Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Piano World Cup, the statistics

tjatja
edited July 2018 in General App Discussion

I thought it more appropriate to put those graphics into their own topic.

The full topic with all links:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/26407/the-piano-poll-part-2-with-new-samples

Comments

• All images

• Let’s check the statistics of the group plays:

• We can see, that the later 4 best already showed this in the Group plays!

They clearly were the best of their groups!

Also worth of mention are:

SampleTank Pro Grand Piano 2, which was second after Ravenscroft.

SampleTank Grand Piano 3

KORG Module Ivory Grand

For this, i tried to separate similar Pianos as much as possible into different groups.
    I hope, this was OK so far.

I also think, that it would have been better to wait for the same number of votes for all Groups, not only until some majority was reached.

• The Quarter Finals:

• The Semi Finals:

• tjatja
    edited July 2018

Finale:

• And finally, the overall statistics, with the votes that every Piano got over the whole World Cup:

• And indeed, Ravenscroft an Colossus got exactly the same amount of points.
    I did not yet add the points for the third place play, as this was at the same level.

• If you only want to add a great piano get the Ravenscroft. It's AUv3 and has great controls for EQ, Reverb, "Touch" (i.e. Velocity curves). It seems to hold well in Cubasis or any AUv3 DAW host.

Colossus shows AUv3 support but it crashes both Cubasis and Auria Pro consistently. It is great as a standalone piano app and has all the right controls including some rather obscure ones like dynamic Hermode tuning (which shifts the pitch on major 3rds in chords accordingly to make chords sound sweeter. An amazing app but a frustrating AUv3. If anyone has found work arounds for it as an AUv3 please comment here. Setting the latency way back just doesn't seem like the best way to make a great piano. But maybe that's useful for MIDI playback like this test featured. I created the Colussus Wave file for this test and ran the App using it's own MIDI player into a MacBook Pro using USB IDAM and recorded it using Logic Pro X on the Mac. Try as I may I could not create an IOS recording of a wave file just using IOS Apps. I only owned Auria Pro at the time... didn't think of testing GarageBand and now have Cubasis and it can't record the 13GB Colossus Concert Grand. It still didn't win against the Salamander to most of the listeners. To my ears the RC 275 and Colossus sound more like a real piano across all the dynamics of the Grieg. I also loved the Salamander and the "Piano in 162" for these reasons... realistic pianos at all volumes.
    The "Piano in 162" turns out to be a 5GB SFZ library available for free. But it takes the Lyra Sampler in Auria Pro to load it and there's a $50 cost to that so. RavensCroft 275 for $36 looks like a winner in more application cases: solo playing, mixes, etc.

Thia has been a real hoot learning more and more about how these pianos get recorded and bring realism to the world of IOS music. Thanks again @tja.