Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Does Audiobus require an internet connection?

1) Does audiobus require (or prefer) an internet connection from everyone else? I've used AB many times, but its always been with wifi enabled, until earlier today when I didn't have access to my wifi connection. This time when I tried to use the slots it literally took about 1minute for any of the apps to show up (I had the spinning wheel that means "wait for it to load"). Once finally able to see and select an app in the input, it took another entire minute for the apps to appear in the output and things were just acting strange.

When the internet connection returned, audiobus worked as normal again and apps appeared and opened instantly.

Comments

• I use Audiobus all the time when I'm hiking with my dogs with no internet connection.Try turning down the volume in Nave if you only want to hear Animoog.

• edited January 2014

Thanks good to know, guess I'll uninstall&reinstall to see if that works.

(After the reinstall everything works fine for me now without a wifi connection)