Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget: Stockholm by Reason

Comments

• @kinkujin said:

@LeonKowalski said:

@LeonKowalski said:
    I don‘t even know what rex files are. Any explanation that can help me understand if i need it or not? (or, if i want it or not, of course i don‘t NEED it) :)

Okay, another try: Could anyone explain to me what rex files are? And maybe how to make them on iOS?

Because it‘s itching me to buy that Stockholm thing but I have no idea if I could even use it...

Loop files in a proprietary format .rex. Originally from Propellerheads for their Recycle software. Became ubiquitous for awhile. I'm not sure how many people still use them but they are everywhere and there are now editors/players from others besides Propellerheads.

Hope this helps.

You can buy them through Loopmasters. Methinks Korg ought to open up some kind of IAP portal given we've got so many sampling opportunities now. I'm also pretty disappointed we can't load wavs actually.

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@kinkujin said:

@LeonKowalski said:

@LeonKowalski said:
    I don‘t even know what rex files are. Any explanation that can help me understand if i need it or not? (or, if i want it or not, of course i don‘t NEED it) :)

Okay, another try: Could anyone explain to me what rex files are? And maybe how to make them on iOS?

Because it‘s itching me to buy that Stockholm thing but I have no idea if I could even use it...

Loop files in a proprietary format .rex. Originally from Propellerheads for their Recycle software. Became ubiquitous for awhile. I'm not sure how many people still use them but they are everywhere and there are now editors/players from others besides Propellerheads.

Hope this helps.

You can buy them through Loopmasters. Methinks Korg ought to open up some kind of IAP portal given we've got so many sampling opportunities now. I'm also pretty disappointed we can't load wavs actually.

Yeah, that seems like a weird choice.

• edited July 2018

You know that feeling you have when you are on a rooftop, and you go to the edge, and you have that moment — what if I jump?
    Of course you won't. Of course not. But there is that fluttery hesitation, and you wonder, really: What if I jump?

That's how I feel about buying Stockholm.

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    That was improved a couple of updates ago.

@RajahP said:
    Not that I have noticed..

Thanks...this was one of the annoying things that made me uninstall Gadget a while back.

Still fixed @ 44.1 Khz 16 Bit audio export ?

We've got 24 bit now

Ahh I see, if you select anything other than Audiocopy or Audioshare for the export you have the options for the format, nice :)

Are there audio settings for the project itself anywhere ? The another problem I had previously was when using my Line 6 Amplifi it is fixed at 48Khz when using USB and would not work with Gadget....to make it work I had to use Bluetooth instead of USB, and then get a little latency :|

I can also see MIDI learn for the transport too....Is the mixer now controllable via MIDI ? Does it now work with a NanoKontrol 2 ?

• So, being a Gadget Junkie I got this Stockholm thing and well.
    At least it should allow us to load *.wav's using DocumentPicker/FIles.app and save them as *.rx2 or what ever the default preset-extension in Gadget is...

Second, my guess was that 'Europa by Reason' would be the next Gadget in the form of a stand-alone app with AUv3 and a Gadget but nah, maybe in 6-12 months or so.(Considering it's already a 'webbrowser-synth' it can't be that demanding on the CPU).

Then again if Gadget ever goes AUv3 on iOS (on the desktop AudioUnit support is already in place) we have a load of goodies in place but every new Gadget will just postpone that...

The heat in Sweden is driving me nuts, just got back from Finland where it was more comfortable 20-22 degrees, now it's *ell on earth, dry and 28+ outside...(I could take the 'heat' a lot better if there was a bit more humidity in the air).

• edited July 2018

@sch said:

@RajahP said:

@sch said:
    Aw man, if this is how Reason becomes an iOS presence, I'm bummed. Even if they port all of the modules into Gadget, we still have to work with that non-intuitive, non-linear POS sequencer!

It’s really tedious working in Gadget... but it does have the best midi recorder around...

Nope, that honour still belongs to Nanostudio... eagerly awaiting NS2!

Can Nanostudio record one track and progress to the other, export to Ableton Live (audio and midi)?

Edit... Export to Ableton Live 'format'... One can always use those file in other programs.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    You know that feeling you have when you are on a rooftop, and you go to the edge, and you have that moment — what if I jump?
    Of course you won't. Of course not. But there is that fluttery hesitation, and you wonder, really: What if I jump?

Exactly that feeling here too. I have a fear of heights so my body is trying to make me jump even though my head knows I shouldn't :D

• @RajahP said:
    Can Nanostudio record one track and progress to the other, export to Ableton Live (audio and midi)?

No, but I was referring to the MIDI note editing which was pioneered by NS and promptly copied by BM2 when it came out.

• edited July 2018

@AndyPlankton said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@RajahP said:

Thanks...this was one of the annoying things that made me uninstall Gadget a while back.

We've got 24 bit now

Ahh I see, if you select anything other than Audiocopy or Audioshare for the export you have the options for the format, nice :)

Are there audio settings for the project itself anywhere ? The another problem I had previously was when using my Line 6 Amplifi it is fixed at 48Khz when using USB and would not work with Gadget....to make it work I had to use Bluetooth instead of USB, and then get a little latency :|

I can also see MIDI learn for the transport too....Is the mixer now controllable via MIDI ? Does it now work with a NanoKontrol 2 ?

You can get it to play/pause/stop/record and loop. You can't do anything in terms of cycling through the scenes. Supposedly you can with Nanokontrol Studio. Maybe if you ported Gadget through Audiobus you might solve the audio problem. I have no idea what the problem you are describing is though.

The exporting options have also been increased up to 96 K which is completely whacko.

@ExAsperis99 just jump already ;)

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@RajahP said:

We've got 24 bit now

You can get it to play/pause/stop/record and loop. You can't do anything in terms of cycling through the scenes. Supposedly you can with Nanokontrol Studio. Maybe if you ported Gadget through Audiobus you might solve the audio problem. I have no idea what the problem you are describing is though.

play, pause etc..is much better than what I had before :) Mixer levels/pan using NanoKontrol 2 ?

The problem I have (had) with the audio is the input format, the hardware device (USB Guitar amp emulator) outputs at 48Khz, when recording this into Gadget it gets all messed up because Gadget wants 44.1 Khz and not 48 Khz. (Or at least it did last time I tried). I'm wondering if this is now fixed because of the higher sample rate output formats that are now available, or if Gadget is up scaling any recorded audio to those higher formats when exporting.

Going through another app may help the issue, there are a few 'workable' options but the extra setup would make me not bother, and therefore not bother with the bass and guitar. And that would lead to me abandoning Gadget once more :(

• @ExAsperis99 said:

If you’re a regular Gadget user, and have a load of Rex files (and/or Reason DAW) then I reckon it’s worth getting.

If I had an iPad that could run Gadget better than this one, I’d use it more and be tempted. But there’s always that voice in the back of my head reminding me that desktop users are getting it for free...

• @Korakios said:
    Is there a list with all IAPs and their price?

All prices are here, and the sale is looooooong enough to buy them all :)
    https://www.korg.com/us/news/2018/071102/

• @MonzoPro said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

If you’re a regular Gadget user, and have a load of Rex files (and/or Reason DAW) then I reckon it’s worth getting.

If I had an iPad that could run Gadget better than this one, I’d use it more and be tempted. But there’s always that voice in the back of my head reminding me that desktop users are getting it for free...

Exactly. I have all the IAP gadgets I think I want (no Kamata, no Madrid, no Darwin, no DeeMaxx). But I definitely just idly did the math...if I were to get the desktop, um.... Nah.

Also, I'm not a Reason user and have never even encountered a Rex file. Not jumping into another proprietary format just as everything else is opening up in iOS-Land.

Stockholm might actually cure my of my Gadget reflex buying....

• edited July 2018

@MonzoPro said:
    But there’s always that voice in the back of my head reminding me that desktop users are getting it for free...

Yes, and thank you for reminding me. I brought this up with them the last time around, they agreed with me that you actually pay more if you are an iOS user, and that they would look at what could be done. Being as they never got back to me after that.....and that this is now IAP I guess they decided FU to me.

If all other issues/niggles I was having with Gadget were resolved then I would maybe consider it just this last time.....some of those things have been addressed by the looks of it, but some other ones have not.

I may like the idea of, but don't need, REX and I don't need Gadget, so for now I am still on the FU side to them too :)

• You don’t get me this time, Korg... oh no you don’t...

• edited July 2018

@ExAsperis99 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Exactly. I have all the IAP gadgets I think I want (no Kamata, no Madrid, no Darwin, no DeeMaxx). But I definitely just idly did the math...if I were to get the desktop, um.... Nah.

Also, I'm not a Reason user and have never even encountered a Rex file. Not jumping into another proprietary format just as everything else is opening up in iOS-Land.

I managed to wean myself off it last year, apart from a blip with Vancouver (which I’ve never used). Before then I instantly bought everything they released. A struggling iPad and the wonderfulness of the AUM/AU stuff cured me...along with the realisation of what I’d spent on Gadget stuff...

@AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:
    But there’s always that voice in the back of my head reminding me that desktop users are getting it for free...

Yes, and thank you for reminding me. I brought this up with them the last time around, they agreed with me that you actually pay more if you are an iOS user, and that they would look at what could be done. Being as they never got back to me after that.....and that this is now IAP I guess they decided FU to me.

If all other issues/niggles I was having with Gadget were resolved then I would maybe consider it just this last time.....some of those things have been addressed by the looks of it, but some other ones have not.

I may like the idea of, but don't need, REX and I don't need Gadget, so for now I am still on the FU side to them too :)

When you consider you can get the whole bundle on desktop for £112 at the moment - and the new one is thrown in for free, it’s a real two fingers up to iOS users. It’s taking the piss really, considering what we’ve paid already.

• @MonzoPro said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

I managed to wean myself off it last year, apart from a blip with Vancouver (which I’ve never used). Before then I instantly bought everything they released. A struggling iPad and the wonderfulness of the AUM/AU stuff cured me...along with the realisation of what I’d spent on Gadget stuff...

@AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

When you consider you can get the whole bundle on desktop for £112 at the moment - and the new one is thrown in for free, it’s a real two fingers up to iOS users. It’s taking the piss really, considering what we’ve paid already.

Exactly, and what makes it worse....they agreed with me. :|

• edited July 2018

Gah... vancouver... If only there were files support and no inane sample length limit. Could have been good.

Montpelier... Nice. Never thought I would get an old fart emulation again but this one holds up and clearly must have been used by bands that formed my tastes.

Lisbon... Well I have Synthmaster One in Cubasis with Rozeta so.. No more Lisbon and unless Files and a cool Kaoss thing happen, likely not much Gadget in my future. (FLW)

• @AudioGus said:
    Montpelier... Nice. Never thought I would get an old fart emulation again but this one holds up and clearly must have been used by bands that formed my tastes.

IF I were to get anything in the sales then this would be it. that's a BIG if though.

• I've been playing with Stockholm a bit and apart from a bit of negative initial approach it's quite fun to play with :)
    (Need to have new iOS toys to play with in the heat, that's my excuse this time).

Sure, we do not yet have any tools on iOS to create *.rx2 files.
    Now imagine if AudioShare could take a folder of files and merge them into a REX-File?

The content from AudioCopy is 'Acidiced WAVs' and thus partially 'REX-Ready' but can't be imported as 'REX'.
    (I have more sound packs in AudioCopy than I dare to admit).

And we still can't select 24-bit when exporting to AudioShare...
    (This would be a 'non issues' if Gadget had Files.app support since Gadget already export to iTunes which in practice is the 'Files.app' when enabled).

Hopefully the collaboration with the Propellerheads will lead to 'Europa for iOS' with an AUv3 and a Gadget.
    Then we'd have a well featured 'sample player' for Gadget and well others iOS hosts too :)
    (Synthmaster One needs some competition hehe).

• edited July 2018

@AndyPlankton said:

@AudioGus said:

IF I were to get anything in the sales then this would be it. that's a BIG if though.

It served me well for a bit but all iOS pennies are now going to go to Synthmaster One packs and the occasional under 10$ AUV3 toy.

• Reason User since 2001. Played for 5 minutes with the Stockholm. Actually this thing is better implemented in Gadgets sequencer than Octo Rex in Reasons Sequencer. So much fun ! Instant Chemical Brothers or Classic DnB Stuff within seconds.

• edited July 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mAxjUlien said:
    @AudioGus said:

It served me well for a bit but all iOS pennies are now going to go to Synthmaster One packs and the occasional under 10$ AUV3 toy.

Former Gadget lover. Now that I got the hang of B3 and AU instruments like Zeeon, SM1, Volt, S1, Soul Keys have surpassed what Gadget suite offers (not close)....I have no problem ignoring Korg until it’s updated to include Files, AU.

... and sampling/recording/editing from within those gadgets.
    Being dependent on a Win/Mac machine defeats the idea of using Gadget as a standalone composer.
    Although I prefer the workflow and MIDI-Syncability of Gadget, in terms of sampling, slicing and sample mapping, Beatmaker 3 is still the best.

• edited July 2018

Can anybody please tell me how to keep a loop playing without writing it into the track? If there was a hold function in the keyboard options that would do the trick but there isn’t. How do I trigger a loop and keep it playing until triggering the next one? There should be a latch mode.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @MAtrixplan said:

@Korakios said:
    Is there a list with all IAPs and their price?

All prices are here, and the sale is looooooong enough to buy them all :)
    https://www.korg.com/us/news/2018/071102/

Thanks man :)

• I think Korg is teetering on a precarious precipous for iOS music making.

1 direction, and they can virtually dominate if several steps are taken. True Audio edit, Grid launch, AU fx, etc.

The other direction, they come off as corporate pigs looking to consolidate Reason customer rolls and purely put numbers on the board(sales).

Judging by the ill fated launch for this, they need to slow their roll and potentially tell users the direction or start getting and listening to feedback.

Korg with Gadget and iOS seems to subscribe to the we know best for your needs adage.

Which is starting to rub me the wrong way no matter how much I like Gadget.

I mean, I don't think I ever saw a rep post anything on this forum about the product.

What happened to the one developer who left Korg, where did he go? (company?)

We shall see.

• edited July 2018

@rs2000 said:

@mAxjUlien said:
    @AudioGus said:

Former Gadget lover. Now that I got the hang of B3 and AU instruments like Zeeon, SM1, Volt, S1, Soul Keys have surpassed what Gadget suite offers (not close)....I have no problem ignoring Korg until it’s updated to include Files, AU.

... and sampling/recording/editing from within those gadgets.
    Being dependent on a Win/Mac machine defeats the idea of using Gadget as a standalone composer.
    Although I prefer the workflow and MIDI-Syncability of Gadget, in terms of sampling, slicing and sample mapping, Beatmaker 3 is still the best.

I Ditto these sentiments, I used to use Gadget a lot now I use Cubasis, Beathawk and AUV3 plugins.
    KORG needs to fix the Midi import problem in Gadget
    Midi files when imported gets disjointed and arranged top to bottom instead of left to right linearly.
    Gadget needs a REAL WAVE sampler, sample editor. ability to sample and re-sample and edit those samples from Gadgets within the app
    Gadget needs AUV3 plugin support "Desperately", allow users to use gadgets anywhere AUV3 is supported
    Korg should have got a version of FL Studio Edison with drag and drop to and from Bilbao or the other sampler.
    This could have been a great update, I guess it is if you use reason.........No WAVE support? KORG?

• Korg needs to embrace AUv3 or it will get marginalised in the future - end of story.