Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget: Stockholm by Reason

Comments

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Korg Summer sale started today for Gadget aswell, Apps 50% off Gadgets up to 33% and talking high end Prologue synth got a update for its librarian software.

Might have to spend my money on iMonopoly instead of this then

Summer saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalleeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :o

• Can import RX or RX2 anyone else try ?

• gadget... groan.
    exclusivity
    sooo 2015

• How do you actually use it? I can make sounds banging on the slices. But I can’t record anything into the timeline. If I draw notes in, nothing plays in Stockholm, but other gadgets play the notes.

What am I missing?

• @AndyPlankton said:

My initial thought too, but without an iOS method for creating REX it is limited to purchased loops for iOS and non Reason users.... unless ....... iRecycle ?

It's a bit of a weird thing to do, to be honest. Most desktop Gadget owners will be using it via a DAW, and those using Rex files will most likely be hosting Gadget via Reason. And if they're doing that, they'll already have the Dr Rex player.

I can see it helps iOS users play Rex files if they want to, but it doesn't really create a proper connection between Reason and iOS.

Odd.

• I wonder if there is a reason why ‘Files’ hasn’t been added and if for some reason it won’t be and that pun was completely unintentional but I stand by it.

• So is this Korg giving a big old middle finger to AUV3 proponents or do you think they will pretty much hold off on that until there is no way to participate in the market without having AUV3 integration?

• Anyone else got Stockholm syndrome?
    I do wish they would update their terrible preset management and there seems still no double tap to default in some (or all?) of their synths.
    I wished Korg would learn from PH how to make a usable multi-touch GUI (Thor is really great here).
    Still i sometimes think about to grab the mac version on a sale (like now) but then they are still can´t create a proper GUI for their other plug-ins.
    Not sure why but Korg is failing for me on iOS and mac so far :/

• @MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

My initial thought too, but without an iOS method for creating REX it is limited to purchased loops for iOS and non Reason users.... unless ....... iRecycle ?

It's a bit of a weird thing to do, to be honest. Most desktop Gadget owners will be using it via a DAW, and those using Rex files will most likely be hosting Gadget via Reason. And if they're doing that, they'll already have the Dr Rex player.

I can see it helps iOS users play Rex files if they want to, but it doesn't really create a proper connection between Reason and iOS.

Odd.

Ahh ok, not being a desktop user I didn't know this, and makes perfect sense now you've said it...It does seem strange then...if it is purely to have a REX player on iOS then an AUv3 would have made much more sense....I'm struggling to see what Prop'Heads are getting out of the deal

• What a day!

First Korg Gadget Stockholm, then release of Affinity Designer for iPad (been in betamode last two years!), and then update to my Sonos-system: AIRPLAY2-support!!!

See you in a week ;-)

• edited July 2018

Could this also be a trial balloon, to see how this launch goes and to see if more investment together is worth it to Korg? I got Reason around the same time I had gotten into ios on ipad. Now I'm spending all of my time in ios. I'm wondering if Propellheads are seeing users like me and seeing the writing on the wall, hence this partnership with Korg. Just thinking...

And, for me, the excitement is really happening on the ios platform.

• @ErrkaPetti said:
    release of Affinity Designer for iPad

Argh!!!! Didn’t know about that one - off to investigate now!

• edited July 2018

@ErrkaPetti said:
    What a day!

First Korg Gadget Stockholm, then release of Affinity Designer for iPad (been in betamode last two years!), and then update to my Sonos-system: AIRPLAY2-support!!!

See you in a week ;-)

...and, voila, also release of Procreate 4.1 today - massive update with very powerful tools!!

• @kinkujin said:
    Gosh...these sales kills me. I've been thinking about the mac version. sigh.

I only have Gadget ios with no IAPs. Any suggestions for the best instruments/fx that are on sale now?

Depends on what sort of music you're composing. I use the following gadgets a lot when I write my stuff (mostly house, trance, EDM, etc):

• Lisbon and Montpellier (iMono/Poly) excellent for deep-house and trance.
    • Vancouver for single hits and for single wave-cycle samples.
    • Abu-Dhabi for breakbeat and beat-slicing... but maybe this new Stockholm gadget might be better?
    • Kamata for incidental bleeps or with a narrow-peak low-pass filter for gritty bass.
  • edited July 2018

Korg Gadget may not float everyone’s boat but personally it works for me. It has come a long way from when it first came out. The addition of quality new Gadgets. It becoming universal as well as being ported to Mac. It’s ability to open/save projects via iCloud between iPhones iPads and Mac etc. Lack of iOS AU support does not bother me because I can get a lot done with what is included or bought on as extra. Also there is no need for loading time loading AU’s. I don’t think there is any perfect iOS Daw or desktop Daw just ones that work for different people in different ways. I’m happy with any new Gadgets or updates to Gadget and glad it is a success and therefore not abandon ware like other iOS music apps. Just my 2 cents. Also who knows what the future holds for Gadget in terms of updates. As long as it works I’m good.

• Aw man, if this is how Reason becomes an iOS presence, I'm bummed. Even if they port all of the modules into Gadget, we still have to work with that non-intuitive, non-linear POS sequencer!

• @sch said:
    Aw man, if this is how Reason becomes an iOS presence, I'm bummed. Even if they port all of the modules into Gadget, we still have to work with that non-intuitive, non-linear POS sequencer!

It’s really tedious working in Gadget... but it does have the best midi recorder around...

• @ErrkaPetti said:
    What a day!

See you in a week ;-)

wait!! what? affinity designer is out.... didn’t get the memo on that one.. too busy waiting for Quanta and pondering how such a nice looking gadget as Stockholm has zero magnetic pull on my appstore credit... thanks for the heads up Errka

• @sch said:
    Aw man, if this is how Reason becomes an iOS presence, I'm bummed. Even if they port all of the modules into Gadget, we still have to work with that non-intuitive, non-linear POS sequencer!

I find it really helpful just to create my patterns in gadget then export them to GarageBand or bm3 for finishing.

• @dedko said:

@kinkujin said:

I only have Gadget ios with no IAPs. Any suggestions for the best instruments/fx that are on sale now?

Depends on what sort of music you're composing. I use the following gadgets a lot when I write my stuff (mostly house, trance, EDM, etc):

• Abu-Dhabi for breakbeat and beat-slicing... but maybe this new Stockholm gadget might be better?
    • Kamata for incidental bleeps or with a narrow-peak low-pass filter for gritty bass.

Thanks Dedko!

• @RajahP said:

@sch said:

It’s really tedious working in Gadget... but it does have the best midi recorder around...

Does it still miss recording the first beat of a bar ?

• @RajahP said:

@sch said:

Nope, that honour still belongs to Nanostudio... eagerly awaiting NS2!

@stormywaterz said:

@sch said:

I find it really helpful just to create my patterns in gadget then export them to GarageBand or bm3 for finishing.

And in a nutshell, this is exactly what is wrong with iOS right now. No one app can satisfy so many people here.

• To the average mongrel (self) I'm still not quite clear on what Stockholm offers us as regards making music/writing songs that's not already in the suite. Longer samples? Anything else specifically?

• @kinkujin said:

@dedko said:

@kinkujin said:

Thanks Dedko!

If your into more 'real' instruments then Gladstone for Drums and Madrid for Bass are hard to beat, since I stopped using Gadget, these are the two that I miss, although I did sample some Gladstone and made a kit with it on my Circuit, and Electribe ;)
    As I already own them, I cannot say if they are on sale with everything else though.

• edited July 2018

@AndyPlankton said:

@RajahP said:

@sch said:

That was improved a couple of updates ago.

What disappoints me about this update are threefold:

The audio selector in Zurich doesn't have a search feature but the sample selectors in the other gadgets (Bilbao, Vancouver, etc) do. So inconsistent.

The project selector is a tiny little nothing window. I have probably more than one hundred project files that I haven't bothered to manage because of the embarrassingly miniscule project window.

The sequencer, I disagree with @RajahP for the most part with one caveat, the loop top section of the sequencer is indeed a shit show with a dozen different functions crammed into the space of less than a few milimeters. Gadget for Mac solved that problem a year ago. Get rid of all that clutter up there @Korg.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@RajahP said:

@sch said:

Not that I have noticed..

• @LeonKowalski said:
    I don‘t even know what rex files are. Any explanation that can help me understand if i need it or not? (or, if i want it or not, of course i don‘t NEED it) :)

Okay, another try: Could anyone explain to me what rex files are? And maybe how to make them on iOS?

Because it‘s itching me to buy that Stockholm thing but I have no idea if I could even use it...

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@RajahP said:

Thanks...this was one of the annoying things that made me uninstall Gadget a while back.

Still fixed @ 44.1 Khz 16 Bit audio export ?

• edited July 2018

@LeonKowalski said:

@LeonKowalski said:
    I don‘t even know what rex files are. Any explanation that can help me understand if i need it or not? (or, if i want it or not, of course i don‘t NEED it) :)

Okay, another try: Could anyone explain to me what rex files are? And maybe how to make them on iOS?

Because it‘s itching me to buy that Stockholm thing but I have no idea if I could even use it...

Loop files in a proprietary format .rex. Originally from Propellerheads for their Recycle software. Became ubiquitous for awhile. I'm not sure how many people still use them but they are everywhere and there are now editors/players from others besides Propellerheads.

Hope this helps.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@RajahP said:

Thanks...this was one of the annoying things that made me uninstall Gadget a while back.

Still fixed @ 44.1 Khz 16 Bit audio export ?

We've got 24 bit now