Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synergy Studio steam export is broken in iOS7

edited November 2013 in Support and Feedback

Bought synergy studio this Friday on sale.
It's a great and intuitive app.
After completing a song I found out that export multitrack ( aka steam export) to pasteboard is broken.

I hope dev will fix it.
I Didn't find a forum on thier site, so no where else to post this :(

Comments

• What's not broken in iOS7 ? :/

That's why I keep my two iPads on iOS 6.1.3
    Both working perfectly.

• Hi.

I tried that with a demo song, and only works with pasteBoard Stereo Mixdown.

If you try with PasteBoard Multi-Track, MTD only receives the first loop and repeat it over and over. It needs fix that.

• edited November 2013

iOS 7 doesn't support Sonoma pasteboard, only the general pasteboard (which is one file at a time). So the Synergy devs needs to add Retronymns ACP 2.0 for it to work again under iOS 7.

• Thanks guys.
    I emailed their support.
    Waiting for an answer,

• Sorry I was in a bad mood this afternoon. Hope you can find the answer for your problem. :)

• Got an answer today. Kind of funny, cause it seems they don't know of ACP2.0 issue.

Here it is:
    Hi Shay,

I wasn't aware there was an issue with this option, but I'll certainly check it out as we have a new version of Meteor almost ready for submission.

Please check the following:-

1) Check that you have at least 2GB or more free storage before performing your export.
    2) Try performing a reboot before export.

Reboot Process:

a) Press and HOLD the power button until the 'Slide To Power Off' slider appears.
    b) Slide the RED button to power off your device.
    c) Wait 10 seconds then power back on again.

The export operations use a hardware decoder that may be in use by another application. The reboot process should ensure it is free and available for Meteor.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Paul
    www.4Pockets.com

• I replied with:

Thanks for your reply.

Reading through many forums, such as Audiobus forum I understand that IOS7 only supports the general pasteboard and audio copy/paste 2.0 SDK support is needed in order to paste several items to the pasteboard.

Also I, and I guess other users will appreciate synergy studio to export multi tracks to iTunes and send song as m4a via email from within the application.

Best regards,
    Shay

• Actually, if I remember correctly, 4pockets Meteor multi stem export was/is something that only worked between their apps. It always only had the general ACP (and probably Sonoma, but not multi-export to Sonoma). Sure that's not what it is?

• Hi @ChrisG,

I don't know if it's for meteor or not. I bought it as a stand alone app.
    I want them to add it anyway, otherwise 16 times solo and export seems like a pain.
    For me this missing option is the difference between useless and useful.

My final mixes goes through Auria, so the question is "would they make this process fun or painful". I want to give them 5*, currently it far less, so I wait.

Thanks anyway.

• As @chrisg wrote, here is the latest reply:

Thanks Shay,

I appreciate you looking into this. I was aware that Audio Copy/Paste API was broken in iOS7, which is why I've avoided it like the plague. We did implement it in Meteor, but I wasn't aware we used it in Synergy!

In general we use the general pasteboard, so should be compatible with other apps which do the same. The Multi-Track pasteboard is used to copy data between our own applications.

I'll certainly look into the Copy/Paste 2.0 SDK, although I didn't think it had been released already?

Best Regards

Paul
    www.4Pockets.com