Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT...well, not really.. VOCALOID 5

2»

Comments

• @PhilW said:
    Seems odd they would only release it for the Japanese market if they have done the development anyway. I noticed that V5 is several gig of disk space, that may be limiting for some, but I’d be OK with it. Fingers crossed.

It is a typical "japanese market"-thing. I assume that the European/US sales for the desktop version let them think, that they can ignore these markets for the iOS version.

• I know that such programs are way more popular in Japan than in other parts of the world, but if you’ve done the development already, where’s the downside in releasing worldwide to get some extra sales. There is little to no cost in doing so thst I can see?

• edited July 2018

@PhilW said:
    I know that such programs are way more popular in Japan than in other parts of the world, but if you’ve done the development already, where’s the downside in releasing worldwide to get some extra sales. There is little to no cost in doing so thst I can see?

Not on iOS, no marketing needed. Maybe some translation of the UI though. Jeez they could get a fanboy to do that 🤔

• How do you get the lyrics in?

• @BiancaNeve said:
    How do you get the lyrics in?

I watched a video where it looked like you just click on the individual notes in the piano roll and type the syllables. I will defer to any actual users of the product, of course.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    How do you get the lyrics in?

You click on the note and type a word in english

• edited July 2018

@[Deleted User] said:
    I also asked Yamaha to add this app to the western market. I know... fat chance of them listening to little old me.

But Yamaha is those 'nice' Cubasis guys who comes around here... maybe we can petition to get it out of Japan..
    Seem like a good app...

• @RajahP said:

@[Deleted User] said:
    I also asked Yamaha to add this app to the western market. I know... fat chance of them listening to little old me.

But Yamaha is those 'nice' Cubasis guys who comes around here... maybe we can petition to get it out of Japan..
    Seem like a good app...

now that is a bloody good point! Do you have the user name of the cubasis guy?

• Most of the voices available are Japanese which is maybe why they haven't bothered selling it outside of the Japanese store especially since the voice included in the initial purchase is only Japanese.
    Vocaloid can sound very realistic using the Japanese language which has less phonemes than English and all words basically follow a consonant-vowel/ consonant-vowel structure. I've been using it for all my recent tunes. I have yet to make an English language song though.

• edited July 2018

I just sent a request here:

https://inquiry.yamaha.com/global/?act=1&lcl=en_WW&auth=none

For the address, I just put:
    123, and, Abc (put whatever you like I guess)

... but whoever lives there may get a lot of mail from Yamaha. ✌🏼

Let’s see what they say..

King

• edited July 2018

@KING777 said:

King

cool, Yep i already contacted Yamaha before with no response, @RajahP suggested we contact the cubasis guys.

• edited July 2018

@[Deleted User] said:

@KING777 said:

King

cool, Yep i already contacted Yamaha before but @RajahP suggested we contact the cubasis guys.

Yeah for sure, it all adds up.

“On way or another”

King

Added:

CC @LFS.

• @KING777 said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@KING777 said:

King

cool, Yep i already contacted Yamaha before but @RajahP suggested we contact the cubasis guys.

Yeah for sure, it all adds up.

“On way or another”

King

agreed!

• edited July 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2018

@Max23 said:

@pichi said:
    Most of the voices available are Japanese which is maybe why they haven't bothered selling it outside of the Japanese store especially since the voice included in the initial purchase is only Japanese.
    Vocaloid can sound very realistic using the Japanese language which has less phonemes than English and all words basically follow a consonant-vowel/ consonant-vowel structure. I've been using it for all my recent tunes. I have yet to make an English language song though.

it was in the "international" stores for a day or 2.
    and everybody was like wtf? this doesnt speak English
    so they removed it

It’s does sing English... well loose English at least 😉

• @[Deleted User] said:

@Max23 said:

@pichi said:
    Most of the voices available are Japanese which is maybe why they haven't bothered selling it outside of the Japanese store especially since the voice included in the initial purchase is only Japanese.

so they removed it

It’s does sing English... well lose English at least 😉

It might do 'mumble rap' quite well i mean it's not like good pronunciation is needed as longs as it's somewhat possible to distinguish the words :D

• @[Deleted User] said:

@RajahP said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Seem like a good app...

@LFS do you know any people on the yamaha side that could be convinced that a western release of ios vocaloid editor would be a good thing? The app has been out for ages so little overhead involved.

• @Samu said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@Max23 said:

@pichi said:

so they removed it

It’s does sing English... well lose English at least 😉

It might do 'mumble rap' quite well i mean it's not like good pronunciation is needed as longs as it's somewhat possible to distinguish the words :D

You should hear me singing 🎤 🎶 😱

• @[Deleted User] said:

@RajahP said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Seem like a good app...

Just saw your post... So much was happening last week...

LFS is a Cubasis guy...> https://forum.audiob.us/profile/LFS

Noticed the app has regular updates..

• @RajahP said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@RajahP said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Seem like a good app...

Yes, that's Lars from Steinberg.

• @RajahP said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@RajahP said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Seem like a good app...

thank mans I cc'd him in the post :-)

• @White

Thank you so much for posting this info on how to get a japanese app store account - I'm considering going through the process of getting the app- does it still work well with current versions of ios? Also, is it possible to import midi files and assign lyrics to each note the same way you can on the desktop version of the software?

• @annahahn said:
    @White

Thank you so much for posting this info on how to get a japanese app store account - I'm considering going through the process of getting the app- does it still work well with current versions of ios? Also, is it possible to import midi files and assign lyrics to each note the same way you can on the desktop version of the software?

Yes it still works, I'm on IOS 13.6.1. The app was last updated on July 28 2020.

You can drag and drop your music track (audio) from the files app into the app. So your song could look like this:

You can then record your melody by playing on the build in keyboard or you can manually insert the notes into the pianoroll.
    You can not import a midi file.

I don't know how you assign lyrics to notes on the desktop, but you can select the notes you want to assign lyrics to, and then you just write the lyrics. When you press the arrow buttons in the lyrics dialog, you go to the next/previous note.

You have a lot of editing options in the pianoroll editor:

You should create your japanese account before you buy a giftcard.

• @White thank you so much for this! So crazy to me that there's no way to grab this in any other app store it seems awesome and the interface looks quite nice. Is it possible to do all of the vocal inflection pitch bending sort of stuff by drawing automation similar to the desktop version?

So if there is no way to import a midi file... would it be possible to play the midi back from cubasis, record this into Vocaloid, and then assign lyrics that way?

• @annahahn said:
    @White thank you so much for this! So crazy to me that there's no way to grab this in any other app store it seems awesome and the interface looks quite nice. Is it possible to do all of the vocal inflection pitch bending sort of stuff by drawing automation similar to the desktop version?

So if there is no way to import a midi file... would it be possible to play the midi back from cubasis, record this into Vocaloid, and then assign lyrics that way?

Yes, you can draw free hand pitch bend automation:

As far as I know, you can not record midi from another app, you can only record from the internal keyboard or manually inset notes.