Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

100% Caitlin Downie and 100% Sopranotron - Cubasis Project

Cubasis project featuring only the sounds from Sopranotron

Comments

• Very nice Doug. Will have to get this soon. Can you adjust the velocity attack of her voice to achieve a softer attack? Is it possible to achieve a smoother legato to a melody of course that might depend on the vowel chosen?
    Lovely
    I noticed on the Canadian app store no reviews for the Victorian Chapel Organ so I just gave a five star review :)
    Thanks for the video!

• @Arpseechord Thanks, and the answer to your questions, no you can’t do any of those things, it just kinda behaves like an old Mellotron would have

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    @Arpseechord Thanks, and the answer to your questions, no you can’t do any of those things, it just kinda behaves like an old Mellotron would have

Ok thanks for the info. The purity and quality of the Sopranotron to my ears sounds stellar and I’m convinced I can use it
    Cheers

• Doug, was this prompted by the recent update to M3000/Sopranotron?

I had an exchange with developer Phil Atkin on twitter and learned that the latest update (barring any bugfixes) will also be the last. Quote:

I will no longer, after this refresh, be maintaining the existing apps. This refresh is to get them into the best possible shape so that fingers crossed they will still be good for iOS 14. But if Apple change something that makes them break, they will stay broken.

He says that he's going to focus his efforts on his newer (and upcoming?) apps.

Just a heads-up for any forum-ers who (like me) are deeply fond of Sopranotron. At some point soonish, you'll want to keep it on an ipad with iOS updates turned off.

Incidentally Caitlin Downie herself is also on twitter and once told me that she loves to hear tracks that have used her voice but rarely has the chance, since people don't go out of their way to tell her. So, everyone: if you have any pieces that feature Sopranotron, feel free to drop her a (respectful, non-creepy) line!

• @zpxlng Yes, Phil, told he was updating and I told him I’m going to make some demos because I love any new excuse to demo his apps😎.

And also it ties in with an app giveaway I’ve just had on Patreon for the M3000 and Sopranotron