Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BiTWig: Free Trial?

Is there a full version trial like Ableton and Reason?

Have you used it?

How does it compare to Ableton?

Thanks

Comments

• https://www.bitwig.com/en/download Here’s the website for the trial. I have never used the program tho so I can’t help with the other questions

• https://www.bitwig.com/en/download

Never actually used any of them seriously but from little experience Ableton with Push2 is the best option. (I was jamming with a friend having the push2)
    Bitwig, although I found it more interesting to interact&learn and it’s touchscreen optimized (have a 20” multitouch screen), it still needed mouse and keyboard (tried v2.0) ,so I was a bit disappointed.
    I would also check some videos on mpc software since it’s ‘low” priced (for desktop app) at 100€ , plus now they finally allow all midi controllers. However , the mpc touch controller is ridiculously overpriced...wish they could support a multitouch screen or make a true mpc app for iOS ...

• Bitwig doesn’t have Push, but I still think it’s better than Ableton. The modulation system is great, and you can convert clips to audio in place with their dual midi/audio track feature. That new sampler looks like a could be pretty nice too.

Though they are probably more similar than they are different at this point.

• edited July 2018

@RUST( i )K
    I’m pretty sure you’d dig it- especially on touchscreen which is one of its unfair advantages in Bitwig/Ableton comparisons. Ableton is not sorted for touch (yet..). The other advantage over Ableton is $. Bitwig full-on comes in at 1/2 the cost of Ableton Suite and that is an outrageous bargain, content and depth wise. Now, Ableton is Ableton. Anyone that can get it ($), and gets into the workflow probably should get it. It’s the absolute pinnacle for some, and I see why. I spent less on Bitwig + FL Studio than I would’ve on Ableton, and I use them both on touch screen so I’m a happy guy.
    One thing about Bitwig, the touchscreen version is designed to redress any lacking touchscreen support among your VST. Also the UX in terms of touchscreen is butter smooth. At least on the now late model Surface Pro that Bitwig touchscreen started on.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @RUST( i )K said:
    Have you used it?

You can track down a copy of Bitwig 8 Track (Full functionality limited to 8 tracks)

Bitwig runs on Linux, Win and Mac and if you need touch ala iPad, you can grab a Surface Pro 3 (8GB Ram) for cheap.

You can control external hardware via CC, CV or Sysex and integrate ANY control surface

What sort of music can you produce on an iPAD with 1 Midi note?

• Bitwig gave me a copy of 8-Track, which was a really nice move. The limit in number of tracks isn’t a problem for me. The limit of two VSTs is a bit more restrictive. But the key problem is that it’s based on BWS 1.5, which is quite different from 2.3. In my case, it’s been especially difficult to deal with non-standard controllers because the scripts are all for BWS2. In fact, there is some discrepancy in that a bit of the code for 8-Track did benefit from BWS2, but that’s mostly a source of problems in troubleshooting issues.
    Wanted to make 8-Track into something of a training tool. Doesn’t sound like a good idea.

Having said this, the Bitwig approach really suits me. Played a bit with Ableton Live Lite (and with the demo version of Live Standard). There’s a lot of training material for it, which is quite useful, and it’s really neat to export to Live Projects from some iOS apps like Gadget and Launchpad.
    But BWS does feel to me like it’s more steadily going in the right direction, MPE support is quite important for me and that’s a major drawback that Ableton didn’t even signal an intention to add it to Live. There are also some neat workflow features in BWS which make it a better choice for me than Live. Haven’t used the touchscreen keyboard much but it’s as efficient as you’d expect in MPE contexts. And while Max for Live devices can be pretty neat, they work rather well in Max standalone (which comes at a reasonable price for the education market).

From the first responses to the 2.4 update, it sounds like Bitwig has been addressing important concerns head-on. Sure, it’s still a minor (free) update and some cynics think it was timed to coincide with the end of some people’s year of free updates. Yet the reaction from Bitwig users is quite positive, almost as much as Ableton users’ response to Live 10. But it’s also a neat update for people who have to jump on the Bitwig bandwagon.

• @Enkerli said:
    But the key problem is that it’s based on BWS 1.5, which is quite different from 2.3.

That's odd, wasn't aware of that. There is a limited trial "If you have not purchased a license, the application will run in demo mode with saving and exporting disabled."

With 2.4 the sampler gets Wavetable and Granular play modes...wow! I'm waiting on a Surface pro 3 i5 8G ram..should run all the native stuff fine.