Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget: Stockholm by Reason

Comments

• Rex files aplenty here, a great update 😎....Reason is finally coming to iOS! Isn’t this what everyone wanted...kinda..

• Who knows if it really goes iOS.
    Without live recording and slicing it would be of limited use for me, but hey, they might add it indeed.
    Still missing some more exciting stuff like Reason's Kong drum models, Grain and Europa.

• @u0421793 said:
    A real game changer would be a gadget-ised version of iodyssei …that can actually read iodyssei patches!

I’m convinced Korg doesn’t care about iOS. The people that love it really really really love it, a lot of other people buy it anyway, and I’ve spent 80-100 USD sale prices before realizing that I should never buy another Korg iOS product again until they get it up to speed with 2016. No preset export? Can’t use standalone to make sounds for Gadget on the same device. It has to be intentional. Solo Indie developers that make apps for $3 figure this stuff out!

• Interesting. I’d like an Abu Dhabi on steroids.
    It is tagged as “Audio Import” gadget on this pic

Despite all problems with Gadget I’m still drawn to it. Must be Stockholm syndrome.

• Anyone actually managed to import a Rex file?

Mine are all greyed out....hmmmm....

• Hmmm...
    If this is true (Gadget Stockholm), why haven’t Korg Inc. had any kind of press release around this?
    Strange...

If it’s true, great stuff!

And, as I have said earlier, pretty sure that the fantastic people in the company Propellerheads will release some kind of game changer later this year...

• Botched release? it doesn’t yet appear in the manual either :/

• There was a time I wanted something like this but then I remember ReSlice and forgot about octorex...

• I think something is awry here, possible a leak. Weird they would put out a product without any form of press release prior and still nothing from Korg or propellerheads

• Pretty interesting. I have a shedload of rex files too, that I'd like to be able to use on iOS. Bit of a bummer it's locked into gadget but better than no rex player. And it does make you wonder if there will be more of reason coming over to gadget.

• you guys are superfast!!! great update btw

• The update is in the app store now :)

• So, looks like there wont be reason for ios. Looks like that is what Propellerhead s were working on.
    Actually if the thing can import wavs or even rex, is quite cool, because its one of the things gadget is missing - sampler that can use long samples. And, for sure theyll make other devices also. Probably europa, then well have a granular option in gadget finally. Maybe it will be enough to make me ignore the auv3 ignorance

• Still no Files.app support 😢

• €10,99 in case anyone else is wondering

• Can anyone confirm it can import long wavs/rexs ?

• edited July 2018

In case somebody already working with the update.... What are the other enhancements which will make Gadget easier to use ? (last point of update description)

• I don‘t even know what rex files are. Any explanation that can help me understand if i need it or not? (or, if i want it or not, of course i don‘t NEED it) :)

• @RUST( i )K said:
    Korg is so innovative in the ways they disappoint me with Gadget.

haha!

• I tried to download som rex files (rx2) and I could import them from AudioShare. It doesn't seem to be able to import wav files.

• I can see that Propellerhead making Gadgets is big news, but a Rex player for people who don’t already have a big Rex library, and no way of importing other files, is pretty useless.

• I think ’Europa’ is next to be honest but I hope it will be AUv3 too.

Still Gadgets lack of Files.app integration makes filemanagement a pita-deluxe...

• @PhilW said:
    I can see that Propellerhead making Gadgets is big news, but a Rex player for people who don’t already have a big Rex library, and no way of importing other files, is pretty useless.

You can buy Rexloops as you can buy other Sampleloops.
    You don`t need to buy the Rex player.
    I guess this Gadget comes along with a whole bunch of presets.

Maybe the update is not for you. I remember everyone was enthusiastic about the M1 Gadget, and i just thought: meh. Thats life, i guess.

• @VerbaLee Great scoop by the way !

• @Speedball said:

@PhilW said:
    I can see that Propellerhead making Gadgets is big news, but a Rex player for people who don’t already have a big Rex library, and no way of importing other files, is pretty useless.

You can buy Rexloops as you can buy other Sampleloops.
    You don`t need to buy the Rex player.
    I guess this Gadget comes along with a whole bunch of presets.

Maybe the update is not for you. I remember everyone was enthusiastic about the M1 Gadget, and i just thought: meh. Thats life, i guess.

I can see that some people will love this, but you are right, this one is not for me.

• @ErrkaPetti said:
    Hmmm...
    If this is true (Gadget Stockholm), why haven’t Korg Inc. had any kind of press release around this?
    Strange...

Seems to be a bit of a Korg thing these days.

• This is great.

I mean if there is one thing people requested it was this as a new Gadget.

amirite?

• This would be more interesting to me if it was able to make rex files from wav's...I guess that's one of those 'pro' features prop's are retaining for the desktop.

• @PhilW said:

You can turn any wav to rex in reason.