Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iBassist by Luis Martinez - Instant Bass Lines - Getting Started Tutorial

2»

Comments

• Definitely a problem with start/stop sync in AUM .Transport in AUM normally works great ,but not with this .I had it going with funk drummer and steppolyarp intermittently,then steppoly wouldn’t stop .mmm nice app but needs some attention as sync , start stop are major factors with these types of apps

• I’ve had some stop/start issues just using iBassist and Rock Drummer, so the issue is probably not with AUM.

• edited July 2018

Haven’t got iBassist yet, but previous to the last Funk Drummer update, (the one that now supports iBassist) I was always able to start n stop it via AUM transport.. not straight forward anymore..

I think it may have been a lucky glitch, as neither Future Drummer of Soft Drummer would do the same.

But what I 'think' is the issue now, is, AUM needs to be updated with the Link Start/Stop thingie.

King

• edited July 2018

Must also add, I can still get Funk Drummer to start n stop via AUM, but I have to turn Link off in Funk Drummer so..

King

CC @LuisMartinez

• So now we have drums and bass, my next requirement is to add a versatile rhythm guitarist app...over to you, Luis!

• edited July 2018

Anyone figured out the 'Song Mode' Export... Did an export and got a 3 track midi file but only the Bass and Chord tracks had data... I am assuming that the Drum track is the 3rd track... but how do we set it up for export?

Interesting song mode...very nice..

Edit.. I’m using Future Drummer..

• The drum track isn’t coming from iBassist, it’s coming from whatever drum app you’re using. So, it can’t be exported from iBassist. As the drum apps don’t have midi export, I assume the only way to get the midi is to record it in an app like Cubasis.

• @wim said:
    The drum track isn’t coming from iBassist, it’s coming from whatever drum app you’re using. So, it can’t be exported from iBassist. As the drum apps don’t have midi export, I assume the only way to get the midi is to record it in an app like Cubasis.

I wish the drum apps had this Export feature...
    But, I am puzzled by this 3rd track in this midi file...

• @clint said:
    Definitely a problem with start/stop sync in AUM .Transport in AUM normally works great ,but not with this .I had it going with funk drummer and steppolyarp intermittently,then steppoly wouldn’t stop .mmm nice app but needs some attention as sync , start stop are major factors with these types of apps

AUM doesn’t have Link Start/Stop yet. You can get Future Drummer, etc to work with AUM’s transport if you disable Link. However, iBassist only responds to Link Start/Stop, it seems.

The best way to accomplish what you want is to load iBassist and Future Drummer as audio inputs in AB3, with AUM in the output slots. Then use AB3’s global transport to start everything.

• @White said:
    I would like to know if it is possible to get Gadget to start recording when Ableton Link is enabled and you press play in iBassist ?

I don’t think so since Gadget doesn’t have Link Start/Stop and iBassist isn’t sending midi clock from what I can see.

The best option is to load iBassist and Gadget into AB3 and use AB3’s global transport.

• @RajahP said:

@wim said:
    The drum track isn’t coming from iBassist, it’s coming from whatever drum app you’re using. So, it can’t be exported from iBassist. As the drum apps don’t have midi export, I assume the only way to get the midi is to record it in an app like Cubasis.

I wish the drum apps had this Export feature...
    But, I am puzzled by this 3rd track in this midi file...

Good question. I’m only assuming there’s no way to export the drum track based on it not being the same app. Maybe it’s the chord detection midi channel? I’m not set up to try it at the moment, but maybe it would pass through any midi received on that channel? Just a guess.

• @clint said:
    Definitely a problem with start/stop sync in AUM .Transport in AUM normally works great ,but not with this .I had it going with funk drummer and steppolyarp intermittently,then steppoly wouldn’t stop .mmm nice app but needs some attention as sync , start stop are major factors with these types of apps

StepPolyArp Unit? That one doesn’t ever stop unless you turn off the arp or stop sending notes, does it?

• @wim said:

@White said:
    I would like to know if it is possible to get Gadget to start recording when Ableton Link is enabled and you press play in iBassist ?

I don’t think so since Gadget doesn’t have Link Start/Stop and iBassist isn’t sending midi clock from what I can see.

The best option is to load iBassist and Gadget into AB3 and use AB3’s global transport.

Thanks, I will try that :)

• @wim said:

@clint said:
    Definitely a problem with start/stop sync in AUM .

AUM doesn’t have Link Start/Stop yet.

Thanks, i was not aware AUm did not have Link Start/stop, I just assumed it had

I was scratching my head the other day with some other apps with this

• @wim said:

@clint said:

StepPolyArp Unit? That one doesn’t ever stop unless you turn off the arp or stop sending notes, does it?

Steppoly just seemed to lock out then worked fine after relaunching ,some kind of sync start stop glitch from trying to use with bassist in AUM

• @wim said:

@clint said:

AUM doesn’t have Link Start/Stop yet. You can get Future Drummer, etc to work with AUM’s transport if you disable Link. However, iBassist only responds to Link Start/Stop, it seems.

The best way to accomplish what you want is to load iBassist and Future Drummer as audio inputs in AB3, with AUM in the output slots. Then use AB3’s global transport to start everything.

Thanks will try that

• How are you guys routing midi out to other synths?

There’s no virtual midi, and ibassist doesn’t show up as a midi input or output?

• wimwim
    edited August 2018

@Dchild said:
    How are you guys routing midi out to other synths?

There’s no virtual midi, and ibassist doesn’t show up as a midi input or output?

With difficulty. Some apps pick it up, some don’t. Set the app you want to pick it up to listen on it’s own virtual midi port (or all ports). When both apps are running, flip over to the midi settings in iBassist. For some reason it often doesn’t output until you do.

I was able to get Gadget working with the chord output in this way.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • This is slightly off-topic, but can anyone please take the time to walk me through how to get Funk Drummer (or any of the others) to send MIDI to a Ruismaker MIDI track in Cubasis? I've done it before but do not remember how.

I have 'MIDI send' in Funk Drummer set to Cubasis, the drums mapped for Ruismaker notes, the MIDI track routing in Cubasis is set to Funk Drummer and to receive on all channels. What else?

• @oat_phipps said:
    This is slightly off-topic, but can anyone please take the time to walk me through how to get Funk Drummer (or any of the others) to send MIDI to a Ruismaker MIDI track in Cubasis? I've done it before but do not remember how.

I have 'MIDI send' in Funk Drummer set to Cubasis, the drums mapped for Ruismaker notes, the MIDI track routing in Cubasis is set to Funk Drummer and to receive on all channels. What else?

Hey, doofus, you have to set the MIDI routing to 'Virtual MIDI' instead of 'Funk Drummer'. Duh

• Anyone knows how to transfer ‘user data’ from iBassist to another iPad, or, if it can be done (like his drum apps)?

Thanks..

• I think the next challenge for Apple in both their desktop and iOS versions of GarageBand (and Logic Pro for macOS) is to offer a SmartBass and SmartRhythmGuitar for accompaniment on compositions. There's no reason both could not do the same job as their 'intelligent' drummer to make music production faster and smarter.

• I'm having some issues with iBassist and Ableton Link, seems like it only works properly when I have another lumbeat app going with it. Not the end of the world but kind of a weird bug, anyone else seeing this?

• @djdiscord said:
    I'm having some issues with iBassist and Ableton Link, seems like it only works properly when I have another lumbeat app going with it. Not the end of the world but kind of a weird bug, anyone else seeing this?

Works as expected here.. No Ableton link issues here,,,

• @djdiscord said:
    I'm having some issues with iBassist and Ableton Link, seems like it only works properly when I have another lumbeat app going with it. Not the end of the world but kind of a weird bug, anyone else seeing this?

I think I might see what you mean. It's setting the tempo OK, but start/stop doesn't usually trigger other apps like it should. On the other hand, it responds to start / stop from other apps.

I know that some time back iOS required apps to request Local Network access to work properly with Link. I don't see that for iBassist in iOS settings, which is usually an indication of an app that needs to be updated to work properly with Link. It's there for the other Lumbeats apps, so maybe this is an explanation.

• Got to be one of the greatest instruments ever created... Please can we get this as an Auv3 MidiFX...
    Would pay for it again... Thanks..

Shameless Beg...