakers. If 'speakers' really means 'an amp connected to your speakers', that'd be a pretty solid improvement on the L-12.

The product page says “With six independent monitor outputs for musicians, each output can have its own custom mix, complete with effects, that can easily be switched from a powerful headphone output, to a balanced line output for stage monitors.“

Looks like they’re aux sends in all but name.

Ha! Thank you for the info. I guess that's what I get for skipping the product speak and RTFM. :confused:

Hope the 12 channel version gets a reboot with this upgrade. A grand is more than I want to spend and my current (much better, as a mixer anyway) mixer is too big for most folks these days to get much cash for it. Damn kids.

• I was thinking the same thing. It's a grand, and it's also huge. The L-12 is already too big for me. I'm officially revising my claim that I would "buy this in a second." :'(

• It’s a bit lame that it requires an extra dongle for the Bluetooth. It’s 2018!

• @mistercharlie said:
    It’s a bit lame that it requires an extra dongle for the Bluetooth. It’s 2018!

I think the same, I suppose they will sell the adapter separately, money money money

• My band just bought the Zoom L-20 and I’ve been trying to buy the Bluetooth dongle, but it seems to be sold out everywhere! I’ve got one store saying that they (might) get it in late November…😣
    Does anyone know if it’s available anywhere??? (I’m based in Europe)