Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget on sale, IAPs as well and a new sampler gadget !

Comments

• @PhilW said:
    Is £9.99 the sale price on Vancouver, or will there be a reduction?

Second this. It’s 11€ the others are 8€
    Is 11 already the sale?

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I'm disappointed that Korg didn't add any f*ing Files support. If they don't want to add AU support, so be it. Just give me the damn Files support. :lol:

Add me to the list. It's been what like over 1 year since Files.app support was introduced to iOS plus we'll soon get iOS12 and Files.app support is still AWOL.

And why on earth would they add two different export options? (I mean the dropbox & itunes export have all the options needed regarding sample-rate and bit depth but those options are missing for AudioShare export?!).

Oh well, It's Korg... They may listen to what 'we say' but don't give a sh*t or at least that's how it feels...

• It feels like I’ve been waiting for forever for Gadget to go on sale. I’m finally gonna get it this time woohoo! I know realistically it’s not going to tick every box and I technically don’t need it but it’s a new shiny thing for 20 bucks that I’m going to get a fair amount of entertainment out of so why the hell not!

Also thinking about getting one IAP... I’m thinking of getting Vancouver. You guys know I like more cinematic soundscapes and weird sound design bleeps n bloops, would you go with a different Gadget?

• I would normally buy a new Gadget straight away..... but these days are over

• edited July 2018

@studs1966 said:
    I wonder why Korg never made Gadget for Windows?....... The user based is bigger..... More Dosh for them....

I'm actually waiting for this to happen

(I'm currently exploring the Sampler Track in Cubase .. finally and a bit late, I'm so slow)

• @robosardine said:
    I would normally buy a new Gadget straight away..... but these days are over

It is at once disappointing and liberating.

• edited July 2018

@ExAsperis99 said:

@robosardine said:
    I would normally buy a new Gadget straight away..... but these days are over

It is at once disappointing and liberating.

Yeah, I've broken out of that loop too.

Very strange choice to see them update the app with just this one obscure Gadget and no files Support.

Especially as it's been a fair while since the last one.

• Liberating I’m not tempted by the new iOS Gadget, but deeply disturbing I’m now eyeing up the Mac version...

• @Keenan said:
    It feels like I’ve been waiting for forever for Gadget to go on sale. I’m finally gonna get it this time woohoo! I know realistically it’s not going to tick every box and I technically don’t need it but it’s a new shiny thing for 20 bucks that I’m going to get a fair amount of entertainment out of so why the hell not!

Also thinking about getting one IAP... I’m thinking of getting Vancouver. You guys know I like more cinematic soundscapes and weird sound design bleeps n bloops, would you go with a different Gadget?

Vancouver is good for that. Sale is until aug 8, so perhaps first play with Gadget itself and then check some vids os the IAPs.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Liberating I’m not tempted by the new iOS Gadget, but deeply disturbing I’m now eyeing up the Mac version...

That's their plan this whole time!
    Walk away! Retreat from the edge of the roof!

• @R_2 said:

@Keenan said:
    It feels like I’ve been waiting for forever for Gadget to go on sale. I’m finally gonna get it this time woohoo! I know realistically it’s not going to tick every box and I technically don’t need it but it’s a new shiny thing for 20 bucks that I’m going to get a fair amount of entertainment out of so why the hell not!

Vancouver is good for that. Sale is until aug 8, so perhaps first play with Gadget itself and then check some vids os the IAPs.

Thanks R_2, I just watched some of Jakob’s vids and Vancouver looks perfect for creative experimenting. :)
    I’ve been messing with Gadget LE for the last few months so I’m itching to have more than 3 gadgets to play with.

• GET BACK TO THE CHOPPER

• edited July 2018

@papastank said:
    Is imono/poly worth getting? When I first got my iPad, I purchased iwavestation and iM1, but didn’t like them. My favorite iPad synths are Animoog, Zeeon, and mood. Volt and SynthMasterone are pretty swell as well. If imono/poly can is great from an audio/sound design/intuitive, non-frustrating workflow standpoint, I’m going to take advantage of this sale.

iMono/Poly is well worth the monies. If you use gadget a lot, you’ll love it. It’s beautiful, and you can do a lot with it.

• @Samu said:

@rs2000 said:

@Samu said:
    Another 'sample playback gadget'...
    When will we get a proper Sampler Gadget that can actually do audio-sampling & re-sampling??

I guess I'm becoming more and more friends with BM3, biting my way through its "this-is-not-mine" workflow.

True, but what really bites me is that I have to 'tools' but it's a real pita to combine them.
    I prefer the sequencer/piano-roll in Cubasis, like the sampler in BM3 and most of the Gadgets in Gadget.

If Gadget had Files.app support I could easily use it as a 'loop factory' and use 'Export to iTunes' and pick the loops I need using the Files.app/DocumentPicker interfaces in Cubasis & BM3 just like I can access all the BM3 content from Cubasis and Cubasis content from BM3. I prefer to keep the files inside the app that creates them to avoid clutter. Even with basic files.app support in Gadget it would mean that I could easily to drop samples from BM3 or Cubasis straight into Gadget without the need to use a computer or extra apps and without network connection.

Prior to Files.app we had to use AudioShare to manage files...
    (After AudioShare lost it's WebBrowser I've mostly been using Documents from Readdle to download and manage my files, not just audio files).

And yeah, I'm a real nightmare to handle for most developers unless they just choose to ignore me which in turn is their loss :D

I use the hard way to milk what I can from iMS-20. Saving wav files to make loops in cubasis.
    You should really pester Korg a bit about their prehistoric apps 😝

• @Halftone said:

@papastank said:
    Is imono/poly worth getting? When I first got my iPad, I purchased iwavestation and iM1, but didn’t like them. My favorite iPad synths are Animoog, Zeeon, and mood. Volt and SynthMasterone are pretty swell as well. If imono/poly can is great from an audio/sound design/intuitive, non-frustrating workflow standpoint, I’m going to take advantage of this sale.

YES - iMonoPoly is probably my favourite synth on ios! I love it! (and I have all those ones you mentioned above except Mood...)

I second that! iMono/Poly is crazy good!

• @studs1966 said:
    I wonder why Korg never made Gadget for Windows?....... The user based is bigger..... More Dosh for them....

Maybe piracy reasons...

• @GovernorSilver said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@GovernorSilver said:
    I still don't a sampler Gadget. Vancouver might be my first one. Never got into the Rex thing myself, so Stockholm doesn't look like a compelling choice for me.

Vancouver is a "toy" compared to Stockholm.

Stockholm doesn't let you import samples though, right? It's just a REX file player. That's what the other guy said.

Yeah actually Stockholm is more like Abu Dhabi than Vancouver. And to be fair Abu Dhabi is still pretty good. If you already have Rex files, Stockholm is a welcome addition but if you don't and you want to use your own loops, i.e. stuff you've made already, Abu Dhabi is still a valuable gadget.

Will they release Recycle for IOS?

• I have given up hope of ever falling in love with Gadget.

• This definitely feels like a desktop focused move where they had to port it to iOS for the sake of consistency. Seems like a low-stakes testing ground for something bigger. At least, that’s my hope.

First gadget that will escape my ever-nagging completionist syndrome. Turns out Dr. Rex had the prescription all along.

• Man, seems like no love for gadget in here haha, but I don't have it and maybe you all have convinced me to avoid it. I'll spend my 20$ elsewhere

• For $20 Gadget is a huge bargain. It’s a blast and hugely inspiring.
    But the extra gadgets catch up to you. If you can decide which one or two you want, you’re good.

• Korg is a never ending source of disappointment on iOS. Their apps are of high quality sound wise but refuse to adapt to the new standards of iOS music making. They obviously have the people and the technology to move the ball forward but continuously move it backwards. Gadget for me has turned into something that has no real creativity or even intrigue for casual production or serious production. Their other synths like iM1 and odyssey’s are great sounding but only useful as rompler type application. Even then, there are better options for those sounds with lighter cpu and more advanced midi capabilities and auv3. I will continue to ignore their new gadgets and synth apps until they utilize the available technologies. End rant.

• @99476598326 said:
    Korg is a never ending source of disappointment on iOS. Their apps are of high quality sound wise but refuse to adapt to the new standards of iOS music making. They obviously have the people and the technology to move the ball forward but continuously move it backwards. Gadget for me has turned into something that has no real creativity or even intrigue for casual production or serious production. Their other synths like iM1 and odyssey’s are great sounding but only useful as rompler type application. Even then, there are better options for those sounds with lighter cpu and more advanced midi capabilities and auv3. I will continue to ignore their new gadgets and synth apps until they utilize the available technologies. End rant.

I'm going to keep using it as long as it helps me write songs.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@99476598326 said:
    Korg is a never ending source of disappointment on iOS. Their apps are of high quality sound wise but refuse to adapt to the new standards of iOS music making. They obviously have the people and the technology to move the ball forward but continuously move it backwards. Gadget for me has turned into something that has no real creativity or even intrigue for casual production or serious production. Their other synths like iM1 and odyssey’s are great sounding but only useful as rompler type application. Even then, there are better options for those sounds with lighter cpu and more advanced midi capabilities and auv3. I will continue to ignore their new gadgets and synth apps until they utilize the available technologies. End rant.

I'm going to keep using it as long as it helps me write songs.

That’s really the only advantage of Gadget. It makes me focus on writing songs cause there is literally nothing else to do in gadget. Unfortunately everything I write sounds roughly the same with their parameters for editing. The Deemax thing is one overpriced joke.

• Gadget will always be a go to. Pretty much a one stop shop for me and with Vancouver I can stay in the environment for a long time. its also one of the most stable behind beathawk and GarageBand.

I have a feeling a lot of updates are probably waiting on iOS 12 this late in the season.

• @stormywaterz said:
    Gadget will always be a go to. Pretty much a one stop shop for me and with Vancouver I can stay in the environment for a long time. its also one of the most stable behind beathawk and GarageBand.

I have a feeling a lot of updates are probably waiting on iOS 12 this late in the season.

Sell me on Vancouver. Was leaning towards Oddessei , but video demos haven't sold me quite yet.

• Oddessei is great can’t go wrong with both. Vancouver you can layer two samples together and it’s like the GarageBand sampler. Not much for a salesman lol

• edited July 2018

@LucidMusicInc said:

@studs1966 said:

Maybe piracy reasons...

They could support Win10 only and sell the app from Windows Store . Or using the uncracked CodeMeter solution , (like Reason does)

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Liberating I’m not tempted by the new iOS Gadget, but deeply disturbing I’m now eyeing up the Mac version...

That's their plan this whole time!
    Walk away! Retreat from the edge of the roof!

I’m trying, but I feel like I need some retail therapy after last nights footie disappointment. If I don’t get the Mac version (I probably won’t, I hate spending money) then the iMono/Poly is waving at me. Only a timely release of Quanta can save me from slipping back into the clutches of Korg...