Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SID Automated Mouth Retro Text-to-Speech

Comments

• This would be cool :)

• Here's another one (Delay Lama) that would fit rbSAM quite nicely :)

(Wait for the careless whisper cover LOL).

• @frond said:

@rblahut said:
    so not that anyone here would care

I care :)

Thank you for reading up on the Votrax speech synths. Very robotic sounding/synthetic, especially when you drop the pitch and slow the speed down.

Can't wait to hear what happens.

You also mention 'tiny text synth (very raw!)'. The raw part caught my attention. Is this part of the original SAM program ?

so... i spent several hourz over this past weekend digging into vortax/sc01a to see if and how i could integrate into rbsam. i'm afraid the differing synthesis modelz vary too much to integrate readily. but.. it soundz too kool to ignore, so i think i'm going to a write a new variant on itz own. will start this week. also, i dont want to overly complicate the user interface (not my forte - some might say the interface has issuez already ;-) )

as for "tiny speech synth", this is a very limited but small and kool sounding piece of code that was created far more recently. this is main link: http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=50530

a javascript version also already existz: http://www.p01.org/JS1K_Speech_Synthesizer/

• edited September 2018

@Samu said:
    Here's another one (Delay Lama) that would fit rbSAM quite nicely :)

(Wait for the careless whisper cover LOL).

thatz great! i love the cheezy/awesome delay... rbsam usez extremely crude formantz in itz generation - just like the original sid automated mouth. i thought about exposing that but opted not too cuz of interface compilationz.

over this past weekend, i think i'll continue any bug fixez and audiobus integration, but the ios/android version of rbsam should remain as-is... and that i should implement any new synthesis methodz as separate appz. though i had thought i could do this in one, i lack the interface design prowess to make it usable within a reasonable amount of time.

ok, one thing more i will add to rbsam: an optional animated head that actz as an oscilloscope (the rbsam logo) while it is played, just for fun... not unlike the "delay lama" ;-)

by the way, the sc01a and espeak-ng speech synthz are 1st up for realization.

• u'all may notice, i did update rbsam to version 1.0.3 - just a bug fix - but i did add a pitch bender. when i finish audiobus integration, the automation should be sick ;-)

• @rblahut said:
    u'all may notice, i did update rbsam to version 1.0.3 - just a bug fix - but i did add a pitch bender. when i finish audiobus integration, the automation should be sick ;-)

I noticed and I have few request if possible, in the advanced window I love the tuning and the phoneme freeze function. They work great.....err I mean dope ass!😉 already but I like to have maybe a menu where I can extend the range of tuning to even further extreme ranges, also this phoneme freeze function, it’s already amazing does it make sense to have a few different setting options for it?

Would that be possible ?

😮

• @[Deleted User] said:

@rblahut said:
    u'all may notice, i did update rbsam to version 1.0.3 - just a bug fix - but i did add a pitch bender. when i finish audiobus integration, the automation should be sick ;-)

I noticed and I have few request if possible, in the advanced window I love the tuning and the phoneme freeze function. They work great.....err I mean dope ass!😉 already but I like to have maybe a menu where I can extend the range of tuning to even further extreme ranges, also this phoneme freeze function, it’s already amazing does it make sense to have a few different setting options for it?

Would that be possible ?

😮

sure! thatz super easy ;-) how much do ya want?

• i'm totally down with feature requestz. i've just decided to implement other synth methodz in other appz - to keep it attainable ;-)

• @rblahut said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@rblahut said:

Would that be possible ?

😮

sure! thatz super easy ;-) how much do ya want?

Well for the tuning I like an option or it just extended to go out of hearing range for both high and low frequencies. Im not sure how the phoneme freeze function works but maybe add a few different ranges/loop points options. Whatever works to f it up more. Have that or the duration have option to sync to internal clock or even external midi clock maybe.

• those are good recommendationz! lemme see what i can do. might take me a week or 2 as i have a day job ;-)

• @rblahut said:
    those are good recommendationz! lemme see what i can do. might take me a week or 2 as i have a day job ;-)

No rush man, it’s already an absolute blast!

• @rblahut said:
    so... i spent several hourz over this past weekend digging into vortax/sc01a to see if and how i could integrate into rbsam. i'm afraid the differing synthesis modelz vary too much to integrate readily. but.. it soundz too kool to ignore, so i think i'm going to a write a new variant on itz own. will start this week. also, i dont want to overly complicate the user interface (not my forte - some might say the interface has issuez already ;-) )

as for "tiny speech synth", this is a very limited but small and kool sounding piece of code

thank you for trying get the votrax sc01a code working in rbsam. looking forward to purchasing the new product when its ready :-)

'tiny speech synth' is cool sounding, but too clean. nothing some post waveshaping couldn't fix.

does the mame emu sc01a code give you enough info/documentation?
    i don't have a patent program, but a friend does. would that be helpful? i remember there being some implementation schematics.

• yes... i am now compelled ;-)

• @rblahut said:

tried to send you some info, not sure if it went through. may be your notification preferences?

• @frond said:

@rblahut said:

tried to send you some info, not sure if it went through. may be your notification preferences?

i did receive, thank u! i probably won't get a chance to do much till the weekend but this is on my radar ;-)

• finally, i successfully implemented an sc01a (votrax) voice emulation. it still lackz a meanz of translating text that i can readily implement. also, i don't know if it alignz well with "rbsam", but it doez sound kool ;-) more to follow...

• @rblahut said:
    finally, i successfully implemented an sc01a (votrax) voice emulation. it still lackz a meanz of translating text that i can readily implement. also, i don't know if it alignz well with "rbsam", but it doez sound kool ;-) more to follow...

👏

• if someone can find me a rom dump of the sc02, i will emulate the snot out of that too ;-)

• i realize this might a dead thread, but i do hope to finally release an update that involvez rbsam in the next 2-3 weekz. will also include votrax/sc01a emulation, ti99 emulation, and some other stuff. cheerz ;-)

• In the mean time, last year I had some fun with Speak Unit on a live stream event.

• Cool @rblahut . I like SID a lot. B)

I’m thinkin’ Bebot and SID need to do a collaboration. Gonna go chat with them about that once the beers start to kick in Friday.

• Awesome news!

@rblahut said:
    i realize this might a dead thread, but i do hope to finally release an update that involvez rbsam in the next 2-3 weekz. will also include votrax/sc01a emulation, ti99 emulation, and some other stuff. cheerz ;-)

• @rblahut said:
    i realize this might a dead thread, but i do hope to finally release an update that involvez rbsam in the next 2-3 weekz. will also include votrax/sc01a emulation, ti99 emulation, and some other stuff. cheerz ;-)

Niiice!!

• @rblahut said:

The thread was dead... But not the love :lol:

• @senhorlampada said:

@rblahut said:

The thread was dead... But not the love :lol:

+1

• @wim said:
    Cool @rblahut . I like SID a lot. B)

I’m thinkin’ Bebot and SID need to do a collaboration. Gonna go chat with them about that once the beers start to kick in Friday.

It's not that we're impatient, but any pictures of the baby?

• Does this work with IAA or AUv3, or is it standalone for file creation/sharing?

• @eyesunderground said:
    Does this work with IAA or AUv3, or is it standalone for file creation/sharing?

Standalone for now as far as I know but it's easy enough to save the current buffer and it's accessible thru files.app.
    Perfect for crazy sample creation :)