Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iBassist is released

Comments

• @RajahP said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    Anyone figured out how to change the number of bars when building a progression ?

From the getting started thread....>

@thesoundtestroom said:
    Just a quick tip, you may have noticed in the video that I forgot how to change the length of a chord in the progression window.

Just long hold on the right hand side of the chord you want to increase or decrease and drag from left to right to suit

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/27325/ibassist-by-luis-martinez-instant-bass-lines-getting-started-tutorial/p1

ty :)

• Oh yeah! Thanks for this one! :)

@AndyPlankton said:

@RajahP said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    Anyone figured out how to change the number of bars when building a progression ?

From the getting started thread....>

@thesoundtestroom said:
    Just a quick tip, you may have noticed in the video that I forgot how to change the length of a chord in the progression window.

Just long hold on the right hand side of the chord you want to increase or decrease and drag from left to right to suit

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/27325/ibassist-by-luis-martinez-instant-bass-lines-getting-started-tutorial/p1

ty :)

• edited August 2018

@oat_phipps said:
    So I can just export MIDI or can I record MIDI as well and then take it to a synth bass?

Both, plus ‘Song Mode’ midi export..

Edit for clarification.. one can ‘record midi’ into a DAW/Midi Recorder from Live Mode (Live Pads)

• So is live mode only for midi out recording?

• edited August 2018

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    So is live mode only for midi out recording?

Seems like one can record audio (into a daw/aum, etc) also..

• @RajahP said:

@oat_phipps said:
    So I can just export MIDI or can I record MIDI as well and then take it to a synth bass?

Both, plus ‘Song Mode’ midi export..

Edit for clarification.. one can ‘record midi’ into a DAW/Midi Recorder from Live Mode (Live Pads)

Thanks, that’s what I was getting at, using a DAW, I just worded it poorly

• edited August 2018

This is pretty cool, and I actually see myself becoming a better bassist through it. The Jamerson presets nail it.

And I was shocked at how good the ‘create drum beat’ feature is using Funk Drummer. I won’t use it because I like to do drums myself, but surprisingly natural results that click with the bass.

I normally don’t like these ‘do it for you’ apps, but these are really well done and I can actually hone my playing a bit with the bass one. Not to mention feed it into synth basses.

• I've run into an issue with the workflow @LuisMartinez - if I create a new bass line using the step editor, then use the "Make Drums" feature in Soft Drummer and Middle East Drummer, I'm not able to save the generated grooves in the respective apps. If I tap on the Save button in either Soft Drummer or Middle East Drummer nothing happens (it doesn't matter which tab is active, I've tried in the edit tab or the live pads tab). And of course if you quit the drum apps then the generated patterns are lost. So there doesn't seem to be any way of recreating the drum and bass grooves, they're a one-time only thing.

• @richardyot said:
    I've run into an issue with the workflow @LuisMartinez - if I create a new bass line using the step editor, then use the "Make Drums" feature in Soft Drummer and Middle East Drummer, I'm not able to save the generated grooves in the respective apps. If I tap on the Save button in either Soft Drummer or Middle East Drummer nothing happens (it doesn't matter which tab is active, I've tried in the edit tab or the live pads tab). And of course if you quit the drum apps then the generated patterns are lost. So there doesn't seem to be any way of recreating the drum and bass grooves, they're a one-time only thing.

Yes, it's a little pain... You can easily dodge just editing a note

• @LuisMartinez said:

@richardyot said:
    I've run into an issue with the workflow @LuisMartinez - if I create a new bass line using the step editor, then use the "Make Drums" feature in Soft Drummer and Middle East Drummer, I'm not able to save the generated grooves in the respective apps. If I tap on the Save button in either Soft Drummer or Middle East Drummer nothing happens (it doesn't matter which tab is active, I've tried in the edit tab or the live pads tab). And of course if you quit the drum apps then the generated patterns are lost. So there doesn't seem to be any way of recreating the drum and bass grooves, they're a one-time only thing.

Thanks for the workaround, presumably a bug fix is on the way?

• This app is truly amazing!
    I’ve loaded it in AB3 and I’ve figured out how to have iBassist do chord recognition in realtime as I change chords with Midiflow keyboard in AB3 while I actually do a melody as well!!! This is becoming the One Man Band I always wanted!!!!

With the drum apps playing in perfect sync With aB3 and iBassist, this is really awesome for real quick song creation!

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    This app is truly amazing!
    I’ve loaded it in AB3 and I’ve figured out how to have iBassist do chord recognition in realtime as I change chords with Midiflow keyboard in AB3 while I actually do a melody as well!!! This is becoming the One Man Band I always wanted!!!!

With the drum apps playing in perfect sync With aB3 and iBassist, this is really awesome for real quick song creation!

That sounds like fun. Any chance you could share the AB3 preset?

• https://www.dropbox.com/s/kwn4dtffpcsqebo/File Aug 02, 1 40 58 PM.txt?dl=0

It’s not quite finished but here it goes:

@Keebo said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    This app is truly amazing!

That sounds like fun. Any chance you could share the AB3 preset?

• You can add more Synths but testing and light cpu I used Poison-202.

• I don’t have Poison nor Funk Drummer? so I swapped them with Zeeon and Rock DM. Gonna have fun with this later on. Thank you for sharing the preset.

• Bought Softdrummer also. Problem is when i use iBassist and Softdrummer and go from iBassist to Sofdrummer via make drums, after a few switches, iBassist closes and i need to start up iBassist again. Have an iPad 2018 and no other apps are running.

• Reboot and make sure you got Ableton Link enabled on both with all three switches on. Try that and see.

@Frenq said:
    Bought Softdrummer also. Problem is when i use iBassist and Softdrummer and go from iBassist to Sofdrummer via make drums, after a few switches, iBassist closes and i need to start up iBassist again. Have an iPad 2018 and no other apps are running.

• MM4C, will test that tomorrow, thanks.

• edited August 2018

Yes, I am getting what seem to be IAA integration issues as well. Here’s hoping for an AU update to these great apps in the future. Maybe Apple will make AU development easier in iOS 12! 🤞

• Yeah it’s been documented and Luis is coding away those bugs. So far I’ve learned to launch iBassist first the jumpstart AB3 and rock on!

• How do you change the bar length on the progression screen?

• wimwim
    edited August 2018

Drag the right hand edge of the boxes. Hold your finger down long enough for the bar to change color, indicating that you’ve grabbed it, before moving your finger.

• @wim said:
    Drag the right hand edge of the boxes.hold your finger down long enough for the bar to change color, indicating that you’ve grabbed it, before moving your finger.

Thanks finally got it. Knew it had to be that simple. On with the Jamerson!

• edited August 2018

Ok... I won't mi> @richardyot said:

@LuisMartinez said:

@richardyot said:

Yes, saving those IBassist generated drum beats is nice (is that what they call AI?) as we go deeper.. wish we could get that ‘create’ feature to generate patterns for StepolyArp and Quantum... now that would be madness..😎
    Loving this suite...

Edit.. and IAP banks for IBassist... 😎

• @RajahP said:
    Ok... I won't mi> @richardyot said:

@LuisMartinez said:

@richardyot said:

Yes, saving those IBassist generated drum beats is nice (is that what they call AI?) as we go deeper.. wish we could get that ‘create’ feature to generate patterns for StepolyArp and Quantum... now that would be madness..😎
    Loving this suite...

Edit.. and IAP banks for IBassist... 😎

Excellent idea..... A “Dice” type of thing, simular to Virsyns apps?.....

• Just saw this on the developer's Facebook page:

iBassist has been updated including the next improvements:

• Brazilian & Afro-Latin DM support
    • New Effects: Bass Amp & Decimator
    • MIDI Out Chord Figure Options
    • Virtual Midi Port
    • Progression Harmony Approach selecting key
    • Chord Detection Improvements
    • Randomizer ( Line, Progression, Swing, Sound, Jam Intensity )
    • Fixed Bugs
  • @Musicfan said:
    Just saw this on the developer's Facebook page:

iBassist has been updated including the next improvements:

• Brazilian & Afro-Latin DM support
    • New Effects: Bass Amp & Decimator
    • MIDI Out Chord Figure Options
    • Virtual Midi Port
    • Progression Harmony Approach selecting key
    • Chord Detection Improvements
    • Randomizer ( Line, Progression, Swing, Sound, Jam Intensity )
    • Fixed Bugs

Wow, that's a substantial list!

• Awesome! Luis is seriously loving his apps man! And I know he will reap the rewards!
    Guys remember to update or leave a review on the App Store as this r ally will help Luis. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

• Excellent!!!!! Already sent a five star review in the other week :)

• Thanks... Seems like that ‘no play in host’ bug is fixed... back for more fun...