Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iSem + little midi machine + auria = lagging and sound clipping

edited November 2013 in General App Discussion

Hi
I have an iPad 4G 64gb and I am trying to record the little midi machine running a sequence to isem with audiobus into Auria resulting in heavy lagging and soundclipping.. Same result when trying to record to loopy. Is this too much workload for the iPad or am I doing something wrong?

Thnx

Comments

• edited November 2013

Auria is quite heavy on resources.

• edited November 2013

Recording iSEM into Auria on iPad 2 running iOS 7 wasn't a problem last I tried. Make sure the record buffer is set at 512. If you're using Audiobus, close all apps, start Audiobus first (check the record/latency switch in Audiobus), then open iSEM etc, and open Auria last. Always open audiobus first as that will dictate the buffer size for all subsequent apps. You can also check the record buffer in Aurias settings (if using IAA or other record methods) under settings-record tab.

If you've been using any IAA apps and get more CPU usage then you should (causing audio stutters/crackles etc), do a hard reset by holding down the home button and power button past the red shutdown bar until you see the Apple logo. This will kill any apps/processes stuck running in the background but that aren't visible in the task bar. Should be a last course of action tho..

As for sound clipping, lower the volume in iSEM, check the monitor meter in Auria

• Thanks for responding. Now I have tried to do a hard reset, start audiobus first, set to 512 buffer, open auria, set buffer to 512 there as well, open isem and last the little midimachine and I still get constant audiostutter, crackling. Its mostly ok with the sequence running, up to the point of record enabling the track, thats when most of the problems occur. It works fine without the midimachine controlling the isem so maybe thats where the problem is? Hard to think that the midi App would cause this kind of overload though..

• Is your device storage close to full capacity? This can sometimes cause these types of issues.

• Nope, only using 10 gbs of 64 so that cant be it. I have sent a mail to the LMM support, maybe they know.