Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Vatanator midi out

I’m confused by Vatanator’s setup. I have v1.3, which is the AU, but at this point I think that’s not relevant. I’ve looked at the Vatanator manual and in the section on midi setup, the implication is that you can point midi out to a synth that shows up in the output list and that synth should receive midi when you press one of the Vatanator pads, or they’re selected in the Vatanator sequencer when a sequence is playing.

I’ll start here:

I’ve loaded Kauldron and Vatanator as standalone to try to keep it simple. I go into settings for Vatanator, and Kauldron shows up in the output list.

If I click on notes out, Vatanator crashes. I’ve done the usual precautions of a full reset and power off/on reboots before starting this test. If I start over and open Kauldron’s midi settings, Vatanator is not one of the options for input:

Am I making an incorrect assumption that this is the purpose of midi out in Vatanator?

Help is blessed, welcomed, and appreciated.
Thanks!

Comments

• I guess EVERYONE is confused. Vatanator is an app that I’d like to integrate and use, but so far there are roadblocks. 😊