Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iBassist is released

Comments

• edited July 2018

Funny that there’s no word about why his Brazilian Drum Machine and Afro Latin Drum Machine apps are not compatible with this one and if @LuisMartinez plans to update them for iBassist. Am I the only guy who bought those?

• Gottem also.

• This app as a chord / note sequencer is pretty cool, just used the midi out function to send chords and notes to various synths inside Gadget with some insane results. How has anyone else been using this function to novel effect with other apps.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    This app as a chord / note sequencer is pretty cool, just used the midi out function to send chords and notes to various synths inside Gadget with some insane results. How has anyone else been using this function to novel effect with other apps.

I haven't had the chance to try the chord/note sequencer yet - do you get any input over the style of output?

For example, in some of those apps like Suggester and Chordbot, I think you can pick between a simple chord or an arpeggio. You can then output that as MIDI data (usually an IAP feature). Does iBassist output the same style every time, or can you change it a bit?

• Another vote for why no Auv3.I only use BM3 and most definitely need total recall,guess I’ll just have to stick too my bass soundfonts in Bs-16i, bummer because I’ve been on the look out for something like this and it sounds good!

• @StormJH1 said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    This app as a chord / note sequencer is pretty cool, just used the midi out function to send chords and notes to various synths inside Gadget with some insane results. How has anyone else been using this function to novel effect with other apps.

I haven't had the chance to try the chord/note sequencer yet - do you get any input over the style of output?

For example, in some of those apps like Suggester and Chordbot, I think you can pick between a simple chord or an arpeggio. You can then output that as MIDI data (usually an IAP feature). Does iBassist output the same style every time, or can you change it a bit?

You can change the chord progression and style so I would say yes. I am finding I’m having a few regular crashes using iBassist which is a shame because it’s ideal for live accompaniment but not stable enough at present.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@StormJH1 said:

@Jumpercollins said:

You can change the chord progression and style so I would say yes. I am finding I’m having a few regular crashes using iBassist which is a shame because it’s ideal for live accompaniment but not stable enough at present.

Second the stability thing, needs an update or two.

• I was just in contact with the developer and he is working on an update

• is that the intro price?

• @kobamoto said:
    is that the intro price?

Highly doubt it. His apps have never had intro prices or sales. Some went up after significant updates if that counts. :D

• Oops, now I can make bass riffs like the one within Nougayork! https://youtube.com/watch?v=QSoBT3mPC3s

• Heard from the developer and he is working on an update which will add support for the Brazilian Drum Machine and Afro Latin Drum Machine apps

• @Musicfan said:
    Heard from the developer and he is working on an update which will add support for the Brazilian Drum Machine and Afro Latin Drum Machine apps

Hope he brings this incredible Midi Export feature to his drum apps also...

• I cannot see how to randomize the bassline?

• I already record the midi out into Cubasis in realtime!

I forgot how but will check again.

@RajahP said:

@Musicfan said:
    Heard from the developer and he is working on an update which will add support for the Brazilian Drum Machine and Afro Latin Drum Machine apps

Hope he brings this incredible Midi Export feature to his drum apps also...

• @LuisMartinez I’m getting the sound drop out in AUM. This is different to the launch first bug. I will have a session playing, pause iBassist, then come back to it again and get no sound. Have to restart ibassist and AUM to recover. I think it’s intermittent so not sure I can replicate. Has happened at least three times over the last two days though.

Thanks.

• @gusgranite said:
    @LuisMartinez I’m getting the sound drop out in AUM. This is different to the launch first bug. I will have a session playing, pause iBassist, then come back to it again and get no sound. Have to restart ibassist and AUM to recover. I think it’s intermittent so not sure I can replicate. Has happened at least three times over the last two days though.

Thanks.

Yeh, I’ve had quite a few drop outs too, needing a complete host and app restart.

When it’s working the thing is spectacular though. Very low barrier to just getting a track up and running.

• @TheVimFuego said:

@gusgranite said:
    @LuisMartinez I’m getting the sound drop out in AUM. This is different to the launch first bug. I will have a session playing, pause iBassist, then come back to it again and get no sound. Have to restart ibassist and AUM to recover. I think it’s intermittent so not sure I can replicate. Has happened at least three times over the last two days though.

Thanks.

Yeh, I’ve had quite a few drop outs too, needing a complete host and app restart.

When it’s working the thing is spectacular though. Very low barrier to just getting a track up and running.

Yes, I can see it’s potential. I’m sure the bugs will get fixed. Would love to see a bassline randomizer function just like with his drum apps.

• I finally just got iBassist :o
    Wow even thought I helped with beta, the final product is amazing!!!!
    Jaw hit floor when I had Rock, Funk and Soft Drummers all synchronized with iBassist! Wow thanks Luis this app is truly amazing!

The ease of editing a line is incredible! I had a slap bass line going and just tapping notes in and out created amazing variations! Like listening to an all out drum Bass concert!!!!!

I love it!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

• 5 Star App Store review left!

• edited July 2018

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    5 Star App Store review left!

Definitely a classic. Nothing like it even on Desktop...

Please, I want that Midi Export on Drums.. Just Jam and Export to Maschine.... o:)
    Edit... Must say the Ableton Link V3 really shines here..

• Thanks guys, it's great you like iBassist. It really has been many months of research and hard work. Still some things to fix and improve. Forgive me if I don't have time to join the forum these days, but I'm crazy busy ... lot to figure out.

Drum Apps have had a little illness with the latest adjustments for Link Start/Stop and iBassist support, but they seem to be healed, and available in a few days.

The inter-app / audiobus sound issue for iBassist is fixed, but prefer to wait a few days to solve other things (like latency sync issue) and also Afro-Latin and Brazilian DM support.

Ah, thanks @MusicMan4Christ for your nice review! It's always encouraging to have your support!

Cheers!

• Just left a five star review on the Canadian app store. Looking forward to the updates, thanks Luis!!!

• @LuisMartinez your welcome Luis! You and all these awesome Devs that are pushing the envelope of IOS music making deserve it and I truly wish you so much success!

Your apps have been instrumental in inspiring me to play, Jam or compose.

Congratulations on the Ableton Link v3 implementation. I was so amazed when I hit play on iBassist and all three Drum apps started right on time! It literally felt like I was on stage playing with three real drummers!!! It’s hard to explain it unless you hear it.

Anyone on the fence still, this app is the real deal! The sale price is absolutely deserved!

Guys I really recommend to please give it an AppStore review, this really helps Luis and all Devs that come here and interact with us musicians! That is so awesome to be alive in this era!

• edited August 2018

@LuisMartinez said:
    Thanks guys, it's great you like iBassist. It really has been many months of research and hard work. Still some things to fix and improve. Forgive me if I don't have time to join the forum these days, but I'm crazy busy ... lot to figure out.

Drum Apps have had a little illness with the latest adjustments for Link Start/Stop and iBassist support, but they seem to be healed, and available in a few days.

The inter-app / audiobus sound issue for iBassist is fixed, but prefer to wait a few days to solve other things (like latency sync issue) and also Afro-Latin and Brazilian DM support.

Ah, thanks @MusicMan4Christ for your nice review! It's always encouraging to have your support!

Cheers!

Awesome stuff dude, hope you can iron out the wrinkles....had some fun with it tonight after finally having some funds....had a couple of crashes, some strangeness sync wise, but you are already on top of those by the looks.

One thing I was surprised by, no IAA sync, in Cubasis anyways ?

Also just noticed, screen recording did not record iBassist output but did record everything else..hopefully part of the same issues you already got onto.

• So I can just export MIDI or can I record MIDI as well and then take it to a synth bass?

• Good work @LuisMartinez once stable it will be even awesomer.

As I said in another thread, it’s a great incentive to pick up more of your apps, which I will be doing.

• Anyone figured out how to change the number of bars when building a progression ?

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Anyone figured out how to change the number of bars when building a progression ?

From the getting started thread....>

@thesoundtestroom said:
    Just a quick tip, you may have noticed in the video that I forgot how to change the length of a chord in the progression window.

Just long hold on the right hand side of the chord you want to increase or decrease and drag from left to right to suit

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/27325/ibassist-by-luis-martinez-instant-bass-lines-getting-started-tutorial/p1

• @LuisMartinez said:
    Thanks guys, it's great you like iBassist. It really has been many months of research and hard work. Still some things to fix and improve. Forgive me if I don't have time to join the forum these days, but I'm crazy busy ... lot to figure out.

Cheers!

Great work @LuisMartinez looking forward to seeing the stability updates implemented.