Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Microsoft Surface Go

12346»

Comments

• @MdM said:
    surface book 2 here and the experience is fine. It has the potential but I think maybe ios appeals more to the imagination. It's an eco system still developing. The surface go will be fine for people who naturally limit themselves or who have good methods for keeping systems tidy/bouncing/freezing for space/can make music without excess. There is no reason a windows system cannot over take ios and in that instance IOS could be used to supplement especially where Microsoft con people with the sizes of storage. The surface book 2 was the reason I got round to using my touch screen monitor properly. I use a hanns g and it's very fluid and natural with bitwig especially. Bigwig has a drum container function that plays just as well as you could hope. The surface go won't make a big dent regarding ipads but the price differential will appeal and the ability to run full daws etc will appeal. Connecting ipad to a windows tablet offers a lot of potential.

Am going back and forth but my attraction to ios was the challenge it offered not so much how great it was.

I imagine that if a surface book can run only 16 tracks of Ableton with fx that it would go a loooong way for the average iPad user gets out of most similar type apps.

• @MonzoPro said:
    I want to be able to connect a lead to my iPad and use an external monitor, like I can with my MacBook Pro.

And I’d also like a USB slot so I can transfer files to and from a thumb drive.

Let me do that and I’ll buy another iPad after this one.

You can do the first with an Appletv and the second with one of those lightning usb pendrives. Mine cost me 30€ for 64gb. Not totally straightforward but a change in my workflow. Also for audio duties AudioShare wifi hotspot mode is quite useful when you get the step-by-step workflow too.
    Obviously if Apple includes usb-c all will be more easy but hardly they will implement usb host for more than photo sharing...

• edited September 2018

@Dubbylabby said:

@MonzoPro said:
    I want to be able to connect a lead to my iPad and use an external monitor, like I can with my MacBook Pro.

And I’d also like a USB slot so I can transfer files to and from a thumb drive.

Let me do that and I’ll buy another iPad after this one.

You can do the first with an Appletv and the second with one of those lightning usb pendrives. Mine cost me 30€ for 64gb. Not totally straightforward but a change in my workflow. Also for audio duties AudioShare wifi hotspot mode is quite useful when you get the step-by-step workflow too.
    Obviously if Apple includes usb-c all will be more easy but hardly they will implement usb host for more than photo sharing...

Oh ok, thanks for the info. Didn’t know about the lightning flash drives...pricey though, £45 for 32gb, compared to £10 for USB.

And buying Apple TV costs a tad more than a monitor lead ;)

I want to get away from having to transfer or connect everything via wifi or cloud storage. I miss the good old days, of about two years ago where you just plug in a cable.