Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The sound of what one is. TEDxBerlin talk on mobile music making.

edited December 2013 in Creations

vimeo.com/80791563

vimeo.com/80791563
hi guys, 2 months ago i had the opportunity to talk about the way we work, the way we make music, at TEDxBerlin. i performed after reggie watts in front of 1000 people with my little smartphone (and my cello). yes, i was so nervous and excited! of course i said also what i think about big companies. some of you already know i am a badass. i appreciate so much this forum, and i thought of you during the talk, but community relations are not my strong point.

when i thank app developers during the talk i am referring to fabien manchec (tbmidistuff) who modified his app to let me trigger samples and effects with the movements of my cello. also to karl scholz (werkbench) who did a super-fast beta with audiobus for me to play at tedxberlin, that i couldn't use as it was not 100% stable (come on karl! we really love werkbench!! make it happen please...), and the other one, well... it's clear... regarding to apps, he is the love of my life. i will always be deeply grateful to him for being so open to my suggestions, and making the tool of my dreams.

for the performance i used loopy, audiobus, magellan (for sound effects), tbmidistuff and bm2 (for triggering the recorded sample). the computer and the softstep midi controller on the floor are for triggering the video-mapping visuals on the cello case. (by the way!! be careful when using softstep in big venues, what a shit... it emits a disturbing and audible noise from the display, around 3400 hrz, –amplified by 40.000 watts.– that gets into the sound chain. can you believe that?? kmi support says it's like that, they can do nothing...)

i hope you enjoy!

Comments

• edited December 2013

Oh man! This is awesome.

Michael is currently sleeping but I'm going to mail this to him so he sees it first thing when he wakes up :)

Btw was this year's TEDx Berlin still at Radialwerk? I held a talk there in 2010 and the place was pretty amazing.

• Amazing! Love the motion control, makes for such a seamless performance. I'm inspired to find a way to minimize my foot controller.

• I'm seeing a big empty space in the original post where the video should be (safari on iPad 3)...

Anyone have a direct link?

• edited December 2013

busker said:

I'm seeing a big empty space in the original post where the video should be (safari on iPad 3)...

vimeo.com/80791563

• edited December 2013

David you are incredible. Absolutely incredible. Not much more I can say besides that.

And for the softstep, couldn't tell from the vid if you did this already or not, but disabling the blue EL backlighting with the KMI editor should remove that noise but I agree it is a shit that you have to do that for it to work properly.

• Excellent! Glad to see the exposure of the apps and your talent in TED.

• Wow! That was spellbinding! Wonderful! Very inventive... :)

• edited December 2013

Bravo! [standing ovation]

• <3 - brilliant, David!

• great stuff... what a talent !

• Well done!

• Really enjoyed that, thanks for sharing!

• I have no link..please someone repost the link

• edited December 2013

@thesoundtestroom

Sebastian said:

busker said:

vimeo.com/80791563

• edited December 2013

:)

'

'

'

thanks a lot you guys...

(psssss michael, don't sleep, i desperately want to see audiobus2 finished... so you can work on next loopy version!!! (bins? labels and/or colors? sound triggering recording? more functional midi bindings?! a more clear pannel?))

xD
    how cruel can become an iOS user who wants to have it's favorite app updated!

• Now that you've requested it, I assume we should see it within a week ;-)

• That was incredible! And inspiring! Thank you so much! Goliath better watch out!

• edited December 2013

Amazing - a very innovative performance!

• @funjunkie27 aha! so we are in "next" week now... i thought you had classified info. great news today, yet an announcement. still we have to wait until next year! huh.
    but good things are worth the wait.

...this means loopy update will be delayed at least a couple of months. sometimes i wish we could clone michael. i would start a crowd-founding to clone him.

• edited December 2013

@eccecello - cloning would be great if it worked, but you've seen Multiplicity right? We'd probably end up with a version of Michael that is a bit "off" and the app would turn into "Poopy HD" haha.

But I'd still be willing to donate a buck to your cloning clause - just to see. I call "not it" for collecting the DNA though.

• if it works... each one of us could have a michael in the basement, =:/

building the app of our dreams...

but what the hell!??? he already built the app of my dreams! ...anyway, it would be cool to have a copy of him in the basement, just for fun (the proximity of the christmas is bringing out my evil sideeeee hahahahahhaaaaa).

• edited December 2013

*jibbley-jibbley*

• Poor Goliath. Built his own destruction.