Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SID Automated Mouth Retro Text-to-Speech

Comments

• @Samu said:

@[Deleted User] said:

I also heard from a colleague from the Dev, working on future update.

Cool!

Do you know if they use Sebastian Macke's code https://github.com/s-macke/SAM or did they write a new one from scratch?

I'm wondering since the linked code does not produce a 'click' at the start of the sound like rbSAM does.

Anyways looking forward to any update, apps like these are hidden gems :)

Hey there.

Dev says it's juce so c++ this means the copy/paste function is not so easy but it is on the list! First dev wants to implement a "freeze" & "scrubbing" option. vocoding & some other input/resampling effectz are being considered.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@Samu said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Cool!

Do you know if they use Sebastian Macke's code https://github.com/s-macke/SAM or did they write a new one from scratch?

I'm wondering since the linked code does not produce a 'click' at the start of the sound like rbSAM does.

Hey there.

Dev says it's juce so c++ this means the copy/paste function is not so easy but it is on the list! First dev wants to implement a "freeze" & "scrubbing" option. vocoding & some other input/resampling effectz are being considered.

I think two of my main 'requests' would be to disable 'loop' (making it easier to record the sounds without loop) and 'render to file' to avoid having to trim the recorded audio.

Hope those 2 make it to the next update :)

• @Samu said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@Samu said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Cool!

Hey there.

I think two of my main 'requests' would be to disable 'loop' (making it easier to record the sounds without loop) and 'render to file' to avoid having to trim the recorded audio.

I have told him your request. lets wait and see now :-)

• @Samu said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@Samu said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Cool!

Hey there.

Update for your sir!!! from the Dev '.... the disable loop is easy... though i need to re-work interface on mobile so that switch wont consume too much screen space on smaller screenz an the output to file is already done in next update.'

• @[Deleted User] said:

Update for your sir!!! from the Dev '.... the disable loop is easy... though i need to re-work interface on mobile so that switch wont consume too much screen space on smaller screenz an the output to file is already done in next update.'

Awesome, super thanks!

With the output to file it will be quite fast to create different variations by tweaking the parameters, check the playback and output to file :)

There is just one 'gripe' about the UI remaining that is quite easy to fix :)
    Just enable the 'edge protection' so the iOS11 'dock' wont make the keyboard feel sluggish.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46988469/how-to-enable-edge-protect-in-iphone-x
    (It affects iPads as well and that 'fix' in place in many music apps already).

• Nice Update!

Only few things 'missing' now are the ability to disable loop when playing the sound (loop is needed in some cases though, specially in the advanced mode) and 're-trigger' the whole sound when using the keyboard otherwise a solid update, me like it :)

• I am thinking that a bigger keyboard would be nice too :)

• hello, i'm the creator/developer if "rbSAM" - this is my first post within this forum. i've just released an update with includez copy/paste buttonz in the text entry window. more importantly, there is an "advanced" tab which allowz freeform scrubbing of the audio buffer, 2 different "freeze" modez, a hold last note played button, and the ability to save the current buffer as-is to a file. also, if soft reset is left enabled, tone adjustmentz happen in real time more-or-less ;-)

i use the juce c++ framework which permitz much easier cross-platform development but some of the native featurez & integration abilitiez are buggy or obscured.

in any case, please enjoy, spread the "robotic" word (if ur inclined), and feel free to dump feedback/criticism back my way.

android update very soon - and osx/windowz versionz in progress ;-)

• i should also mention that i am aware of a few bugz:

random crashz if multiple parameterz are changed too quickly (i havent nailed down the combo yet).

if the number if the calculated "phonemez" exceedz a certain number, the corresponding audio framez no longer match up (in the new buffer scrubbing window).

native sharing continuez to have some issuez, particularly on android.

• next few itemz i hope address:

loop on/off, per request ;-)

keyboard size adjuster - i'm not a gui guy - not my forte - and i want it to play reasonably well on smaller device screenz

bug squash

new voice modez - am looking at borrowing from "espeak-ng" & a few otherz ;-)

• awesome! and welcome to the forum.

• @rblahut said:
    next few itemz i hope address:

keyboard size adjuster - i'm not a gui guy - not my forte - and i want it to play reasonably well on smaller device screenz

bug squash

Tried these new features out last night. They're really spectacular. Thank you! :)

• no, thank u ;-)

• @rblahut Welcome and congrats on the app. Good start and good progress!

• @rblahut said:
    next few itemz i hope address:

bug squash

great entertainment sir.. the one thing that could REALLY do with addressing is the GUI for opening the recorded files list and sharing them.. it’s such a narrow strip and its taking me 10 or more tries to open up the list and the same to bring up the share menu for a selected file..
    and that is on a 10.5 inch ipad.. so god knows what its like on other devices!
    or is there some trick that i am missing?

• hello... i will do widget/button/keyboard adjustment in the near future. thank u for ur feedback!

• @rblahut said:
    hello... i will do widget/button/keyboard adjustment in the near future. thank u for ur feedback!

Cool, please do add an option to play the generated sound from start on each key-press.
    (Feels like the 'legato - reset' might be broken?). And well disabling loop would be nice too ;)

More 'advanced' feature request would be to allow creating a phrase directly using the phonem list or replace phonems in the parsed rule list? (Or even select a phonem for direct 'playback' similar to Freeze mode).

This could be accomplished with 'double taps', ie. when a entry is selected in the 'parsed rule list' the user could double-tap on a phonem in the phonem list the parsed phonem in the parsed phonem list would be replaced.

If the Parsed phonem text is selected double-tap on an entry in the phonem list would be added at the current cursor location.

The 'original' SAM also allowed insertion of 'playback commands' into a parsed phonem text-phrase so it was possible to change the pitch of certain words for added 'fun' :)
    (Start from 0:40 or so or watch the whole thing for added entertainment).

(~3 minute mark E.T. Phone home hehe).

When running SAM under VICE it's easy to check the basic program for the commands.

If the above makes any sense and is even considered for implementation I'll be super greatful :)

Cheers!
    /Samuel

• sweet! i'll look into this ;-)

gonna be tight!

• "robotz for life"

• @rblahut said:
    "robotz for life"

For me it's SID-4-Ever ;)

• edited August 2018

@JeffChasteen said:

@philowerx said:
    Great find, I'm a sucker for these text to speech apps, so much fun! Really like this one. Are there any others you guys like?
    Speak • Speech Synthesizer by Loic Verrall
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/speak-speech-synthesizer/id806819422?mt=8

I'm also a fan of Speak.
    I just got through with using it on a track.

Same. RealBeat is cool https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/realbeat/id457372874?mt=8&at=10laUK

Nave does good text to speech too. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nave/id596036905?mt=8&at=10laUK

• @rblahut said:
    hello, i'm the creator/developer if "rbSAM" - this is my first post within this forum. i've just released an update with includez copy/paste buttonz in the text entry window. more importantly, there is an "advanced" tab which allowz freeform scrubbing of the audio buffer, 2 different "freeze" modez, a hold last note played button, and the ability to save the current buffer as-is to a file. also, if soft reset is left enabled, tone adjustmentz happen in real time more-or-less ;-)

i use the juce c++ framework which permitz much easier cross-platform development but some of the native featurez & integration abilitiez are buggy or obscured.

in any case, please enjoy, spread the "robotic" word (if ur inclined), and feel free to dump feedback/criticism back my way.

android update very soon - and osx/windowz versionz in progress ;-)

Welcome, good app, take my dollarz.

• @djpuzzle said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@philowerx said:
    Great find, I'm a sucker for these text to speech apps, so much fun! Really like this one. Are there any others you guys like?
    Speak • Speech Synthesizer by Loic Verrall
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/speak-speech-synthesizer/id806819422?mt=8

I'm also a fan of Speak.
    I just got through with using it on a track.

Same. RealBeat is cool https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/realbeat/id457372874?mt=8&at=10laUK

Nave does good text to speech too. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nave/id596036905?mt=8&at=10laUK

Waldorf Attack is pretty good for speech as well :)
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/attack-drums/id956450390?ls=1&mt=8&at=10laUK

• Love to see a more advanced text to speech app come to iOS something along the lines of Vocaloid 5. I wonder if it would be possible.

• we'll see...

• edited August 2018

@Jumpercollins said:
    Love to see a more advanced text to speech app come to iOS something along the lines of Vocaloid 5. I wonder if it would be possible.

Well vocaloid editor already exist on iOS, unfortunately only on Japanese Apple store.
    It actually technically advance what Yamaha have done with vocal synthesis.

• speaking only for myself, i contemplate deeper [speech] synthesis methodz - but if itz not clear, i hope keep "rbsam" a bit & on gritty c64 side. having said that, i do have ideaz on implementing speech resynthesis and/or vocoding (external) audio with a phat layered rbsam-style voice (as carrier [or modulator] oscillator).

my weekend was largely consumed with other thingz but i did throw some hourz at widget resizing, one-shot mode, & bug squashing. i hope to provide such soon. cheerz!

• @rblahut said:
    speaking only for myself, i contemplate deeper [speech] synthesis methodz - but if itz not clear, i hope keep "rbsam" a bit & on gritty c64 side. having said that, i do have ideaz on implementing speech resynthesis and/or vocoding (external) audio with a phat layered rbsam-style voice (as carrier [or modulator] oscillator).

my weekend was largely consumed with other thingz but i did throw some hourz at widget resizing, one-shot mode, & bug squashing. i hope to provide such soon. cheerz!

Keep on! No Sheepz til Buxton!