Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Best "Piano Roll" App

There are a lot of synths, drums, and instrument based apps out there. But I'm curious, are their any good apps for just storing the midi sequences so that they can be directed to various apps? I would love something that allows you to edit notes, and play those notes through something like Module or or Modal 15.

Comments

• @jayfehr said:
    There are a lot of synths, drums, and instrument based apps out there. But I'm curious, are their any good apps for just storing the midi sequences so that they can be directed to various apps? I would love something that allows you to edit notes, and play those notes through something like Module or or Modal 15.

This is just about it out there...

Xequence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=3ZXTYYzLKYU

• @RajahP said:

@jayfehr said:

This is just about it out there...

Xequence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=3ZXTYYzLKYU

This looks like exactly what I want. Not a big fan of the pricing, but beggers can't be chosers.

• If you have Auria Pro, just use its piano roll and MIDI channel strip. It’s very complete (humanize, grid and grove quantise, randomise etc) and allow for viewing multiple channels in the same piano roll for precise editing.

Of course, if you don’t have it and don’t need another DAW, I don’t think a piano roll alone justify the price, so go with Xequence indeed.

• And there is always modstep.

Beside that, I tried to compare the Piano rolls some time ago, but never quite finished that:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/19401/comparing-piano-roll-step-editors

• @tja said:
    And there is always modstep.

Beside that, I tried to compare the Piano rolls some time ago, but never quite finished that:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/19401/comparing-piano-roll-step-editors

Seeing the thread with the ModStep beta (I guess that the much talked about ModStep 2)..

That should bring other choices into the game..

• Xequence needs an update to be link compatible and in my opinion is not what your looking for because it does not integrate with any other host app like Cubasis, AUM or Ape. It's a standalone app that has to be completely configured outside of all of the other configurations within the host application. Thus, the workflow is not lending to seamless whatsoever.

• @Breezee said:
    Xequence needs an update to be link compatible and in my opinion is not what your looking for because it does not integrate with any other host app like Cubasis, AUM or Ape. It's a standalone app that has to be completely configured outside of all of the other configurations within the host application. Thus, the workflow is not lending to seamless whatsoever.

I'm so glad you mentioned this. I guess I'll keep working with Cubasis. It's just not the right tool for the job in this case. But it does work

• edited July 2018

@jayfehr said:

To address the interaction/interoperability issue @Breezee notes, @tja mentioned Modstep (which is a brilliant app) and you might take a look also at Genome- it’s able to sit alongside your instruments inside AUM, AB3, Cubasis etc sequencing those instruments. (It’s IAA, and is AB compatible, though it doesn’t use AB mid it has very stable core midi) I think the piano roll sequencer in Genome is top tier

• @jayfehr said:

@Breezee said:
    Xequence needs an update to be link compatible and in my opinion is not what your looking for because it does not integrate with any other host app like Cubasis, AUM or Ape. It's a standalone app that has to be completely configured outside of all of the other configurations within the host application. Thus, the workflow is not lending to seamless whatsoever.

I'm so glad you mentioned this. I guess I'll keep working with Cubasis. It's just not the right tool for the job in this case. But it does work

AudioBus compatible in short time :)