Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

THE RAVEN/ Ravenscroft!

This is more a composed piece, though the piano part in the first section and the violas in the second are improvisations on a composed melody and harmony.

First use of Ravenscroft 275 piano. I am without a sustain pedal, so it is a bit more strident than I would have liked. First use of SynthMaster1! ( Regal pad in the first section). ISymphonic Strings, Cubasis double bass, Luis Martinez' Rock Drummer, and that terrific gem, Thumbjam,for the violas. Cubasis made life a lot easier as always. Observations and comments welcome as always.

Comments

• Really well played, man, and a terrific chord progression. I wanted that lovely piano to return once the drums kicked in.
    But you have to tell your drummer to chill out a little bit on the kick drum! ;)

• edited July 2018

@ExAsperis99 Haha! Damn straight! It's not always wise to play wheel of fortune for sounds when creating a drum track! Luis makes it too easy to spin those sound drums. Thanks for the praise, it means a lot to me.

• Hey Michael, I like it, although the sound of the piano seems to me a bit synthetic and Soft Drummer would have been a better choice. My opinion.

It seems to me that you have a good feeling!

Good performance!

• Thanks, @ral. Having no sustain pedal sent me to the effects locker. Probably overdid it. Rock drummer works for me, though. I probably will work at it some more. All grist for the iOS mill. I truly look at these pieces as explorations into what to do and not to do. Usually it only becomes apparent after the fact. Listening at 6am to a night's work and then posting may not be the best procedure! Thanks again for the praise!

• I like the melodies a lot. With few listenings I could walk away humming some of the themes throughout the day.

Too bad about the sustain pedal. I'll bet your foot stills goes up and down unconsciously.

Another data point for ThumbJam. Maybe I should watch some videos and understand
    how it works.

Did you know the iPhone 6s and later have 3D Touch? No iPads do. More toys to own.
    Imagine a Super-Intelligent 5 Thumbed Dog God turned loose with 3D Touch.

Hopefully they will add a foot sensor and finger tracker to the iPhone 15 so we can just "mime" playing a concert grand and get a perfect rendering with Ravenscroft 5000 while on vacation at the Turkish Riviera.

We should live so long... Live continues to be good. YMMV.

Ask Ayse if she will make another ThumbJam. Gotta check that out.

• Yes, @ McD. Melodies have been one of the few musical gifts I have. Maybe that is why I am so drawn to melody based jazz.
    It is amazing to me how subjective listening can be. I listened to this track again and regretted posting it for several reasons. But it sure sounded good when listened to it at 6am after an allnighter making it!

My teacher, Connie Crithers, once told me a sturdy about playing to a large cried. The last chord of the concert she plunged her hands down and to her the sound was the worst! All she could do was throw her head back and laugh. (I guess even she had lapses in nonjudgmental judgement) Anyway, after the concert many came up to oraise her performance, including one couple who enthusiastically said the concert was great and that last chord! Well, it made the whole performance for them! You can judge, but what does it mean!