Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FieldScaper Big Update.

Comments

• damn it, need to buy this now.

• Great :)
    Got to admit though I was hoping for AU on this list. Hope that's planned.

• Yer and me, maybe next time.

• Will take a bit of time to get my head around this !

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • +1 for taking some time to get the ol' head around this ;)

Watched the same video from his facebook post. Tried first to go all in without any instruction and didn't have a clue. Then watched the video... that moves through pretty fast, but I then played again and at least had a clue.

Got the gist of this and the preset creation and management is much easier. Seems to be some new sound clip editing features, unless they were there before and didn't notice them.

Will need to go through the video again much slower, but there's a lot of greatness here to dig into. :)

• Great app, no idea how to use it properly but love it anyway.

• "select some compact solid mask..."
    It's easy!

But seriously, this is a wonderful, nutty app and adding a step sequencer makes it even more innovative. Bravo.

• @Dawdles said:
    Not a big complaint but curious why there’s no internal browser for sample import. I have a FieldScaper folder in Files app but I can’t access Files app folders from inside the FieldScaper app, I have to copy and paste etc to import. Means more unnecessary duplicate samples on my iPad :/ Quite clunky and my only real gripe with this app...Maybe I’m missing some kind of logic for it to be this way that make some sense? Or I guess the dev just maybe prefers to focus on updating the creative aspects ahead of tackling the practical stuff?

creative and musical over practical any day for me. This an amazing update thank you Dev.

• @Dawdles said:
    Not a big complaint but curious why there’s no internal browser for sample import. I have a FieldScaper folder in Files app but I can’t access Files app folders from inside the FieldScaper app, I have to copy and paste etc to import. Means more unnecessary duplicate samples on my iPad :/ Quite clunky and my only real gripe with this app...Maybe I’m missing some kind of logic for it to be this way that make some sense? Or I guess the dev just maybe prefers to focus on updating the creative aspects ahead of tackling the practical stuff?

On the evidence of this app and the (ever wonderful) SoundScaper I suspect the dev their own vision of what is needed and isn’t really influenced by what the (niche) mainstream may see as practical.

It adds to the appeal for me really ... some devs release stuff and then respond to feedback from the great unwashed in places like this and some just forge their own path.

I have a soft spot for obscure boffinry apps so I welcome any updates and will look forward to fumbling my way around the new features.

• @Dawdles said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@Dawdles said:

creative and musical over practical any day for me. This an amazing update thank you Dev.

Yeh agreed :) But hopefully a browser functionality on par with Spacecraft finds it way in to a future update. So fast to mess with my entire iOS sample library from within Spacecraft. Which makes the browser a creative feature in a way too I guess ;)

browsers are at the bottom of my list when looking for musical apps. If you can record and save files, its good enough for me. This update have convinced me to buy the app purely on what it does with sound. I'm so glad the Dev didn't spend that precious time on file management.

• edited July 2018

@Dawdles said:
    I’m not knocking the app at all. One of my favourites. But the sample import process on this can often be a vibe killer, no question, doesn’t lend itself to quick experimentation/trials with samples in non-FieldScaper folders..Just one of those things.... Ios seems to have turned a corner now though and hopefully no clunk on new apps going forward :)

maybe a lot of people actually use the fieldscaper folders so it is no problem? not a vibe killer at all. As far as clunk I own synthscaper and never had any problems with files.

• edited July 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Dawdles said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@Dawdles said:
    I’m not knocking the app at all. One of my favourites. But the sample import process on this can often be a vibe killer, no question, doesn’t lend itself to quick experimentation/trials with samples in non-FieldScaper folders..Just one of those things.... Ios seems to have turned a corner now though and hopefully no clunk on new apps going forward :)

maybe a lot of people actually use the fieldscaper folders so it is no problem? not a vibe killer at all.

Yeah obviously that would work fine if they have all their samples in their FieldScaper folder.....But I don’t.

Dude is it ok if something doesn’t work for some people quite as well as it does for you? You only just bought the app, I’ve had it and been supporting it a long time. I have a recurrent workflow issue with it but still love it.

I have owned the other app synthscaper as i just mentioned previously so don't assume i havent been supporting this Dev.

I'm saying that you are in the minority when it come to complaining about the browser which is OK but I can also have my say dude.

• edited July 2018

@Dawdles said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@Dawdles said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@Dawdles said:

maybe a lot of people actually use the fieldscaper folders so it is no problem? not a vibe killer at all.

Yeah obviously that would work fine if they have all their samples in their FieldScaper folder.....But I don’t.

Dude is it ok if something doesn’t work for some people quite as well as it does for you? You only just bought the app, I’ve had it and been supporting it a long time. I have a recurrent workflow issue with it but still love it.

I have owned the other app synthscaper as i just mentioned previously so don't assume i havent been supporting this Dev.

I'm saying that you are in the minority when it come to complaining about the browser which is OK but I can also have my say dude.

Didn’t say you hadn’t supported the dev, I said you hadn’t previously supported the app.

Big difference between having your say and trying to impose your opinion/experience on someone else. Nothing you can say will make me not feel like this app would be way faster for experimenting with samples outside of the FieldScaper folder if it had the same browser as Spacecraft. It doesn’t make sense for you to be so pumped to disagree with that tbh...it’s just a fact.

Pumped up? LOL! Are you a Troll?

• It’s clear to me that at @Dawdles really likes being able to access samples within SpaceCraft via the Files app storage option so that all of your samples stay in one location rather than needing to copy them to each individual app where you want to use them. The desktop/laptop OS environments have better ways of dealing with these issues than iOS which is still evolving.

I place the blame for the hodgepodge of sample import methods in music apps on the sandbox origins of iOS and Apple’s failure to adequately address the issue in an expedient way.

• @InfoCheck said:
    It’s clear to me that at @Dawdles really likes being able to access samples within SpaceCraft via the Files app storage option so that all of your samples stay in one location rather than needing to copy them to each individual app where you want to use them. The desktop/laptop OS environments have better ways of dealing with these issues than iOS which is still evolving.

I place the blame for the hodgepodge of sample import methods in music apps on the sandbox origins of iOS and Apple’s failure to adequately address the issue in an expedient way.

Perhaps starting a thread to discuss the benefits of such ideas would be more productive?

• @InfoCheck said:

@InfoCheck said:
    It’s clear to me that at @Dawdles really likes being able to access samples within SpaceCraft via the Files app storage option so that all of your samples stay in one location rather than needing to copy them to each individual app where you want to use them. The desktop/laptop OS environments have better ways of dealing with these issues than iOS which is still evolving.

Perhaps starting a thread to discuss the benefits of such ideas would be more productive?

sure open up a discussion, i'm quite happy with the file saving as it is.

• @Dawdles said:
    Perhaps. But it didn’t really warrant a thread of its own any more than the ‘wish it was AU’ posts did, imho. Was just a casual remark. And centred on fact. Shouldn’t have had to be repeatedly defended/justified resulting in a thread derail..

People don’t always agree on what are significant features in apps and realistically developers have limited resources to devote to features so many users will have strong opinions about them.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@InfoCheck said:

@InfoCheck said:

sure open up a discussion, i'm quite happy with the file saving as it is.

Here’s a thread on the general topic of sample and preset access in apps.
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/27281/central-sample-preset-access-in-apps/p1?new=1

• edited July 2018

@Dawdles said:

@InfoCheck said:

@Dawdles said:
    Perhaps. But it didn’t really warrant a thread of its own any more than the ‘wish it was AU’ posts did, imho. Was just a casual remark. And centred on fact. Shouldn’t have had to be repeatedly defended/justified resulting in a thread derail..

People don’t always agree on what are significant features in apps and realistically developers have limited resources to devote to features so many users will have strong opinions about them.

Yeah, I know what you’re saying :) but some of the counterpoints in this case just felt argumentative and patronising and didn’t even address the same shortcomings I’d mentioned. Felt more like ‘well I don’t care about that so you shouldn’t either’. Which is obviously a pretty irritating attitude and always leads to unnecessary bickering ;)

I see that you have been involved in quite some bickering on this forum already, some of it really nasty so first look at yourself before making such claims.