Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT...well, not really.. VOCALOID 5

Looks interesting..

Comments

• edited July 2018

That demo sounds really terrible. I thought autotune was bad, but this is even worse.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    That demo sounds really terrible. I thought autotune was bad, but this is even worse.

This is the very reason why i find it interesting. On the other hand it can be helpful for building demo tracks. But, no way to spend 99 Euro/Dollar for something like this.

• It sounds better and more realistic than previous Vocaloid’s though, and for people who struggle with singing to create a demo, or for backing vocals, or for sample fodder, I think it would be great. Wish there was something on IOS like this (and for ios prices!).

• I think it sounds amazing and the human voice will always be the hardest instrument to mimic.

• That dude's chillin' in the Matrix.

• edited July 2018

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

While I would have to be deaf to not agree. I’m still happy that vocaloid exists. It gives people like me who can’t sing for crap and don’t really know anyone who can the ability to still make songs with lyrics.

Furthermore in my opinion, I feel like a vocaloid can kind of be compared to bad CGI in a movie. If the movie is good and it has some bad CGI scenes it is generally forgiven as overall the movie was still a good entertaining experience. However if the CGI is bad and the movie itself is bad a lot of time CGI is criticized before a lot of other problems with the movie. I feel vocaloid is very similar to this.

To demonstrate towards this point, Here is a video written with vocaloid 2 that overall is well done. But could be said to have bad CGI.

• @PhilW said:
    It sounds better and more realistic than previous Vocaloid’s though, and for people who struggle with singing to create a demo, or for backing vocals, or for sample fodder, I think it would be great. Wish there was something on IOS like this (and for ios prices!).

Weirdly enough vocaloid does already exist for the iPad. However the catch is it’s only available in the Japanese App Store. Check it out: https://www.vocaloid.com/mveditor/

• @reV01D said:

@PhilW said:
    It sounds better and more realistic than previous Vocaloid’s though, and for people who struggle with singing to create a demo, or for backing vocals, or for sample fodder, I think it would be great. Wish there was something on IOS like this (and for ios prices!).

Weirdly enough vocaloid does already exist for the iPad. However the catch is it’s only available in the Japanese App Store. Check it out: https://www.vocaloid.com/mveditor/

god damn it! i wants it!!!

• @reV01D said:

@PhilW said:

In that case, I hope there is some fresh thinking with the launch of V5 to bring it more generally to iPads everywhere!

• @[Deleted User] said:

@reV01D said:

@PhilW said:

god damn it! i wants it!!!

Thanks... I want it too... V5..

• But that is only an editor....not the engine...or?

• edited July 2018

Vocaloid is not about autotune and stuff it´s about write/build your own phrases and lyrics and you can add different kind of expression and stuff.
    A little example:

• @Cib said:
    But that is only an editor....not the engine...or?

I believe it’s the one which was initially designed for cubase. Unfortunately there is little to no chance of this iOS app coming to the west. It been out for ages.

• You can create a japanese account and buy a japanese giftcard, if you want to buy Yamaha Mobile Vocaloid Editor, I did that 😊

The app has a couple of english vocaloids:

CyberDiva
    Cyber Songman
    Fukase
    Megpoid

But they are Iap’s

• @PhilW said:
    Wish there was something on IOS like this (and for ios prices!).

PPG Phonem will do it.

• @White said:
    You can create a japanese account and buy a japanese giftcard, if you want to buy Yamaha Mobile Vocaloid Editor, I did that 😊

CyberDiva
    Cyber Songman
    Fukase
    Megpoid

But they are Iap’s

I was thinking that. I just need two Apple ID's I guess. With using a gift card i can avoid a Japanese billing address?

• @White said:
    But they are Iap’s

Whoa! Good to know! I thought it was japanese only. Maybe it's something they added later or I never got into it (tried in my nephew's device :lol:)

• awesome thanks

• @White said:
    You can create a japanese account and buy a japanese giftcard, if you want to buy Yamaha Mobile Vocaloid Editor, I did that 😊

Thanks, White! Is it usable and worth it to you? At 4800 yen + 2400 yen per IAP (is that right for the English ones?), that's hardly a casual purchase. I've always wanted to work with Vocaloids, though.

Can you talk about the process a little? Sounds like you have to import audio then export via iTunes after you create vocals. Can you create multiple voice tracks and export stems? Can you apply 3rd party effects or is there any integration at all?

Thanks so much!

• edited July 2018

@oddSTAR said:

@White said:

Thanks, White! Is it usable and worth it to you? At 4800 yen + 2400 yen per IAP (is that right for the English ones?), that's hardly a casual purchase. I've always wanted to work with Vocaloids, though.

Can you talk about the process a little? Sounds like you have to import audio then export via iTunes after you create vocals. Can you create multiple voice tracks and export stems? Can you apply 3rd party effects or is there any integration at all?

Thanks so much!

"At 4800 yen + 2400 yen per IAP "... That seems to work out to $48 and $24 us... Am I correct?

• @RajahP said:

@oddSTAR said:

@White said:

Thanks so much!

"At 4800 yen + 2400 yen per IAP "... That seems to work out to $48 and $24 us... Am I correct?

a little less but yep you are correct.

• A little less according to Google...$42.66 and $21.33 at today's rates. Thanks, that video answered some questions...interestingly IAP looked like 2200Y in the video which is different than the app description but that list looked outdated. Still interested in knowing about export options.

• @oddSTAR said:
    A little less according to Google...$42.66 and $21.33 at today's rates. Thanks, that video answered some questions...interestingly IAP looked like 2200Y in the video which is different than the app description but that list looked outdated. Still interested in knowing about export options.

Yep, I am seeing post on the youtube video some 3 years old..wonder if V5 will come to iOS?

• @oddSTAR said:

@White said:

Thanks so much!

The app has Files.app integration, so you can open the files app as a slide over and drag an Audio file into your track:

You can have multiple Voice tracks:

It has a mixer Where You can add effects:

When you create a mixdown, the file is saved in the folder in the files app, so you can get it there.

The app supports AudioCopy and AudioPaste too.

I think it is a little expensive too, but like you, I wanted to work with vocaloids, I had the Miriam vocaloid When I had a pc, so this app was the only way to get vocaloid on the iPad, it works on iPhone too :)

I bought CyberDiva and the english Megpoid.

Hope you can use the input :)

• That looks really useful !

• @White said:

@oddSTAR said:

@White said:

Thanks so much!

The app has Files.app integration, so you can open the files app as a slide over and drag an Audio file into your track:

You can have multiple Voice tracks:

It has a mixer Where You can add effects:

When you create a mixdown, the file is saved in the folder in the files app, so you can get it there.

The app supports AudioCopy and AudioPaste too.

I think it is a little expensive too, but like you, I wanted to work with vocaloids, I had the Miriam vocaloid When I had a pc, so this app was the only way to get vocaloid on the iPad, it works on iPhone too :)

I bought CyberDiva and the english Megpoid.

Hope you can use the input :)

thanks for the intel :-)

• I also asked Yamaha to add this app to the western market. I know... fat chance of them listening to little old me.

• Seems odd they would only release it for the Japanese market if they have done the development anyway. I noticed that V5 is several gig of disk space, that may be limiting for some, but I’d be OK with it. Fingers crossed.