Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Partikles Midi Audio Unit Containers now in store.

Comments

• As promised ;) .
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/496646

@rrc2soft said:
    This is a warning for developers out there: if you don’t make a physics-based AU MIDI, a’la Physynth (see video below, iPad on the left), I will make one. And I will put it on the App Store for free.

Consider yourselves warned, so start working on it... I will buy it day one B)

I actually found a physics library (chipmunk) that works wonders, and what was a simple test evolved into this :) . Also, the most problematic bug (support for multiple AU instances) has been fixed, so things are now looking good.

• @rrc2soft said:
    As promised ;) .
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/496646

@rrc2soft said:
    This is a warning for developers out there: if you don’t make a physics-based AU MIDI, a’la Physynth (see video below, iPad on the left), I will make one. And I will put it on the App Store for free.

Consider yourselves warned, so start working on it... I will buy it day one B)

I actually found a physics library (chipmunk) that works wonders, and what was a simple test evolved into this :) . Also, the most problematic bug (support for multiple AU instances) has been fixed, so things are now looking good.

Nice to see the old nodebeat app in action. Possibly one of the most underestimated apps out there. I could speculate why but not going too ;)

• “Particle Bounce”It’s not in the AppStore, I discovered that much. :lol:

I’m hoping it is this rumored free AUv3 physics based MIDI effect!

• @Hmtx said:
    “Particle Bounce”It’s not in the AppStore, I discovered that much. :lol:

Maybe it is :p ;)

• @rrc2soft said:

@Hmtx said:

Looks like it is! Called "Bouncy" just like the thread title. Doh! :)

Looks potentially awesome, like a personal fav Caelestis (that died with iOS11) but on AUv3 steroids. Indeed reported to be free when it launches.

• edited July 2018

@rrc2soft said:

@Hmtx said:

Lots of love, thanks in advance for this. I could ask to be on the beta testing, then subsequently have no time to actually be any help, then download the 1.0 release. :lol: So, to save us both the time, let’s skip the fist two steps. Just let us know when it’s in the AppStore!

• FYI: playing with the beta of Partikles. It’s pretty cool, and you can sort of play it via keyboard too. Already very solid, universal, and it’ll be 100% free!

I think it’s gonna be really popular :)

• So it’s like Particles but with a ‘k’?

• edited July 2018

@brambos said:
    So it’s like Particles but with a ‘k’?

Yeah, kinda like Cosmonaut but with a ‘k’. ;)

Some crossover with a couple of the Rozeta modules, but with its own spin on it and playable. Similar to Caelestis if it were AU, playable playgrounds, with some Rozeta inspiration mixed in.

• @skiphunt said:

@brambos said:

Yeah, kinda like Cosmonaut but with a ‘k’. ;)

Some crossover with a couple of the Rozeta modules, but with its own spin on it and playable. Similar to Caelestis if it were AU, playable playgrounds, with some Rozeta inspiration mixed in.

Having a Caelestis and Physynth as an AUv3 was the goal I wanted to achieve. Glad to read it fulfills such a goal :) . And of course, it is inspired by the AUv3 MIDI golden standard :smiley:

• @brambos said:

And, because it’s playable... you can have Partikles triggering Phasemaker, and also have Rozeta Rythym playing Partikles in its “relative” mode... for kind of this cool chaotic arpeggio effect.

• edited July 2018

ok.

• Wow. Just googled psysynth. Never heard of it. But... we’ll this seems suitable for ambient downtempo music. Cool! Having this in 2018 is bliss :)

• The manual now out this looks like it’s gonna be a big seller and lots of fun as it will expand. Bouncy first container, Sandbox planned.

http://www.rodrigoroman.com/rrc2soft/partikles/

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Nice, look forward to this, made me think of Caelestis too which I hoped might become AU one day :)

• edited July 2018

@Carnbot said:
    Nice, look forward to this, made me think of Caelestis too which I hoped might become AU one day :)

Current beta very solid. Universal too. Guessing it should drop soon.

Similar to Particles’ greatness, but with the spinning triangle or square shape, you can get more random stuff. Also like that you can set the triggers up to 4 beat length.

You can play the app too like Particles, but you can also kind of play and switch between the “playgrounds” via keyboard, etc.

Last I heard, this gem was still going to be free at launch. :)

• Yes heard it was going to be free, even cooler.

• Keen for this!
    To be able to change the notes / balls via midi - great stuff.
    What I was hoping Rozetta Particles would evolve to do.

• edited July 2018

Very uncool to rip off Brambos's name. Even if it is a generic name, Bram got there first. The dev should reconsider. Especially since the app is a minor variation on Bram's app, which makes the whole thing even sleazier.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Very uncool to rip off Brambos's name. Even if it is a generic name, Bram got there first. The dev should reconsider. Especially since the app is a minor variation on Bram's app, which makes the whole thing even sleazier.

Partikles is the name of the suite, and the name of the plug-in is Bouncy :) . And the app is not a minor variation of Bram’s Rozeta Particles - it is heavily inspired in Caelestis, which I also wanted as an AU. But as no one was making it, I decided to make it myself B) .

On the other hand, I would not like a battle of names. And I get the feeling there could be a storm brewing in the form of a “Particles” vs “Partikles” name battle - instead of a “Rozeta Particles” vs “Partikles Bouncy”.

Therefore, even if it delays the app a little bit, I think I will change the name of the suite.

• @skiphunt said:
    Last I heard, this gem was still going to be free at launch. :)

Free at launch - and forever B) o:)

• Unfreakingbelievable.

• @skiphunt said:
    Unfreakingbelievable.

If it is about the price, blame the Spanish law regarding associate professors - we can’t get outside source of income (and only in specific cases with a lot of paperwork etc etc etc). I was going to make this for myself anyway (like sequencism), so don’t care if it is free.

If it is about the name change, I don’t think the delay will be long, just need to learn how to change the name of the app. If Bram Bos did it (from Odessa to Rozeta), then I can do it (even if I do not know how :p )

• DCJDCJ
    edited July 2018

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

Considering @rrc2soft’s history and contributions to the app community, using sleazy seems completely unfair and harsh. Was this really the only way to bring it up? Even though I think the name should be reconsidered out of marketing fairness for Bram, treating Rodrigo as if he stole the name underhandedly is going too far. If he had not fully considered the implications of using the name, it doesn’t make him sleazy.

• Considering @rrc2soft’s history and contributions to the app community, using sleazy seems completely unfair and harsh...

I agree. I also think that @rrc2soft could come up with something better.

How about "Movimiento"?

• assuming it doesn't mean something rude beyond the dictionary definition, of course!
  • There's a whole genre of particle based midi stuff so calling a name based on a variation of the word Particles isn't ripping anyone off, but maybe a more unique name might be worthwhile to avoid confusion :)