Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget: Stockholm by Reason

Comments

• edited July 2018

There doesn't seem to be a way to just have the loop playing without writing it into the track. Weird. Surely I'm missing something here. In reason you can just press play in Dr. Rex.

• @AndyPlankton said:
    This would be more interesting to me if it was able to make rex files from wav's...I guess that's one of those 'pro' features prop's are retaining for the desktop.

You can do that in Reason :) catch my drift?

• Well try to download it and purchase failed, obviously the App Store Gadget server is busy !

• @o_imseng said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    This would be more interesting to me if it was able to make rex files from wav's...I guess that's one of those 'pro' features prop's are retaining for the desktop.

You can do that in Reason :) catch my drift?

Is there a free version of reason that lets you do this ?

• Korg Summer sale started today for Gadget aswell, Apps 50% off Gadgets up to 33% and talking high end Prologue synth got a update for its librarian software.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Korg Summer sale started today for Gadget aswell, Apps 50% off Gadgets up to 33% and talking high end Prologue synth got a update for its librarian software.

Might have to spend my money on iMonopoly instead of this then

• Is there a list with all IAPs and their price?

• edited July 2018

@yonhorizon said:

@PhilW said:
    I can see that Propellerhead making Gadgets is big news, but a Rex player for people who don’t already have a big Rex library, and no way of importing other files, is pretty useless.

You can turn any wav to rex in reason.

But I don’t have Reason and really only use my iPad for music and not a desktop machine. I’d be much more interested in bringing a synth like Europa to ios, although Synthmaster One has a lot of the attributes of that and it’s AUv3 already. So I am happy with the tools that I have (will still be getting Quanta though!).

• Why not a standalone AUv3? A wasted opportunity.

• edited July 2018

If you can’t make your own Rex files without Reason, it’s an interesting Gadget but a bit limited for non Reason users like myself.

• @j_liljedahl any plans/possibility for Audioshare to gain the ability to preview Rex files?

I have a ton in Audioshare and importing into Gadget blind is a bit....well....uninspiring...and tedious...albeit happy accident prone

Thanks,
    G.

• R_2R_2
    edited July 2018

http://cdn.korg.com/jp/products/upload/1fc9cd908eabad8fd3cd49da3ea5529f_pc.png

That’s some ultra thin Swedish wood used for the side panels :)

Rex files are easy to find (paid and free).
    Here’s a great source for breakbeats (Rex & wav)
    https://rhythm-lab.com/breakbeats/

The amp and filter env is something I missed in Abu Dhabi. So I really appreciate Stockholm and see myself building up a track by using a few next to each other in Gadget.

• Ok, speaking of Gadget, what am I missing re: latency? Is there some setting I need to change?

• @kinkujin said:
    Ok, speaking of Gadget, what am I missing re: latency? Is there some setting I need to change?

Find Gadget in your Main iOS settings....you will find latency there.

If you open settings in the Gadget app (cog wheel icon), there is a shortcut on the menu to the iOS settings....'Other Settings'

• edited July 2018

Thanks Andy! I could not load the manual for some reason. Big help!

• @kinkujin said:
    Thanks Andy! I could not load the manual for some reason. Big help!

:) yw

• @Jumpercollins said:
    @VerbaLee Great scoop by the way !

@Jumpercollins Thanks. Yeah I was working on something in Gadget for Mac and the update window popped up. I don’t have many Rex files but after messing around with the way you can switch/automate the loop bouncing between 8 different loops in this Gadget i want more.

• The Mac update is free/included if you have the Mac version of Gadget. They are staying true to the all included bundle pricing for Mac. iOS is $9.99 for Stockholm.

• It's the same price as ReSlice then?

I've had a little play with the Mac version (importing an .rx2 file and dinking around a bit) and actually, first impressions - this is great. Top stuff within the closed box. I'm sure lots of Gadget lovers will be inspired if they do dig in. Making rex loops is the problem...

My problem is that I don't gel so well with Gadget, despite various attempts at various points. I always seem to get frustrated by something or other and run back to SunVox. I bought the Mac version on sale for its plug-in suite (Milpitas, Lexington etc.) but I hardly use it standalone. Unfortunately, Stockholm doesn't seem to be included in the desktop plug-in suite (I get that it's a different company etc.)

Anyway, I think I'll sit this one out as the Gadget fields are lying fallow round here.

• I bought the Mac version when it was half price – I think it would have been the same cost to complete the iOS gadgets that I'm missing. The plugin collection is NKS ready, so I use them a lot in Maschine MK3. Can't wait to try this out!

• @VerbaLee said:
    The Mac update is free/included if you have the Mac version of Gadget. They are staying true to the all included bundle pricing for Mac. iOS is $9.99 for Stockholm.

re the Mac version i can’t see the VST, anyone else?

• @R_2 said:
    The amp and filter env is something I missed in Abu Dhabi. So I really appreciate Stockholm and see myself building up a track by using a few next to each other in Gadget.

Yep! :smile: Still doesn't make me wanna spend on Stockholm yet. (And I have other slicers on iOS too)
    But looking forward to more stuff from this partnership. And hoping Korg makes a iDS-10 and Electribe Gadget

• ...and iKaossilator, darn it.

• Does anyone know a way to get Rex files from all the reason refills I own into Stockholm? I own loads and loads.... It's a big shame if this isn't possible.

• All kidding as being an asshole aside.

I do like it.

I am thinking that this may be the loop playback feature that always made this not as useful as I know it could be.

I am going to put this out there.

Reason / Korg did this.

I think the reason for the untimely and ill-marketed launch is perhaps fear of another soon to be released iOS crossover platform........

coughs.........Ableton...............au uh .................?

• Just played around with the built in loops and it’s actually pretty cool. If you look in the editor you can trigger individual slices or each of the full 8 loops. This is what I had hoped Abu Dhabi would have been, except I guess you need pre made Rex files to use it. However it’s much easier to trigger them so they follow the tempo of the song.

With all these new gadgets with audio import (Zurich, Rosario and now Stockholm) the fact that Files support is STILL missing is making even less sense :angry:

• Gosh...these sales kills me. I've been thinking about the mac version. sigh.

I only have Gadget ios with no IAPs. Any suggestions for the best instruments/fx that are on sale now?

• @RUST( i )K said:
    I am thinking that this may be the loop playback feature that always made this not as useful as I know it could be.

My initial thought too, but without an iOS method for creating REX it is limited to purchased loops for iOS and non Reason users.... unless ....... iRecycle ?
    Then again, could this have been mainly devised as a Desktop Gadget feature that has also come to iOS to keep the Gadget project portability between Desktop and iOS alive ? Which to me is the most logical thing.

I think the reason for the untimely and ill-marketed launch is perhaps fear of another soon to be released iOS crossover platform........

They botched another release previously if I remember correctly, can't remember which, was it iM1 or iWaveStation ?

coughs.........Ableton...............au uh .................?

We can dream :)

• It’s such a pity that gadget is so closed a system. AUv3 would boost it up big time.
    A Rex file player for my beloved AUM would be awesome too. At least we have one now ;)