Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Moog Model D & ROLI Seaboard block - modulation problem

I have an issue when trying to slide up and down a key...the issue is that it is not changing the expression and timbre as it does in Moog 15 and Animoog.

I have my midi input set to MPE and midi output set to 1.
I have adjusted the pitch range to 48.

Has anybody had success with sliding up/down with their finger finding a response? The only way I can seem to do this is when I adjust the modulation wheel on the iPad screen.

Comments

• I haven’t done extensive testing, but it seems the key slide is sending on CC74. I mapped that and I’m not getting anything. I’ll have to try later.

• Same here. Not working properly for me either.

• I tried asking moog for help and have received a reply, but I’m still confused and not getting a response when Input is set to mpe. Here is the reply:

“You should not MIDI map CC74 to anything if you want to use it for MPE per-note expression. The MIDI learn take precedence over anything else and really simulates moving a knob, which influences the patch sound for all voices. By setting the Input MIDI Channel to MPE, clearing out the CC74 assign, and setting up a mod wheel destination to for instance Filter Modulation, you should be able to use the Seaboard with per-note timbre control.”

🤔

• @klattgalvin said:
    I tried asking moog for help and have received a reply, but I’m still confused and not getting a response when Input is set to mpe. Here is the reply:

“You should not MIDI map CC74 to anything if you want to use it for MPE per-note expression. The MIDI learn take precedence over anything else and really simulates moving a knob, which influences the patch sound for all voices. By setting the Input MIDI Channel to MPE, clearing out the CC74 assign, and setting up a mod wheel destination to for instance Filter Modulation, you should be able to use the Seaboard with per-note timbre control.”

🤔

Thanks for checking. Is it working for you? I’m not really a fan of the vertical key slide myself so much, but It would be good to know if it’s usable. I pretty much only like PolyPressure and Polypitchbend.

• No, it’s not working. Nothing is happening when I slide up+down (or even apply more pressure). Pretty frustrated here....