Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Affinity Designer for ipad released

1234568»

Comments

• edited July 2019

@ErrkaPetti said:

Now I got curious... What’s the problem with the corner tool?
    I’m now on v1.72.144 (beta) of Affinity Designer on my iPad...

When reducing an object in size that had elements modified with the corner tool, the effect was exaggerated. In this instance, instead of the black keys having slightly round edges, when I reduced their size, the ends ended up looking more rounded, like fingers.

I found a simple solution in the end. Select all those modified elements, and then hit ‘bake corners’ before reducing their size.

This wouldn’t be great for all situations, but in this instance it helped.

• Reading their email and seeing this video is making me anxious!
    I abandoned adobe on my personal machine, and it was one of my best decisions :lol:

But sometimes I still get caught on the muscle memory trying to do things the illustrator + photoshop way :tongue:

• I can’t see them moving to subs - most of their user base abandoned Adobe for that exact reason.

Publisher on iOS would be nice, but the announcement seems like it’s much bigger than that.

The white-out animations make me think it might be something like 3d features for Design, or a freehand vector app perhaps. Something for Motion?! :o

• edited November 2022

Pretty sure it's Publisher.

By the way, I'm glad there's a company like Affinity that has attempted to pick up the ball that Adobe dropped so foolishly, but their Affinity Designer is absolutely maddening to use as a former Illustrator user. Workflow is a horrendous mess with Designer and I really wish someone would create an "Adobe Workflow" plugin for all of the Affinity apps, keeping all of the tools and key commands identical to Adobe's so there would be no re-learning and no collisions with muscle memory (built up over decades). Many attempts to use their inefficient tools and commands have proven painful and prevent me from using their software unless there is no time or alternative to use something else.

• edited November 2022

• Something I cannot understand why we don't have yet with designer is tracing. I use inkscape for that, whenever I need a company logo or something like that and have to convert to a quick and dirty vector :lol:

• @CapnWillie said:

@evenSteven said:
    I can’t see them moving to subs - most of their user base abandoned Adobe for that exact reason.

Publisher on iOS would be nice, but the announcement seems like it’s much bigger than that.

The white-out animations make me think it might be something like 3d features for Design, or a freehand vector app perhaps. Something for Motion?! :o

I agree sub is unlikely. It’s why they became popular. Also agree this seems bigger than just a port. Only mentioned because they’ve been promising the port for ions. I subscribed to be notified about it “coming soon” in the beginning of the pandemic lockdowns years ago.😩

Get iiiiiinnnn!!! Like a previous poster, I've made a point of buying all their software as a way of supporting future development if I am ever able to finally jump ship from Adobe.

• @senhorlampada said:
    Something I cannot understand why we don't have yet with designer is tracing. I use inkscape for that, whenever I need a company logo or something like that and have to convert to a quick and dirty vector :lol:

agreed. especially when when Vectornator. an ios app, has tracing. I usually use vectornator to do vector tracing, and then export it over to affinity designer and use it in there for all my other vector work.

• Hope this big announcement is no subscription :)

It really sounds huge so Publisher on iOS is not the big thing I am sure

• Verrrrry interesting. I’m getting an “integration” vibe — they kept showing the icons for all three of their apps, and the speech starts by mentioning “a more powerful, fluid workflow.”

They’re already pretty good with file compatibility, but I get the feeling they’ve focused on knocking down the few walls that were there. Guess we’ll have to wait five days to find out for sure!

• @jrjulius said:
    Verrrrry interesting. I’m getting an “integration” vibe — they kept showing the icons for all three of their apps, and the speech starts by mentioning “a more powerful, fluid workflow.”

They’re already pretty good with file compatibility, but I get the feeling they’ve focused on knocking down the few walls that were there. Guess we’ll have to wait five days to find out for sure!

Yep, this seems a good bet, like making the different apps behave like different ‘personas’.

• @jrjulius said:
    Verrrrry interesting. I’m getting an “integration” vibe — they kept showing the icons for all three of their apps, and the speech starts by mentioning “a more powerful, fluid workflow.”

You could be right. Might be a unified single platform to switch between functions based on required workflow.

• One thing I want with integration is a common asset library. So I can keep palettes, brushes, etc. in one place :lol:

• They have made subscription free part of the marketing campaign for quite sometime. Still currently listed as an advantage on their site so I doubt they will be changes to a subscription model. Publisher for iPad could be nice, however I would love if you could update to export to an indesign format - that would bd amazing. Currently you can open indesign files and packages just not the other way. I do love that they don’t strip down their apps for iOS unlike adobe.

• @mikewb said:
    They have made subscription free part of the marketing campaign for quite sometime. Still currently listed as an advantage on their site so I doubt they will be changes to a subscription model. Publisher for iPad could be nice, however I would love if you could update to export to an indesign format - that would bd amazing. Currently you can open indesign files and packages just not the other way. I do love that they don’t strip down their apps for iOS unlike adobe.

Are modern Indesign files also based on PDF?

• @NeuM said:

@mikewb said:

Are modern Indesign files also based on PDF?

For print most of the time I am exporting press ready pdf with custom profiles from the press, however when archiving the work or for transferring onto another designer you will create an indesign package that includes fonts, links and the indesign file. Affinity can open indesign files however,indesign can not open affinity files. Of course I’ve been using adobe and indesign so long for book design that it would be hard to switch but I love the portability of the iPad and working directly on screen.

• oh yeah... regarding subscriptions, they wouldn't be crazy. Just see how people got really pissed off with Clip Studio Paint :lol: :tongue: