Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget on sale, IAPs as well and a new sampler gadget !

Comments

• @Korakios said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@studs1966 said:
    I wonder why Korg never made Gadget for Windows?....... The user based is bigger..... More Dosh for them....

Maybe piracy reasons...

They could support Win10 only and sell the app from Windows Store . Or using the uncracked CodeMeter solution , (like Reason does)

Your absolutely right.... Or how Captain Chords vst works.... You have to be on there servers to create a project ( I think the PC Game Diablo 3 done this too?)….. LennarDigital "Sylenth1" vst went the the Windows 10 only (64bit only)...

• edited July 2018

@MonzoPro said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Liberating I’m not tempted by the new iOS Gadget, but deeply disturbing I’m now eyeing up the Mac version...

That's their plan this whole time!
    Walk away! Retreat from the edge of the roof!

I’m trying, but I feel like I need some retail therapy after last nights footie disappointment.
    iMono/Poly is waving at me.

Snap :) ... It is waving with all 4 OSC's at once :D

• @MonzoPro said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Liberating I’m not tempted by the new iOS Gadget, but deeply disturbing I’m now eyeing up the Mac version...

I’m trying, but I feel like I need some retail therapy after last nights footie disappointment. If I don’t get the Mac version (I probably won’t, I hate spending money) then the iMono/Poly is waving at me. Only a timely release of Quanta can save me from slipping back into the clutches of Korg...

come on you Qqqqqaaauuunnntttaaaaa!

• @AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@MonzoPro said:

I’m trying, but I feel like I need some retail therapy after last nights footie disappointment.

I’ve just read in another thread someone thinks the sound is disappointing, so that’s taken the heat off that one for a bit. The Mac version is still winking cheekily at me though...

@RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@MonzoPro said:

I’m trying, but I feel like I need some retail therapy after last nights footie disappointment. If I don’t get the Mac version (I probably won’t, I hate spending money) then the iMono/Poly is waving at me. Only a timely release of Quanta can save me from slipping back into the clutches of Korg...

I don’t think I’ve ever been more excited by a synth release as this one. I need to get out more.

• @MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@MonzoPro said:

I’ve just read in another thread someone thinks the sound is disappointing, so that’s taken the heat off that one for a bit. The Mac version is still winking cheekily at me though...

@RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@MonzoPro said:

I don’t think I’ve ever been more excited by a synth release as this one. I need to get out more.

me too, if it wasn’t for all that goddamn sunshine! all those promo videos showing hipsters making music outside on an ipad.. Liars!!! even on highest brightness a human can’t read a screen in this weather...

• @MonzoPro said:

I just read that exact same post... sometimes I hate this decision process :D

• edited July 2018

@RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@MonzoPro said:

me too, if it wasn’t for all that goddamn sunshine! all those promo videos showing hipsters making music outside on an ipad.. Liars!!! even on highest brightness a human can’t read a screen in this weather...

It’s all sheep and cloudy skies here - not a hipster in sight! Sometimes I love living in Wales..

@AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

I saw you replied on that one - saved me the job :)

I think it’s the sale thing, I hate missing out on a ‘bargain’. And I’ve still got Designer to think about.

If Quanta doesn’t drop soon I’m gonna be tempted by all this Korg bling...

• @MonzoPro said:

@RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@MonzoPro said:

It’s all sheep and cloudy skies here - not a hipster in sight! Sometimes I love living in Wales..

@AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

I saw you replied on that one - saved me the job :)

I think it’s the sale thing, I hate missing out on a ‘bargain’. And I’ve still got Designer to think about.

If Quanta doesn’t drop soon I’m gonna be tempted by all this Korg bling...

Yes, Affinity Designer is knocking at my door too, Its actually Affinity Publisher that I need most but that won’t be in beta until august and then god knows how long.. though £13.99 seems like a small price and a good way to encourage them to keep up the fine work..

• @MonzoPro said:
    And I’ve still got Designer to think about.

Yeah I've just been checking that out, I'm a sucker for a decent vector tool ... have most recently been using Inkscape on the PC at work wishing I could do it on the iPad....
    Hmmm...how much dare I spend :D

• @RockySmalls said:

Yes, Affinity Designer is knocking at my door too, Its actually Affinity Publisher that I need most but that won’t be in beta until august and then god knows how long.. though £13.99 seems like a small price and a good way to encourage them to keep up the fine work..

I'm waiting for Publisher too. I've got Designer and Photo on Mac and PC for the day job, and have used Designer for a bit of basic DTP until Publisher pops up.

For the sake of being a completist I'll most probably get Designer for the iPad as well. Not really sure I'll use it though - I've got iOS photo but have never used it, the iPad tends to be music only these days. But...£13.99 to have something almost as good as Illustrator on an iPad is difficult to pass up...

@AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:
    And I’ve still got Designer to think about.

Yeah I've just been checking that out, I'm a sucker for a decent vector tool ... have most recently been using Inkscape on the PC at work wishing I could do it on the iPad....
    Hmmm...how much dare I spend :D

I'd recommend Designer and Photo for desktop, I use them every day. They've got their quirks - some things Adobe still does better - but for the money they're spot on.

• @MonzoPro said:

@RockySmalls said:

I'm waiting for Publisher too. I've got Designer and Photo on Mac and PC for the day job, and have used Designer for a bit of basic DTP until Publisher pops up.

For the sake of being a completist I'll most probably get Designer for the iPad as well. Not really sure I'll use it though - I've got iOS photo but have never used it, the iPad tends to be music only these days. But...£13.99 to have something almost as good as Illustrator on an iPad is difficult to pass up...

i did sleeves and booklet inserts for my last 2 releases on ipad using Affinity photo , the output formatting is great. one was CD, one CD & LP. Designer will fancy up the typography a bit more but is not essential to me (yet).. Publisher on ipad will keep the Surface pro shut tight except for film downloads.. and as for the price? i’ve spent more on posting artwork in a cardboard tube!! and not a subscription plan in sight!! :)

• @RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

@RockySmalls said:

i did sleeves and booklet inserts for my last 2 releases on ipad using Affinity photo , the output formatting is great. one was CD, one CD & LP. Designer will fancy up the typography a bit more but is not essential to me (yet).. Publisher on ipad will keep the Surface pro shut tight except for film downloads.. and as for the price? i’ve spent more on posting artwork in a cardboard tube!! and not a subscription plan in sight!! :)

I know, the prices are silly. I bought Photo and Designer desktop versions for under £20 each at the intro prices a couple of years ago, and they’ve provided free updates ever since. Makes my eyes water to think what I’d have spent on the Adobe alternatives.

I’ll get Designer for iOS later, as you say it’s good to support such a good company.

• @99476598326 said:

The Deemax thing is one overpriced joke.

Would you go into more detail on this?

• Any even publisher is on the way (no iOS though) oh my affinity is on a roll!
    Finally an adobe killer? Hope for a lightroom Alternative still

• @MonzoPro said:

@RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

@RockySmalls said:

I know, the prices are silly. I bought Photo and Designer desktop versions for under £20 each at the intro prices a couple of years ago, and they’ve provided free updates ever since. Makes my eyes water to think what I’d have spent on the Adobe alternatives.

I’ll get Designer for iOS later, as you say it’s good to support such a good company.

You buggers.

I have the Adobe CC thing for work, but have never got round to properly playing with Illustrator and now (in the name of support) you've managed to persuade me I should get into Designer ("You can learn it laying on the couch..." said the voice in my empty head...) :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

@RockySmalls said:

You buggers.

I have the Adobe CC thing for work, but have never got round to properly playing with Illustrator and now (in the name of support) you've managed to persuade me I should get into Designer ("You can learn it laying on the couch..." said the voice in my empty head...) :)

lying down is the new standing up was the new sitting down.
    Destiny thy name is Supine!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

@RockySmalls said:

You buggers.

Should be really good on the big one Boss, particularly with the iPencilthingy

• @MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

@RockySmalls said:

You buggers.

Oh yeah. I'm looking forward to it. Vector is the one type of graphics program I've not really done any proper work with and it's time. If this gets me off and running it will be worth it AND a few folks here (especially you who can be a tough crowd of one :) ) really seem to like Affinity and that's good enough for me...

• edited July 2018

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

@RockySmalls said:

You buggers.

Oh yeah. I'm looking forward to it. Vector is the one type of graphics program I've not really done any proper work with and it's time. If this gets me off and running it will be worth it AND a few folks here (especially you who can be a tough crowd of one :) ) really seem to like Affinity and that's good enough for me...

It actually allows me to earn a living, so I love it even more for that.

First thing I did when I bought Designer was to use it to rebrand an organisation in Cardiff. Logo design, print templates and materials, signage - I even did the corporate guidelines with it. Completed a ton of projects on it since.

I hung on to Photoshop until Photo arrived, but grabbed it when it did. Still bugged by the odd quirk (25 years of PS use gets you a bit stuck in your ways), but it’s used on a daily basis.

Apart from using Acrobat to bore .pdf’s on the PC I’m totally Adobe free now. Total cost for Mac, PC and iOS versions - less than a hundred quid (will be just over when I get the new one)

• Is the iMono/Poly gadget currently included with Gadget or is it an IAP?

• @espiegel123 said:
    Is the iMono/Poly gadget currently included with Gadget or is it an IAP?

It’s a different app, you buy it and have the stand alone. If you have gadget also, it can be implemented then. This is working for wavestation also and I think for module too

• @kgmessier said:

@99476598326 said:

The Deemax thing is one overpriced joke.

Would you go into more detail on this?

I'd also like more detail. Sounds like a Gadgetized version of the "low-end compressor/booster" on the Korg Prologue.

• @espiegel123 said:
    Is the iMono/Poly gadget currently included with Gadget or is it an IAP?

Not a free Gadget. Either IAP or you buy it as a standalone app, after which it will show up in Gadget as Montpelier.

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@GovernorSilver said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@GovernorSilver said:
    I still don't a sampler Gadget. Vancouver might be my first one. Never got into the Rex thing myself, so Stockholm doesn't look like a compelling choice for me.

Vancouver is a "toy" compared to Stockholm.

Stockholm doesn't let you import samples though, right? It's just a REX file player. That's what the other guy said.

Yeah actually Stockholm is more like Abu Dhabi than Vancouver. And to be fair Abu Dhabi is still pretty good. If you already have Rex files, Stockholm is a welcome addition but if you don't and you want to use your own loops, i.e. stuff you've made already, Abu Dhabi is still a valuable gadget.

Will they release Recycle for IOS?

I'll probably get both Abu Dhabi and Vancouver. No Rex files in my collection.

• @GovernorSilver said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@GovernorSilver said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@GovernorSilver said:
    I still don't a sampler Gadget. Vancouver might be my first one. Never got into the Rex thing myself, so Stockholm doesn't look like a compelling choice for me.

Vancouver is a "toy" compared to Stockholm.

Stockholm doesn't let you import samples though, right? It's just a REX file player. That's what the other guy said.

Yeah actually Stockholm is more like Abu Dhabi than Vancouver. And to be fair Abu Dhabi is still pretty good. If you already have Rex files, Stockholm is a welcome addition but if you don't and you want to use your own loops, i.e. stuff you've made already, Abu Dhabi is still a valuable gadget.

Will they release Recycle for IOS?

I'll probably get both Abu Dhabi and Vancouver. No Rex files in my collection.

The thing about Abu Dhabi is you've got to make your loops 2 bars under 10 seconds. Abu Dhabi will auto slice it into 16 even parts. You can move the markers of course.

• Just got the Scarbee piano (Module IAP) and enjoying it very much in Gadget. Definitely a step up from the basic Gadget rhodes.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

‘‘Twas I, and to anyone who already has iMono/Poly, here’s my tour of my own real Mono/Poly when I had it:

See if you can get the iOS emulation to be as aggressively insane and just plain bonkers as I did with my hardware in the later videos in that playlist. Doing those videos gave me temporary tinnitus of those xmod/fm sounds for about a week at bedtime – the iOS one could never do that.

• edited July 2018

@u0421793 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

‘‘Twas I, and to anyone who already has iMono/Poly, here’s my tour of my own real Mono/Poly when I had it:

See if you can get the iOS emulation to be as aggressively insane and just plain bonkers as I did with my hardware in the later videos in that playlist. Doing those videos gave me temporary tinnitus of those xmod/fm sounds for about a week at bedtime – the iOS one could never do that.

Wow! This is the best yt-tutorial for the Mono/Poly i have seen so far. Very useful and well explained!👍
    Thanks a lot for sharing your experience with us Ian @u0421793

• @u0421793 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

Awesome, thanks dude :)
    An tinnitus prevention filter may be a good thing :D

• @u0421793
    Hey mate, love your synth videos. So deep and so much insight.
    Just a serious question because I am dealing with this in a sort of way... your comment about a tinnitus was a joke, right? You cannot develop a tinnitus from playing around with synths?! Thanks.