Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

((Pro-Q 2)) by FabFilter = (EQualizer) - in the AppStore Now! - £28.99 - ((AU<3))

edited July 2018 in General App Discussion

The start of many to come.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/fabfilter-pro-q-2/id1401182622

Top eq on iPad!

King

Comments

• $46.99 for us Aussies. Was hoping they’d apply an intro price :neutral:

• edited July 2018

Yeah, wish they did.

Good-ish thing about this is hopefully the pace of the other ones coming in. We should have time to save up for them.

Deja vu

King

Added: but once you do have them, you see the value, and they will be worth it..

• edited July 2018

I’m torn between getting this and ibassist at the moment, (which first) the only thing stopping me from getting ibassist is the 1.1GB size..

But Pro-Q 2 is a must for me. (Been waiting tooooooo long) :)

King

• edited July 2018

• @KING777 said:
    I’m torn between getting this and ibassist at the moment, (which first) the only thing stopping me from getting ibassist is the 1.1GB size..

King

Pro-Q 2 might have a hefty price tag, but it only takes up 3.3mb of space.

• Ouch! €32,99

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@KING777 said:

King

Pro-Q 2 might have a hefty price tag, but it only takes up 3.3mb of space.

Yep indeed.

Just pulled the trigger a moment ago..

Love the scaling/resizing in AUM.

I have all but Pro-L 2 in Auria, so quite used to using this, but seeing/using it somewhere else, brings a big smile 😀

The day couldn’t pass without me getting it.

King

• edited July 2018

Ouch is right @Munibeast, ha!

However, folks waiting for sales may find that it’s a bigger “OUCH!” because there may be two or three (or more) that they want, all at the same time.
    I’m gonna try and pick them off as they come in..

————————

Here’s my list (in a rough order) of what I would like next(s)..

Pro-Q 2 (= done!)
    Pro-C 2 (= logical next step) but who knows..
    Timeless 2
    Volcano 2
    Saturn
    Pro-G
    Pro-R

Pro-MB
    Pro-DS
    Pro-L 2

Twin 2
    One
    Micro

———

King

• Its not a day to think about money. FabFilter is the last EQ you will ever buy. No more wasted time on evaluating and comparing lesser offerings.
    Dont need it but it is very beautiful just like shiney things others collect. Im getting it to encourage more Fabs and more top flight devs to our beautiful world.
    Day one pro-q2 all the way baby :D

• Watershed moment!!

• edited July 2018

Yes this is for me, the ultimate EQ!

FabFilter have changed their game (so to speak) and it’s a Pro- game!

Another historic day for iOS (music etc)

I’m so happy it’s AU<3 😀

King

• Game is on!

• @Richtowns said:
    Its not a day to think about money. FabFilter is the last EQ you will ever buy.

Well, it’s a bit of a day to think about money if you’ve spent $500 already in Auria, and are wondering whether it’s worth it to start down the path of spending another $500.

Pro-Q 2 in Auria was supposed to be the last EQ I’d ever buy :)

• For those in crisis over the decision to pull the plug or move on, here are some bullet points:

• It’s $179 for the desktop version.
    • It’s easily in the top 5, if not top 3 of the best transparent, broad usage EQs on the market.
    • No question it is the best EQ on this platform.
    • It won’t make your music better or help you write new material. It’s an EQ and do you need an EQ? Really?
    • Yes, of course you do; LayR benefits from top end sizzle boosts and Zeeon’s bottom end is often gloriously rowdy in a mix and could use some filtering.
    • Buy it right now.
    • Spend the next week or two learning it inside and out (FF have excellent tutorials on YT).
  • @brice said:

• Spend the next week or two learning it inside and out (FF have excellent tutorials on YT).

Yep!

Here’s one:

King

• @busker said:

@Richtowns said:
    Its not a day to think about money. FabFilter is the last EQ you will ever buy.

Well, it’s a bit of a day to think about money if you’ve spent $500 already in Auria, and are wondering whether it’s worth it to start down the path of spending another $500.

Pro-Q 2 in Auria was supposed to be the last EQ I’d ever buy :)

Yeah. Having a bunch in Auria already, I think I’ll hold off until there’s a sale.

• And here is an overly complicated diagram of some of the standout features IMO. Obviously resort to the manual for descriptions, but do check out these features. And deeply pursue Mid / Side processing if that’s something new to your workflow. It truly is capable of a whole lot; surgical to magical; enhancing or narrowing stereo width; refining an entire mix or saving a harsh recording; even for creative effects, etc.

• edited July 2018

What this (FF = AUv3) also means (for me) is, I will be able to (eventually) mix/master tracks outside Auria, and still have that top quality.

It will be a time-saver (in many cases), if I have created a track in BM3 (for example).

Auria is number one for mixing/mastering but the 'need' to do it there (export stems etc..) will lessen..

King

• It would be nice if the AU hosts could offer a max full screen view without the header bars one day, I wonder if that's possible? That's one thing you can do in the AP versions.

• Are there presets? I get the most out of EQs when they have suggested settings for certain sounds.

• @shiftsynth1 said:
    Are there presets? I get the most out of EQs when they have suggested settings for certain sounds.

very basic presets, you wont find specifics for instruments etc...

• edited July 2018

@KING777 said:
    What this (FF = AUv3) also means (for me) is, I will be able to (eventually) mix/master tracks outside Auria, and still have that top quality.

It will be a time-saver (in many cases), if I have created a track in BM3 (for example).

Auria is number one for mixing/mastering but the 'need' to do it there (export stems etc..) will lessen..

King

I noticed it did not list BM3 in the brief daw list on the app store... wondering if it currently has issues or they just are not a fan or it is in the same boat as Garageband?

Anywho, bring on the reverb!

Curious if BM3 will be able to take advantage of the limiter with sidechaining...?

• Yeah @AudioGus, I was looking for the words “such as” etc, in the hosts list. But it loads and works in there so all good!

—————

Tip #1:

In the AUv3 version, tap n hold the “FREQ, GAIN or Q” knobs to type in a value, (easy precision)

King

• Can the app share presets with the plug-in?

• edited July 2018

I took this screen grab earlier to show some of the factory-preset names (don’t usually use them myself) but it looks like we’re gonna need a user section with the Audio Unit.

King

• This is fucking awesome!

• @AudioGus said:

@KING777 said:

King

I noticed it did not list BM3 in the brief daw list on the app store... wondering if it currently has issues or they just are not a fan or it is in the same boat as Garageband?

Anywho, bring on the reverb!

Curious if BM3 will be able to take advantage of the limiter with sidechaining...?

Curious about this too.

• Perfect for my LoFi 8-bit productions!
    And so affordable!

Oh wait...

• @CracklePot said:
    Perfect for my LoFi 8-bit productions!
    And so affordable!

Oh wait...

hihi