Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Affinity Designer for ipad released

Comments

• @MonzoPro said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@Seangarland said:
    Looks like today is the last day for the sale.

Yeah, and everybody here that hesitate on buying Affinity Designer, do not!

The combo of both Affinity Photo/Designer on a iPad Pro 12.9” 2017 is awesome in every aspect!
    We members here, with a very long sight back in the past (i’m 55 years old nowadays) still don’t understand the enormous power that we hold in our hands!

Music apps of all kind, powerful graphic apps, we can take photos immediately and edit (and send away as postcard instant), we can make recordings in high quality in the forrest och in the city with now extra hangons...
    The possibilities are endless!!!
    Every single day when I fire up my iPad, it makes me smile and feel soooo good!
    The big problem? Can’t see any significant problem that I’m happy!

+1. I’m the same age, and started out as a designer with letraset and a pot of Cow Gum. Photo editing involved airbrushing an actual photographic print. To have Adobe type power on an iPad, for £14 is just silly. Essential for anyone interested in design and illustration.

• Have been using Affinity Designer for my iPad Pro 12.9” 2017 around 100 hours since release, and, can’t remember when I used a more stable app (or program on my Mac) that has been so unbelievable stable and reliable!

Now I awaiting Affinity Publisher also to our beloved iPads!

• Did another thing...

Combined my love of Midi Designer & Affinity Designer to bring my Circle of Fifths poster design to life with midi! :)

Notes from the Novation Circuit...

• @SpookyZoo you are an impressively obsessive bugger!

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Did another thing...

Combined my love of Midi Designer & Affinity Designer to bring my Circle of Fifths poster design to life with midi! :)

This is absolute magic. :o

• Wow, I love the kerning in Affinity Designer.

• @SpookyZoo I'm so deep in awe :o :o :o

• edited August 2018

I decided to go hardcore with Affinity Designer. It had been a long time I wanted to get into digital painting so I am following a course from Marco Bucci:

He's using photoshop but AD has been super responsive so far, downloaded lots of new brushes and it's awesome on ipad.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@Seangarland said:

The combo of both Affinity Photo/Designer on a iPad Pro 12.9” 2017 is awesome in every aspect!
    We members here, with a very long sight back in the past (i’m 55 years old nowadays) still don’t understand the enormous power that we hold in our hands!

Music apps of all kind, powerful graphic apps, we can take photos immediately and edit (and send away as postcard instant), we can make recordings in high quality in the forrest och in the city with now extra hangons...

+1. I’m the same age, and started out as a designer with letraset and a pot of Cow Gum. Photo editing involved airbrushing an actual photographic print. To have Adobe type power on an iPad, for £14 is just silly. Essential for anyone interested in design and illustration.

One of the things I miss about old style paste up is being constantly stoned while doing it. There would be a pot of Cow Gum open on my desk for small jobs, giving off vapours, and for large sheets we had a booth for Spray Mount-ing. On a busy day the office would resemble a glue-sniffers den, with the designers shuffling back and forth to the booth with stupid grins on their faces. Maybe it could be an IAP?

• @MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@Seangarland said:

One of the things I miss about old style paste up is being constantly stoned while doing it. There would be a pot of Cow Gum open on my desk for small jobs, giving off vapours, and for large sheets we had a booth for Spray Mount-ing. On a busy day the office would resemble a glue-sniffers den, with the designers shuffling back and forth to the booth with stupid grins on their faces. Maybe it could be an IAP?

You should get a job in one of these nail bars. Waited in there an hour and a half for my daughter and was surprised that I could drive home afterwards.

• @Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@Seangarland said:

You should get a job in one of these nail bars. Waited in there an hour and a half for my daughter and was surprised that I could drive home afterwards.

I like the sound of that. Not the sort of thing we have here, it’s more farm suppliers and mobility shops, but I’ll get my nails done next time I’m in a proper town and suss it out as a potential career move.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@Seangarland said:

I like the sound of that. Not the sort of thing we have here, it’s more farm suppliers and mobility shops, but I’ll get my nails done next time I’m in a proper town and suss it out as a potential career move.

Better start saving then..

On the other hand, Nail Bar for Farmers.. :wink:

• @brice said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    Did another thing...

This is absolute magic. :o

@tja said:
    @SpookyZoo I'm so deep in awe :o :o :o

Thanks guys. Glad you like it!

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @SpookyZoo you are an impressively obsessive bugger!

Ha. This is officially now my best ever school report! :)

• @Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@Seangarland said:

Huge. At least a good album title.

• I just wanted to come back to this thread and thank the OP and the others here for recommending this app! I had never heard of Affinity Designer before, as I have no background with graphic design work. I wouldn’t have heard about it were it not for this forum.

After watching some YouTube videos, I decided to take the plunge and buy the iPad app and the Mac version while on sale.

It has improved my life tremendously (while also diminishing my music output)! I’ve been learning how to create the designs, which is something I’ve always wanted to do, but always thought was only for “professionals”. And my 10-year old daughter has been very productive with the Mac program, making tons of emojis and Anime characters.

I’d HIGHLY recommend both if you have interest in graphic design. The app is no longer on sale, but is definitely worth the $19.99 full price. There are LOADS of YouTube tutorials to help get you started, so this program really is for anyone.

Thanks again!

• edited August 2018

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@Seangarland said:

Huge. At least a good album title.

• @Seangarland said:
    I just wanted to come back to this thread and thank the OP and the others here for recommending this app! I had never heard of Affinity Designer before, as I have no background with graphic design work. I wouldn’t have heard about it were it not for this forum.

After watching some YouTube videos, I decided to take the plunge and buy the iPad app and the Mac version while on sale.

It has improved my life tremendously (while also diminishing my music output)! I’ve been learning how to create the designs, which is something I’ve always wanted to do, but always thought was only for “professionals”. And my 10-year old daughter has been very productive with the Mac program, making tons of emojis and Anime characters.

I’d HIGHLY recommend both if you have interest in graphic design. The app is no longer on sale, but is definitely worth the $19.99 full price. There are LOADS of YouTube tutorials to help get you started, so this program really is for anyone.

Thanks again!

@Seangarland - I’m with you there 100% - Affinity Designer is pure addiction!

It can’t do everything Adobe Illustrator does, but, the core function is top notch and the app is really smooth on my iPad Pro!
    The combination of both vector and pixeltools is what stands out... Just like a old classic on Windows; Xara...

The company behind Affinity, Serif Ltd, have a clear roadplan for the future with more function on both Photo app and Designer app, and, most important, also a plan to make Affinity Publisher coming to iPad as well, perhaps next year...

• It all started off with a pen & paper, just trying to do a simple routing map of my hardware setup. Next thing I know I'm spending a bunch of hours making vector diagrams of them! 🥺 #stupidreasonsfornotmakingmusictonight

• @SpookyZoo said:
    It all started off with a pen & paper, just trying to do a simple routing map of my hardware setup. Next thing I know I'm spending a bunch of hours making vector diagrams of them! 🥺 #stupidreasonsfornotmakingmusictonight

Super cool

• @echoopera said:

Super cool

Cheers fella.

Affinity is awesome. I started the Pyramid on the iPad but the Mono Station was more complex so ended up spending 5 hours on the Desktop version! :open_mouth:

• Ended up doing the Circuit & Peak today too...

• Really like this emerging series!!! Good job man !!! 👍🏼😎

• @SpookyZoo said:

@echoopera said:

Super cool

Cheers fella.

Affinity is awesome. I started the Pyramid on the iPad but the Mono Station was more complex so ended up spending 5 hours on the Desktop version! :open_mouth:

Or, why not using the iPad thru Sidecar when running the desktop version of Affinity Designer...

• edited July 2019

@david_2017 said:
    Really like this emerging series!!! Good job man !!! 👍🏼😎

It feels really pleasant to support Serif Inc. with buying every licence to their different apps/programs...
    I have every licence on both Mac & Windows and of course, iPad...
    Now we awaiting the first beta version of Publisher to iPad (coming in october according to some rumours)...

• @david_2017 said:
    Really like this emerging series!!! Good job man !!! 👍🏼😎

Thanks David. Can you guess what is next? :wink:

• @ErrkaPetti said:

Or, why not using the iPad thru Sidecar when running the desktop version of Affinity Designer...

That's interesting. Do you have any links with more info on that? What's the latency like?

• @SpookyZoo said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

That's interesting. Do you have any links with more info on that? What's the latency like?

This is a iPadOS13 features thru MacOS Catalina, both in beta just now...
    With cable connected you almost run the Mac program native on the iPad screen with both pencil and fingers!!
    Over WiFi it's pretty useful also...
    More to come when Apple release this later this fall... But, impressive technology from Apple, ahead of the things that exist today...

• edited July 2019

@ErrkaPetti said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

With cable connected you almost run the Mac program native on the iPad screen with both pencil and fingers!!
    More to come when Apple release this later this fall... But, impressive technology from Apple, ahead of the things that exist today...

Ah, ok. Still on iOS 11, but it does sound cool! I'll definitely have to look into that more when 13 rolls around.

Funny seeing the starting pic of the OB-6 as I've just now finished. Feels like I've been working on it for days since! Think it turned out well. It's been a good exercise in learning how to overcome different obstacles. However, resizing a piece after using the corner-tool has just given me a 90 minute headache with the Keyboard keys here.

Good to be back using Affinity more with these little projects.

• @SpookyZoo said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

Ah, ok. Still on iOS 11, but it does sound cool! I'll definitely have to look into that more when 13 rolls around.

Funny seeing the starting pic of the OB-6 as I've just now finished. Feels like I've been working on it for days since! Think it turned out well. It's been a good exercise in learning how to overcome different obstacles. However, resizing a piece after using the corner-tool has just given me a 90 minute headache with the Keyboard keys here.

Good to be back using Affinity more with these little projects.

Now I got curious... What’s the problem with the corner tool?
    I’m now on v1.72.144 (beta) of Affinity Designer on my iPad...

• I'm definitely going to be using this more in ipadOS 13, it's mainly lack of external storage support which prevents this from being more useful to my workflow :)