Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Attention KORG

The user and all related content has been deleted.
Actual Useful Gadget Update
  1. How much would you pay for a Gadget that could host AU46 votes
    1. 14.99
      23.91%
    2. 19.99
      21.74%
    3. 29.99
      21.74%
    4. Whatever it takes
      32.61%

Comments

• Would prefer that the Gadgets were made available as AU for other hosts TBH.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2018
  • @Jocphone said:
    Would prefer that the Gadgets were made available as AU for other hosts TBH.

• @Jocphone said:

+1. I’ve spent enough on Gadget stuff already.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

+1. I’ve spent enough on Gadget stuff already.

Although I'm not desperate for them. Would be nice but I have lots of other stuff to play with.

• I prefer Gadgets stability to be honest. I don`t need an open system.

I can well remember all those troubles with Propellerheads Reason when they opened their system step by step.....always late to the party and what do they have now ? A CPU heavy open system which now offers the same stuff others do. Problem is, others do it better. The once were really ahead of the curve, with rebirth, recycle, rex and all the stuff.

And new competitors arise with a fresh and lean code and good modern ideas, e.g. Bitwig.

So to sum it up, would love to see Gadget remaining a superfast and superfun toy. Not saying theres no room to improve.

• edited July 2018

I prefer Gadgets stability to be honest. I don`t need an open system.
    I agree with the above. The most important thing(s) to me is sound, inspiration, ease-of-use, stability. Open system is way down the list. Having just purchased Stockholm and Gadget for Mac, i'm now very invested and hopeful that all of my criteria are met. After trying it out quite a bit on ios I was sufficiently confident to invest further. Now to get *hit done. I'm very stoked. Rainy saturday ahead ...

• I don't mind if they keep Gadget a closed system that's fair enough, but I think they should update their standalone synths as AU. IAA is not a good way to connect in 2018 and they should keep up with progress.

So I'm less interested in Gadget getting AU but more their synths.

• @Carnbot said:
    I don't mind if they keep Gadget a closed system that's fair enough, but I think they should update their standalone synths as AU. IAA is not a good way to connect in 2018 and they should keep up with progress.

Well said.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Carnbot said:
    I don't mind if they keep Gadget a closed system that's fair enough, but I think they should update their standalone synths as AU. IAA is not a good way to connect in 2018 and they should keep up with progress.

Well said.

Very much this.....Oh and stop having sales that make me want to spend money on stuff I don't want, need, or will never use :D

• DCJDCJ
    edited July 2018

Yeah I’m also on the synths as AU bus. Gadget hosting AUs is going to be problematic for stability which would probably hurt sales and confuse a lot of people who don’t even know what AU is. “Power Users” who want AU already have their favorite DAW for hosting, so I really don’t think it would hurt Gadget sales. Obviously if they don’t have the resources, they don’t have the resources. But it feels like a better move overall.

• Code optimization and then synths as AUs.

• I do wonder if the move to do VST/AU and other Plug-In formats on the desktop was that much extra work?
    (Rather I think it was a 'must' since on the desktop it's next to impossible to sell a 'closed' system)

Since It's based on Juce so to do the iOS AUv3 plug-ins should mean little extra work...

• edited July 2018
  • edited July 2018
  • Not interested at all in Gadget being able to host AUs, it would be just a mediocre DAW.
    I’m interested in the whole app being upgraded to AU, just as Beathawlk did.

• I don't think in theory it's very difficult because most of the synths already are in AU format for Mac so conversion should be fairly straightforward. But it's still will and commitment of course.

• Just give me multiple IAA audio outputs and I’d be happy enough.

Sure, it’d be great to have all the gadgets as AUs, but I feel like that’s not going to happen.

• @mAxjUlien said:

@Samu said:
    I do wonder if the move to do VST/AU and other Plug-In formats on the desktop was that much extra work?
    (Rather I think it was a 'must' since on the desktop it's next to impossible to sell a 'closed' system)

Since It's based on Juce so to do the iOS AUv3 plug-ins should mean little extra work...

If it’s true that it requires little work to update to AUv3 than Korg is chock full of talented assholes.lol. I’m of the mind it’s pretty involved. I gotta give them the benefit of doubt that AUv3 and making Gadget go easy on battery is difficult. Otherwise...wtf?

It’s unlikely the developers are calling the shots. It’s the marketing pukes. For whatever reason, Korg is unwilling to invest any resources into updating / modernizing things on iOS. Can’t blame the grunts doing the programming for that though.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Carnbot said:

Well said.

Very much this.....

Yep, I can see the logic in keeping the Gadget stuff self-contained, but apps like the iMS20 and iPolysix are well overdue an update - either adding Gadget versions or AU.

@AndyPlankton said:

Oh and stop having sales that make me want to spend money on stuff I don't want, need, or will never use :D

Did you get the new Korg Gadget? Still not grabbing me that one..

• And ........ the iOS version can really use this screen as the Mac version..

https://goo.gl/images/ULNkwK

• Yep - the dream is still updates to iPolysix and iMS-20.

The impossible dream is Korg as regular AUv3 - my God what a day that would be.

The Korg apps are still my favorite IAAs but man - if only AUv3

• @mAxjUlien said:

@Jocphone said:

Me too. But I bet they feel like that would defeat why they created Gadget. Atleast this way, they can still cultivate and penetrate DAW market share.

Dito.
    Never came to the idea to host AUs in Gadget :o

But being able load all those Gadgets in other hosts, greatttttt.
    But IAA would be perfectly fine for me!

What you wrote, would just be the next Cubasis, Auria, BM3, nanostudio, Audio Evolution Mobile, you name it.

We have no need for that, IMHO.

• Dammit I just voted in another AB poll and I’m not even a Gadget person!

• AUV3 Everything enable-ability to import AUV3 apps and use gadgets in any other D.A.W. that supports AUV3
    Fix the Midi Files import problem with files being disjointed and arranged top to bottom instead of left to right.
    Or change the sequencer to a traditional linear style
    A real sampler like FL studio Edison with WAVE support

• edited July 2018