Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis mixdown issue

Hello, So I gave up on Bm3 for a bit.. went to Cubasis and have a nice sketch worked out. Here is screen shot of what I have. No matter what or how I mix it down the 2 pads(pgp,Sunrizer) come out as brick walls. Totally distorted. Even if I try and freeze PGP, nothing comes out on that wav file, but if I freeze Sunrizer it’s brick walls it(max volume).

What the heck am I doing wrong. It all sounds fine if I play in Cubasis, but no matter how I render those pads freak out. And Sunrizer has no effects on it. Just a straight patch.

Comments

• Hi Chaztrip,

I gave Sunrizer AU a short check in Cubasis 2.5, where track freeze / mxidown work as expected. Not being equipped with PGP, I do not know if the plug-in might have problems in this regards.

If you encounter third party plug-ins that fail to render in Cubasis, please check to activate the real-time mixdown / track freeze option for such instruments/effects, located in Setup/Mixdown / Share.

Also, please make sure to inform the apps vendors about the issue.
    We're at hand to support them with Cubasis promo codes for testing purposes, and are available to exchange with them.

Please let me know if this helps to solve the issue.

Best,
    Lars

• Thanks Lars... I removed PGP and then did the real-time mix down and I still have the same issue with sunriser.

😩

• Did you try:

1) Freeze of the tracks
    2) The mixdown options in setup

• No problem to freeze the AU at 44.1/16

• Yes look at this shot. I will pay someone 25$ PayPal to get this to work. I’m so frustrated. Not at anyone in particular, it just sucks I’m having a series of meltdowns. 😂

So freezing Sunrizer and it brick walls it.

• Check your mixdown settings.
    Or try the IAA, which sometimes are more stable :# :D

• edited July 2018

@Chaztrip
    Which mix down settings are you using?
    Quick test I’m doing using Infinite and Sunrizer, Cubasis seems to render Sunrizer but

Infinite keeps disappearing- it drops from AU slot when I mixdown

One thing to note, I did do fresh install of Sunrizer since the AUv3 update.

• @Littlewoodg
    Not sure what you mean entirely, but I did the real time mix down as @Lars suggested to no avail. I will try a fresh install of Sunrizer to see if that helps.

• edited July 2018

@Chaztrip Hi, I know this may sound a bit mad but many of Sunrizers sounds are super hot to start with, and lowering the the mixer volume won’t fix the actual input of the sound, you just hear a quieter version in Cubasis, the actual input will remain hot, try lowering the Gain in Sunrizer first, then adjust the volume in the Cubasis mixer to suit afterward. You can check this first by playing the sound before recording it and check to see if the mixer is going way above 0.00db, if it is lower the Sunrizer gain till your at at least well below 0.0db.

In fact going well below just to be safe isn’t a bad idea with many sounds, especially drums and percussion sounds, then you can very easily normalise the file later in Cubasis if your going to freeze the audio, and if your going to keep the midi you can add a Compressor or an FAC Maxima or something of the like to make up the gain difference.

• edited July 2018

@Chaztrip said:
    @Littlewoodg
    Not sure what you mean entirely, but I did the real time mix down as @Lars suggested to no avail. I will try a fresh install of Sunrizer to see if that helps.

I just got a clean mixdown of both Sunrizer and Infinite, without the Infinite instance disappearing

I did not use Real Time Mix down that Lars suggested but I did use the other one, “Audio Unit Mixdown Compatability Mode” which seemed to keep Infinite from disappearing when mixing down.

That mode helped to freeze/render the separate Infinite track also, which was empty otherwise. The compatibility mode seems to sort out Infinite’s rendering issue.

@thesoundtestroom is right on about hot Sunrizer presets, I’m happy to retest using the two synth’s presets you’re using (infinite’s and Sunrizer’s)

I’m running latest iOS, iPad Pro 10.5

• tjatja
    edited July 2018

There is a simple fix for Infinite:

Use the IAA version!

I tested this... and as often, IAA is more stable than AU - for me!

Sunrizer AU made no problems.
    Total standard mixdown settings

• edited July 2018

@thesoundtestroom said:
    @Chaztrip Hi, I know this may sound a bit mad but many of Sunrizers sounds are super hot to start with, and lowering the the mixer volume won’t fix the actual input of the sound, you just hear a quieter version in Cubasis, the actual input will remain hot, try lowering the Gain in Sunrizer first, then adjust the volume in the Cubasis mixer to suit afterward. You can check this first by playing the sound before recording it and check to see if the mixer is going way above 0.00db, if it is lower the Sunrizer gain till your at at least well below 0.0db.

In fact going well below just to be safe isn’t a bad idea with many sounds, especially drums and percussion sounds, then you can very easily normalise the file later in Cubasis if your going to freeze the audio, and if your going to keep the midi you can add a Compressor or an FAC Maxima or something of the like to make up the gain difference.

sunrizer presets running super hot indeed.

• edited July 2018

So why would not be in internal mixer of Cubasis prevent that signal from being so hot ?

• Are you on all the latest software, apps and iOS?
    Which device do you use?

• So yes.... @Littlewoodg and @thesoundtestroom got me sorted. I’m on a 2017ipad Pro latest iOS and all apps update. I was just losing it as to what would cause this. I guess welcome to iOS.

• @Chaztrip said:
    So yes.... @Littlewoodg and @thesoundtestroom got me sorted. I’m on a 2017ipad Pro latest iOS and all apps update. I was just losing it as to what would cause this. I guess welcome to iOS.

Yep! Welcome to the fun!
    (No idea why the Cubase internal mixer doesn’t cool down the hot presets, @LFS?)

• edited July 2018

@Chaztrip said:
    So yes.... @Littlewoodg and @thesoundtestroom got me sorted. I’m on a 2017ipad Pro latest iOS and all apps update. I was just losing it as to what would cause this. I guess welcome to iOS.

So it was hot levels on the Sunrizer preset?
    How about PPG ? Did that get resolved too?

Glad to hear you got it all sorted! B)

• Forum fixers fix another one!

• @CracklePot said:

@Chaztrip said:

So it was hot levels on the Sunrizer preset?
    How about PPG ? Did that get resolved too?

Glad to hear you got it all sorted! B)

Yea. Had to use the Audio Unit Mixdown Compatability Mode, and that fixed PPG. And it was the SUPER HOT LEVELS OF the preset I was using on Sunrizer.

Thanks.

• Thanks for this thread guys. I've been getting wonky freeze and render behavior myself. Hopefully this will fix it.

• @tja said:
    Check your mixdown settings.
    Or try the IAA, which sometimes are more stable :# :D

Quote of the day.