Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

diy piano midi sustain pedal

here is a little project for anybody wanting to make something fun, instead of the same old boring sustain pedal from the store.
I build mine at work, in between coats of paint ( bodyshop) it only took a couple hours. it’s basically the same thing as a tattoo machine pedal. essentially just a basic switch. lots of plans online for them.
I had some aluminum
laying around, and the black is car undercoat. a some little rubber isolators, and bolts little bit of wire and 1/4” mono jack

. and i put a little bullet casing inlay in for style.
if you guys make one post them online, i’d love to see.

Comments

• here’s a link on how they work.

• Man I could never make one but I applaud you for doing so! 👏

• Mine. Credit to some random channel at yt.
    Upgrade needed: glue it to something more weight (wood or similar) to avoid lay it when I kick it. :yum:

• @[Deleted User] said:
    Man I could never make one but I applaud you for doing so! 👏

you totally could there’s really nothing to it.

• @Dubbylabby said:

Mine. Credit to some random channel at yt.
    Upgrade needed: glue it to something more weight (wood or similar) to avoid lay it when I kick it. :yum:

haha love the stapler! i never even thought of that

• It has the spring incorporated :sweat_smile:

• @Dubbylabby said:
    It has the spring incorporated :sweat_smile:

exactly

• I love to diy...

• cool, what is the first picture( the grey box)?

• @eross said:
    cool, what is the first picture( the grey box)?

Improvised stage patch panel from electric box for outdoors...

This

Into this

100€ less... :trollface:

• ahh nice man

• @eross said:
    here is a little project for anybody wanting to make something fun, instead of the same old boring sustain pedal from the store.
    I build mine at work, in between coats of paint ( bodyshop) it only took a couple hours. it’s basically the same thing as a tattoo machine pedal. essentially just a basic switch. lots of plans online for them.
    I had some aluminum
    laying around, and the black is car undercoat. a some little rubber isolators, and bolts little bit of wire and 1/4” mono jack

Now add Bluetooth MIDI and you've got a great companion for the iPad ;)

• @eross said:
    ahh nice man

Glad you like it. We needed a cheap solution for friend’s studio and this emerged into my mind... :mrgreen:

• @rs2000 said:

@eross said:
    I had some aluminum

that would be sweet. wish i was better at coding, i’d attempt it. :)

• @eross said:
    I had some aluminum

Nice job !

• @eross said:

@rs2000 said:

@eross said:
    I had some aluminum

that would be sweet. wish i was better at coding, i’d attempt it. :)

Completely without coding:
    Combine this:
    https://www.thomann.de/gb/doepfer_we_wheel_electronic.htm
    with a Yahama MD-BT01 or Quicco mi.1 and you've got the basis for not only a programmable foot switch, but also more analog inputs for pitch bender, mod wheel, volume pedal etc, all over MIDI B)

• i have one of these https://www.audiofront.net/MIDIExpression.php
    I have an analog exspression pedal
    i plug it into this usb interface and i can instantly
    control midi cc in my computer. I use it mainly for a way pedal in amplitube software. but i have also used it as a velocity or expression control in many synths, samplers, and effects apps.
    it’s actually a pretty brilliant little device