Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioBus support for SampleTank

Just thought you might want to read from IKMultimedia forum
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5378

Comments

• Can you tell us what's there? I don't have an account for that forum and it's not open to read without one.

• What Sebastian said.

• edited January 2013

See attached the topic for your attention Sebastian

AudioBus Support and VirtualMidi
    by djjuniorpops » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:13 pm

AudioBus is needed for SampleTank its a Good App with some of the best sounds also better Virtual Midi to work with other Apps
    djjuniorpops

Re: AudioBus Support and VirtualMidi
    by obitheincredible » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:34 pm

We have looked into it and decided not to implement AudioBus until there is a Public SDK to work with. After they release a Public SDK we can revisit the consideration to include it in our apps.
    Facebook - Twitter - Tumblr

This forum is not intended for direct company technical support. For support requests, please visit Support HERE.

obitheincredible

by djjuniorpops » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:50 pm

Thanks for response, what about the Virtual Midi problem with SampleTank and other apps.
    djjuniorpops

by AlienNation » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:32 pm

djjuniorpops wrote:
    Thanks for response, what about the Virtual Midi problem with SampleTank and other apps.

Support can help you with that. http://www.ikmultimedia.com/support
    AlienNation

by supanorton » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:58 am

obitheincredible wrote:
    We have looked into it and decided not to implement AudioBus until there is a Public SDK to work with. After they release a Public SDK we can revisit the consideration to include it in our apps.

Very disappointing and frustrating. Is there a reason that the SDK has to go public? I'd like to understand IK's thinking on this. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
    supanorton

by slimbeaux » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:33 am

New to mobile music so bear with me. What is a SDK? Slim
    slimbeaux

by obitheincredible » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:48 pm

SDK stands for Software development kit. (Wikipedia link)

This forum is not intended for direct company technical support. For support requests, please visit Support HERE.

obitheincredible

by slimbeaux » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:03 am

Interesting. Thanks for the link. I would think that having a public SDK would make it so much easier for apps to talk to apps. It would be great if they would all work together. Slim
    slimbeaux

by obitheincredible » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:01 pm

Exactly. Once it is public we'll take a second look.

obitheincredible

by Peter_IK » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:40 pm

Update - we do have access to the SDK so we'll keep you posted about progress as soon as we can!
    IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
    YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
    This forum is not intended for direct company technical support. For support requests, please visit Support HERE or for iRig/iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch support visit HERE.

Peter_IK

• edited January 2013

Ah yeah. Thanks. :)

TL;DR: IK have access to the SDK.

• Not to sounds skeptical, but from what I've seen so far, SampleTank does not play well with others.

I had asked them about importing audio, or even have sampletank not drop out when other audio app is playing in the background and they said it was not functional like that. Meaning that if I were trying to play a sax lead in Sampletank, while Auria was playing and using the recorder in Sampletank to record that sax lead to import back into Auria, it wouldn't work. I would be playing a solo to nothing.. no backing tracks. They just said it was the way it was written. They didn't indicate that it would change anytime soon. I wasn't too happy about it.

Anyway, if they do get audiobus going that would be great because there are some great sounds in SampleTank. Hopefully it will happen.

Shawn

• Sebastian what u saying is that IK has the SDK

• I don't think IK has any other chose but to get on the bus at this point. Get on or get left.

• I hope they get on. I bought all the sound packs when they were on sale only to find out later about the limitations. Come IK... time to climb aboard.

• Bracing for the inevitable.

• Ik can suck my iRig. @syrupcore THAT? haha!

I like sample tank, and igrand is okay too.. but dam, i hate IK enough that just seeing their logo turns me off.. WHy when you open any of their products do they bombard you with advertisements for hardware, even if you have it?? lol so audiobus or not don't know if I can ever use their stuff.

The fact they have the SDK and don't care is a good example of their stupidity. :-)

• SampltTank sure have good sounds, it's some of the beat sounds on IOS

• Better news from Beatmaker2 though:-
    "Hi !

Well, we are working closely with the Audiobus team has their initial implementation was not perfectly suited to work with our audio engine. We found a solution to the problem, and we are now waiting for the Audiobus team to update the SDK.

They are also pushing a new update for their app, which means more testing on both sides, and different priorities. It shouldn't be long before we'll submit, 1 or 2 weeks tops.

We'll make a more official announcement once we can provide a time estimation.
    You will all enjoy this update, it's worth waiting !

Cheers,
    Mathieu."

So it's apparently down to Sebastian & Michael. Don't be down here slumming guys. You've got work to do!

• @JuniorPops It's pretty good yeah. My problem with them has never been with the software, well mostly not with the software. It's the way they conduct business. Kinda like the guys making the software got their 14 year old daughters to handle the fans and social media. 2 days ago I saw IK doing duck face in the bathroom on a twitter pic, i swear. ;-)

@Ian Harsh! lol You may have already noticed they haven't been around much. I'm pretty sure they are on top of things. :-)

• I have a lot of speculation about why Intua/TastyPixel have needed time to figure this whole thing out... but what good is speculation?

I can only thank them for working diligently on this to ensure that it is implemented correctly, as we have seen a number of apps lose some of their initial luster from poor user experiences with rushed implementation.

Thanks guys. It's the reason I've been holding off on a multi-tracker for the past month and a half....

Has it only been that long???? I can't even remember what I did with an iPad before Audiobus...

• @ryan yeah, I've felt bad for the actual devs for a while. They appear to make nice stuff that their marketing department sorta craps all over. I'd be so mad! I considered buying sampletank for a bit but when I heard about the ads on launch (after paying) I was so turned off I decided not to.

• I have Sampletank with all extension packs (bought them while they were on sale) and I would love to see Sampletank get audiobus support. It would just make it so much more useful. At the moment, ST is only really useful for live performances if you just need a quick ROMpler.

• ST could be one of the best iOS app but it is soooooo bad written!
    Every feature is an example of a bad implementation. And I totally agree with @Ryan: this company really, really sucks.
    Marketing is their god and they don't give a shit about their customers. They put more money in their PR dogs (obi & Co) than in development. I bought ST when it was on sale but I'll never buy an IK product anymore till they stop their agressive marketing and stupid PR behaviour.

Idiots!

• I would looove to have Vocalive in the effects slot of audiobus. And SampleTank would be awesome. But I agree, iRig sucks. How can you have the SDK and then decide to "wait until it goes public"?

Btw. do any of you gurus know of any other vocal effects app? Can Auria be used for recording vocals?

• Auria can be used to record vocals. Improvox and Stompvox are a couple of vocal effects apps.

• Improvox is a toy, IMHO. I will check out Stompvox. Thanks, @mgmg4871 Does Auria have a good compressor?

• edited January 2013

It seems IK has one of the best vocal effects apps, but as sampletank, doesnt play well with other apps. Not sure about Auria compressor. Haven't messed with it much. Still waiting for AB support and midi.

• To be honest IK sure have some of the best sounding iOS apps, it's just a shame that they don't work well with other apps and to me IK doing nothing to address this problem.

• Since IK multimedia seem to be very sales oriented, they should try listening to their customers and implement the things that people actually want. Their sales would go through the roof if they did that. Just because the apps sound good, doesn't mean people will actually buy them if they're useless in a workflow outside of IK products.

..just sayin'

• edited January 2013

...biting my lip!

• Yeah they just went android with there arrogance and bad PR.

• Doesn't Android have well publicised OS latency problems to do with audio? Something to do with the audio being prioritised lower than the touch screen handling?

• While we're on the subject of Sampletank, it has serious audio engine compatibility problems with various other apps, including Meteor. No way would I record Sampletank into Meteor on the same iOS device, too much glitching and distortion. Running Sampletank on my iPod and recording back to the iPad via cable might be feasible, but that won't require Audiobus support.

• Never thought of that. I have a synthstation 25 that I can connect to sampletank thru midibridge, and record back into ipad.

• I like to think outside the box... literally, in this case. :)

• Well I can't see myself doing that at a coffee shop. The whole point is to keep it inside the "box". If I'm gonna start rigging cables and midi connections, I might as well just produce on my Desktop machine.
    The fact still remains that IK throw out more and more products, try to push sales on every forum they can find and don't listen to their customers. If it's all about the money how can they say "musicians first" ?