Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Recording from Drone FX?

This app has some pretty impressive drones & and other odd sound - but I can’t see how to record any thing. The usual AB, Interapp Audio is missing. Is there any way to capture what ever is in the iOS sound/audio stream and save? Prob not but thought I’d ask.

Comments

• Record the screen and import it into AudioShare

• Ok - so how does one record the screen?

• You need iOS 11.

Go to System Settings >Control Center >Customize Controls. Add Screen Recording from the bottom More Controls area into the upper Include are. Now you will have a Screen Recording button in the Control Center widgets when you swipe up from the Dock area.

If you long press the new Scrren Recording button, you get an option to turn on/off recording from the mic. Off will record the app audio instead of the mic.

The audio is mono only, and pretty low bandwidth. But it actually sounds pretty good to me, and it’s better than nothing.

B)

• Thanks for the tip. Seems a bit clunky, but it’s what we’ve got 😢

• I made a tutorial on how to do it with a USB audio device and a single iPad. It is in the tips section of the forum. It is even clunkier :D but you get full quality stereo.

• @CP thanks - will take a look.