Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SpaceCraft Bugs

Comments

• OK, I'll be going to iOS 11 soon so it is not a problem for me.

Thank you for your quick reply.

• @david_2017 thanks man, we're getting there ;)

• App store description is plain wrong.

1) It is NOT possible to record anything. There is no way, not in standalone modus. There is still a need to use iCloud*.

2) It is NOT possible to import samples.

I am disappointed on a very high degree. I can say, this app is completely useless for me. Nice idea, but useless. I am using iOS 10.3.3.**

3) I have downloaded the app yesterday, so the app version should be 1.04 - but within the app i see "1.03"

• I don't want to use iCloud - neverever
    • Update to iOS 11x would not work for me

4) I want my money back

• @Looping_Loddar I'm happy to give you your money back . Your the first person to ask for that so I'll need to look into it. Just to answer your points tho . 1) what you stated is incorrect. You can record audio by using spacecraft as an AU or IAA effect in some host and then placing either the microphone or some oether AUinstrument in the instrument slot of the host. This works on iOS 10. It is not necessary to have iCloud enabled. I state on the app store description and on my website that iOS 10 has limited option with file chooser, however you should have access to at least one folder on your device. 3) you are correct. I forgot to update the number ;)

• edited July 2018

..> @Looping_Loddar said:

4) I want my money back

Simply use the refund procedure . Apple gives you the right to refund in 14 days ;)
    Check also some posts in the forum :)
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/15311/ot-app-refund-enquiry
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/22188/ot-getting-an-appstore-refund

• edited July 2018

@deltaVaudio said:
    @Looping_Loddar I'm happy to give you your money back . Your the first person to ask for that so I'll need to look into it. Just to answer your points tho . 1) what you stated is incorrect. You can record audio by using spacecraft as an AU or IAA effect in some host and then placing either the microphone or some oether AUinstrument in the instrument slot of the host. This works on iOS 10. It is not necessary to have iCloud enabled. I state on the app store description and on my website that iOS 10 has limited option with file chooser, however you should have access to at least one folder on your device. 3) you are correct. I forgot to update the number ;)

We agree to disagree.

a) I think you should mention in the app store description, that - using iOS 10.x - there is no way to record in standalone modus and to to import samples in standalone modus (without iCloud).

b) Sorry, no, using spacecraft in standalone modus i don't have access to at least one folder on my device. I see: "Keine Dokumente. Dokumente in iCloud Drive sind nicht verfügbar, da die Einstellung für iCloud Drive deaktiviert ist." english should be something like: "no documents. Documents in iCloud Drive are not available, because iCloud Drive isn't activated"

c) Which hosts works with Spacecraft and iOS 10.x as AU or interapp audio?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2018

@Looping_Loddar you have a point about the fact that is somebody is on iOS 10 AND only using standalone , then that is the worst combination for getting audio in. I will add that it's not possible to record audio in other than via mic in the standalone. Thanks for your feedback :) people with iOS 10 still manage to load files. I've PM you to find out more if you wouldnt mind

• @deltaVaudio said:
    @Looping_Loddar you have a point about the fact that is somebody is on iOS 10 AND only using standalone , then that is the worst combination for getting audio in. I will add that it's not possible to record audio in other than via mic in the standalone. Thanks for your feedback :) people with iOS 10 still manage to load files. I've PM you to find out more if you wouldnt mind

I don't think it isn't your fault - it could be a result of the JUCE library (which usually is great) in my opinion. It is a good thing that they have enabled the wanted file access functionality for the most users (IOS11).

I would be more happy if would be part of this user group. But sorry, iOS 11 is no option for me - it would brick a lot of apps i use (including Model D) and isn't the best option for Airpad 1 users, imho.

• edited July 2018

@Dawdles said:

@Looping_Loddar said:
    App store description is plain wrong.

1) It is NOT possible to record anything. There is no way, not in standalone modus. There is still a need to use iCloud*.

2) It is NOT possible to import samples.

I am disappointed on a very high degree. I can say, this app is completely useless for me. Nice idea, but useless. I am using iOS 10.3.3.**

3) I have downloaded the app yesterday, so the app version should be 1.04 - but within the app i see "1.03"

• I don't want to use iCloud - neverever
    • Update to iOS 11x would not work for me

4) I want my money back

Jeez. No words... you’re complaining about an app while not even using a recent iOS OS?

Imho IOS 11 is fine for most of the users (including music production software users). It isn't fine for me. And no, i am not irrational or such. Sorry.

• @Looping_Loddar understood, I PMed you

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2018

@Looping_Loddar ,maybe it worth waiting for iOS 12 ,rumors say it will bring some performance back :) (Air2 also suffered on iOS 11)

@deltaVaudio adding AudioShare (some time , no rush , we know you are busy ,some time in the future) ,could be a solution, not only for iOS 10, but because it’s great audiofile holder ,management :heart:

• @david_2017 said:
    @deltaVaudio
    Mark you rock! Thanks for all your work and the presence here, the listening and the dedication to your app!!!
    I love Spacecraft

+99

• edited July 2018

@Looping_Loddar unfortunately you are in the worst possible scenario: iCloud drive is disabled, iOS 10, standalone mode. BUT there is a way to get audio in. Use a host and load SC as an AU or IAA effect. Then in the slot before SC place a file player. You can even do this inside audioshare for example (I'll run you through the steps in a PM if you like). Then in spacecraft press record as if you are recording with the mic.

I should also make a little tutorial video for this particular scenario. So it is possible to get ANyY audio into spacecrat even on your scenario :)

• I'm not seeing SpaceCraft output recognized in AudioBus 'Mixer'. It just does not show as a channel...

• @nerVe for some reason it only shows up if you also put something in the instrument slot (select 'system audio input' for example) :)

• It does not work for me... latest iOS 11.4.1 on a 9.7 iPad Pro with a multichannel audio interface (iD44).

I tried as instrument (input) slot, as effect slot, as instrument (input) slot with additional additional system audio input, as effect slot with a system audio input...nada..

• Note: No signal coming out of the AB Mixer. I can hear it but Ican't control it...I using a multi channel USB audio device...

I did try it without the interface and It works fine with the system output (as you have pictured) but not with a USB audio interface...or at least a multi-channel one...?

• Ah that's good to know. I'll try with my own interface cheers :)

• edited August 2018

:) V

• edited August 2018

@deltaVaudio I have an issue with loading 2 instances of SpaceCraft in AUM (i know this is the AB forum but anhow)
    When i load 2 instances of Spacecraft both instances are crashing see here

• Was twisting the tram announcement voice through spacecraft in a pedestrian area and a rickshaw almost crashed into me at high speed. Has this been fixed in the beta?

• @drWhiet said:
    @deltaVaudio I have an issue with loading 2 instances of SpaceCraft in AUM (i know this is the AB forum but anhow)
    When i load 2 instances of Spacecraft both instances are crashing see here

I launched 2 instances plus the IAA version and got no crash . Must mention that I use the beta version.
    Could you try a soft reset ?
    Air2 iOS 11 latest

• @drWhiet This is likely due to memory constraints due to large amount of data of the source audio held in ram. I thought 2 instances in aum was ok so not sure why this happens on your device. I'm planning on a feature to optionally reduce the duration of the source audio to allow for more instances, but can't do that until state saving goes live !

I have some more memory optimisation to do it seems

• @BlueGreenSpiral I've had several reports of spacecraft users being hit by rickshaws. I'm working on a fix for this in beta where a warning message pops up when spacecraft identifies an incoming rickshaw (or any two or three-wheeled passenger cart).

• @deltaVaudio said:
    @BlueGreenSpiral I've had several reports of spacecraft users being hit by rickshaws. I'm working on a fix for this in beta where a warning message pops up when spacecraft identifies an incoming rickshaw (or any two or three-wheeled passenger cart).

How about some Proton Torpedoes? Those would work great on those crazy rickshaws.

• edited August 2018

@deltaVaudio said:
    @drWhiet This is likely due to memory constraints due to large amount of data of the source audio held in ram. I thought 2 instances in aum was ok so not sure why this happens on your device. I'm planning on a feature to optionally reduce the duration of the source audio to allow for more instances, but can't do that until state saving goes live !

I have some more memory optimisation to do it seems

OK @deltaVaudio - the Specs are a fresh restarted IPAD Pro - so memory should be fine running IOS 11.4.1 BUT i can load 2 instances on my iphone 6S runnung IOS 11.4 (not yet 11.4.1) without any hassle. See attached videos. Video 1: and Video 2:

Any ideas? May it help to delte "some files" from within the AUM or Spacecraft folder on the device, to reset the App without REinstalling it and maybe loosing my presets? or would it be possible to also get the BETA version as @Korakios said it works on his device?