Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Affinity Designer for ipad released

Comments

• Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Instabuy!

Thanks for the information

• Affinity are a brilliant company, and the desktop version is superb. Will get this later.

• Bought instantly! Runs so smooth. UI is beautiful. Working my way through all the videos and reading the manual Great pairing with Affinity Photo.

• brilliant company. ive been using it on desktop for a while now. very happy it is now on ipad.

• Yep. Love it. So snappy and fluid.

• no brainier

• Fantastic, I use both Photo & Designer on Mac, PC and now iPad. Affinity is doing a great job releasing capable software at a reasonable price point. Having the full apps on the iPad rather than some watered down ‘mobile’ version is a big win as well.

• Also, all of their apps are on sale as well. Might pickup their desktop apps along with Affinity Designer for iPad and learn some graphic design

• @busker said:
    Fantastic, I use both Photo & Designer on Mac, PC and now iPad. Affinity is doing a great job releasing capable software at a reasonable price point. Having the full apps on the iPad rather than some watered down ‘mobile’ version is a big win as well.

Agreed, having full versions of a desktop software available on ipad is very very useful. i wish some of these DAW’s would do the same.

• Yay, finally! I’m so glad for this music forum, which tells me all about the graphics app releases! 😀

• @girlvsworld said:
    Yay, finally! I’m so glad for this music forum, which tells me all about the graphics app releases! 😀

haha i love that people share that on here. I do a lot of graphic design, so it’s cool to hear of new ios design releases i would ya e otherwise missed. it’s a pretty sweet forum i must say.

• Nothing brings you off the fence about buying Stockholm quicker than Affinity Designer being released on iPad. 😏

• tjatja
    edited July 2018

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Nothing brings you off the fence about buying Stockholm quicker than Affinity Designer being released on iPad. 😏

Yeshhhhh

:) :) :)

• Now with the iPad release i'm more interested in getting both the iOS and Windows version.

At work I use mainly Photoshop + Illustrator
    How do you guys compare them with Affinity Designer? :wink:

• I'm trying to talk myself into this one. Truth is... I don't really draw that much. When I do, I usually go for Procreate (yes, I know it's not vector). For vector stuff, I like Concepts, and Vectornator is cool for basic stuff.

I also jumped on the Affinity Photo ipad release on launch... which I kind of regretted. That apps was not ready for prime time and caused me a great deal of frustration and anger. They finally ironed out all the bugs so that it's my main photo editing app now, but that first few months with it were brutal.

That said, I also have the desktop Affinity apps. It took me a long time to warm up to Affinity Photo to the point that I could switch away from Photoshop. When I got the iPad version of Photo, I was hoping it'd help me break my 20 year Photoshop habit, and switch completely. And, it succeeded in that aspect. I don't think I've even opened Photoshop in over a year now. The Affinity Photo app did help me migrate to Affinity on the desktop as I'd hoped.

So, for those of you who use vector drawing programs professionally... how does Designer compare to Illustrator, Freehand on the desktop... and apps like Concepts and Vectornator Pro on the iPad?

• @senhorlampada said:
    Now with the iPad release i'm more interested in getting both the iOS and Windows version.

At work I use mainly Photoshop + Illustrator
    How do you guys compare them with Affinity Designer? :wink:

Affinity Photo and Designer are probably as close as you’ll get to Adobe, without actually buying Adobe. They’re more Adobe than Adobe Elements.

As a previous 25 year Adobe user I’m more than happy with Affinity, and Publisher will be an instabuy.

• @skiphunt said:
    I'm trying to talk myself into this one. Truth is... I don't really draw that much. When I do, I usually go for Procreate (yes, I know it's not vector). For vector stuff, I like Concepts, and Vectornator is cool for basic stuff.

I like Concepts, but it has one major problem, that brings it into my Archive folder instead:

It cannot export (and import?) PSD files!

(It can do so only with a Adobe Account, which I never ever will have)

That’s so stupid ... no interaction possible with other Apps.

• @tja said:

@skiphunt said:
    I'm trying to talk myself into this one. Truth is... I don't really draw that much. When I do, I usually go for Procreate (yes, I know it's not vector). For vector stuff, I like Concepts, and Vectornator is cool for basic stuff.

I like Concepts, but it has one major problem, that brings it into my Archive folder instead:

I still have an Adobe account and still use Adobe Bridge which is free if you have an Adobe account. Affinity unfortunately doesn't have any way to browse files, etc. like Bridge. Nor, does Affinity have any way to edit EXIF data for images, so I have to use Adobe Bridge for that. I also paid for the Pro version of Concepts back at the beginning, so it actually has all the functionality I need or want at the moment.

The only reason I'd buy Affinity Designer, would be to support the company and possibly inspire me to use their desktop version of Designer more. Other than that... unless it does something in a radically different and better way than any of the other vector drawing apps out there... I can't think of a compelling reason to get it.

Might just wait for some demo videos and reviews first. I think the launch sale goes until July 25th. Though, I bought Affinity Photo at what was supposed to be a launch sale price, and it only went up to the list price for one week about 8 months ago. My sale launch price turned out to actually be the regular price.

Don't get me wrong. I love that company and have almost completely abandoned Adobe as a result, but I haven't seen anything yet with Designer that makes me think it's much different than the other excellent vector programs out there. I could easily be wrong about that... just haven't seen any evidence to the contrary yet.

• Can anyone tell me how well (or not) AD works with the pen on the cheap iPad 2018? I don't have the pen but might get it if it works well. I know it lags a bit compared to the iPad pro.

• I’m sure I’m not alone in saying I’ve waited a long time for this. I’ve had the desktop version for a while, and the sheer convenience of having this available on the iPad is fantastic. I’m looking forward to spending some time with it.

• Thanks for the heads-up. I am a book and print designer (it’s what pays for all these music apps I am constantly buying), reluctantly tied to Adobe CC on the MAC due to print workflow - saw it was available and bought it. The more vector work I can do on my 12.9 Pro the better. Let’s hope Quanta lands in the morning and I will have a weekends worth on noodling.

• @skiphunt said:

@tja said:

@skiphunt said:

I still have an Adobe account and still use Adobe Bridge which is free if you have an Adobe account. Affinity unfortunately doesn't have any way to browse files, etc. like Bridge. Nor, does Affinity have any way to edit EXIF data for images, so I have to use Adobe Bridge for that. I also paid for the Pro version of Concepts back at the beginning, so it actually has all the functionality I need or want at the moment.

The only reason I'd buy Affinity Designer, would be to support the company and possibly inspire me to use their desktop version of Designer more. Other than that... unless it does something in a radically different and better way than any of the other vector drawing apps out there... I can't think of a compelling reason to get it.

Might just wait for some demo videos and reviews first. I think the launch sale goes until July 25th. Though, I bought Affinity Photo at what was supposed to be a launch sale price, and it only went up to the list price for one week about 8 months ago. My sale launch price turned out to actually be the regular price.

Don't get me wrong. I love that company and have almost completely abandoned Adobe as a result, but I haven't seen anything yet with Designer that makes me think it's much different than the other excellent vector programs out there. I could easily be wrong about that... just haven't seen any evidence to the contrary yet.

I think if you don’t draw that much Vectornator or Concepts would be enough for your needs. If you’re an illustrator or designer Affinity offers a little more pro/print tools, like cmyk, pixel layers, more export options, vector brushes, slice export etc etc.

• edited July 2018

@girlvsworld said:

@skiphunt said:

@tja said:

@skiphunt said:

I think if you don’t draw that much Vectornator or Concepts would be enough for your needs. If you’re an illustrator or designer Affinity offers a little more pro/print tools, like cmyk, pixel layers, more export options, vector brushes, slice export etc etc.

I used to use Illustrator and Freehand a lot, but haven't in a long time. I've had Affinity designer for the desktop ever since it launched... and I don't think I've even opened more than about 6 times. Was kind of annoyed that it didn't have a vector trace feature for raster images like Illustrator and Freehand do. I asked Affinity and they just said it's better to just buy another program for vector auto-tracing. Based on their forums... I wasn't the only user who was pretty disappointed in that.

However, like I mentioned before... I didn't really take to Affinity Photo for a long time. I learned how to use it, and saw that in some ways it's actually better than Photoshop... but since I already had so much experience with Photoshop, I got lazy and didn't force myself to use it.

Wasn't until they released the iPad version of Photo (after the bugs were mostly squashed) that I really started getting into Affinity Photo, and now use the desktop version for everything. I've even deleted Photoshop off my machine.

So, that's the only reason I'm thinking of getting Designer for iPad, ie. so that maybe it might help shepherd me into using the desktop version more. I know I don't really need it for my actual vector needs, and that Concepts and Vectornator Pro will do pretty much anything I need/want... but it'd be cool if I could keep all this in the same family for sharing between apps and desktop applications.

If you don't mind, can you tell me a couple cools things or so that Designer does that's better or easier than what I already have? I'd like to get back into some vector stuff soon, and I'm at a place where I could easily start fresh with something new, ie. Designer

• wait what? you can’t export files out of affinity designer without going through adobe cloud? that seems odd, especially since they are competitors

weird

• The speed of instabuy when I saw Affinity Designer for iPad.... well, it may as well have been Nanostudio 2! :)

Big updates for Concepts and Procreate this week too.

Awesome!

• @SpookyZoo said:
    The speed of instabuy when I saw Affinity Designer for iPad.... well, it may as well have been Nanostudio 2! :)

Big updates for Concepts and Procreate this week too.

Awesome!

The Procreate update is a BIG one. So glad the warp tool is in there! Symmetry may be fun too.

• @eross said:
    wait what? you can’t export files out of affinity designer without going through adobe cloud? that seems odd, especially since they are competitors

weird

Haven’t got it yet but you should be able to save to Files, Dropbox etc. as you can with Photo.

• @skiphunt said:

@girlvsworld said:

@skiphunt said:

@tja said:

@skiphunt said:

I used to use Illustrator and Freehand a lot, but haven't in a long time. I've had Affinity designer for the desktop ever since it launched... and I don't think I've even opened more than about 6 times. Was kind of annoyed that it didn't have a vector trace feature for raster images like Illustrator and Freehand do. I asked Affinity and they just said it's better to just buy another program for vector auto-tracing. Based on their forums... I wasn't the only user who was pretty disappointed in that.

However, like I mentioned before... I didn't really take to Affinity Photo for a long time. I learned how to use it, and saw that in some ways it's actually better than Photoshop... but since I already had so much experience with Photoshop, I got lazy and didn't force myself to use it.

Wasn't until they released the iPad version of Photo (after the bugs were mostly squashed) that I really started getting into Affinity Photo, and now use the desktop version for everything. I've even deleted Photoshop off my machine.

So, that's the only reason I'm thinking of getting Designer for iPad, ie. so that maybe it might help shepherd me into using the desktop version more. I know I don't really need it for my actual vector needs, and that Concepts and Vectornator Pro will do pretty much anything I need/want... but it'd be cool if I could keep all this in the same family for sharing between apps and desktop applications.

If you don't mind, can you tell me a couple cools things or so that Designer does that's better or easier than what I already have? I'd like to get back into some vector stuff soon, and I'm at a place where I could easily start fresh with something new, ie. Designer

I’m not sure what you want to use it for, but if you already own it on the desktop why not start a test project there and see if you like it?

• edited July 2018

@girlvsworld said:

@skiphunt said:

@girlvsworld said:

@skiphunt said:

@tja said:

@skiphunt said:

I’m not sure what you want to use it for, but if you already own it on the desktop why not start a test project there and see if you like it?

Yeah, I've done that already twice today after seeing Designer for iPad released. Created a couple different test projects and played around. All pretty much like most other vector apps. Similar in interface and easy to figure out. Runs really smooth and fast. But, nothing really stood out from anything else for me. In that respect I think Concepts is a bit more impressive overall...

So, it might not be for me. Will keep an eye on it though. Thanks

• Wait is over, next Quanta, then Patterning 2, then I can sleep good.