Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Equalizer differences (for Newbies and not so new Bees?)

Hey Professionals :smile:

I have absolute minimum knowledge and professionalism in my background using EQ‘s.
I am only doing stuff by my ears and, well, i am over 30 years - so they wont get better :smiley:

I am really asking myself where the differences in these latest EQ releases are:

• PARAMETRIC EQUALIZER (for around 4 bucks) StoreLink
  • Pro-Q 2 (for around 30 bucks, in my location) StoreLink

I don’t want to start any bashing in some sort but if i get it right they both do the same stuff.
I don’t want to have some kind of obvious feature comparison like:

• X has these presets
  • Y has no „auto-eq‘ing“
  • etc. pp.

Meaning the stuff „under the hood“. Looking (visually) at both of them they do the same. „Doing stuff by some curves“ - literally spoken.

Is there a REAL difference in the quality?

Hoping for a good discussion here!

Maybe @jakoB_haQ or Doug ( @thesoundtestroom ) can shed some light in here with a video? Any other person doing videos is also welcome, but these two do the majority of video-tests i guess.

So...Start the (soft-)shooting.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Depends what you do, if you just wanna cut a few frequencies any old Eq will do, if you want get clinical or boost frequencies then all EQ’s are not equal. Some sound more pleasant than others when you boost frequencies some analogue eq’s add character and coloring which give their own special signature to a sound and the only way to test that is by using your own ears. What fabfilter can give you is a beautiful intuitive interface to be very quick and precise in your eq’ing.