PSA: Don't update to iOS 12.4 if you use apps in AB output slot or IAA apps that use the mic.
https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/34030/urgent-psa-hold-off-updating-to-ios-12-4-if-you-use-apps-in-output-slot-in-audiobus

Screen capture audio to audio share

How do you record the audio from a screen cap video into audio share.... Can't figure this out !! Ugh haha

Comments

  • I have all audio setup in AUM, all channels prepared for recording.
    Start screen recording.
    Start recording audio in AUM.
    Afterwards, the audiorecordings are trimmable/etc. in Audioshare.
    In Lumafusion I then fuse video and audio, export to file, done.

  • @animal said:
    I have all audio setup in AUM, all channels prepared for recording.
    Start screen recording.
    Start recording audio in AUM.
    Afterwards, the audiorecordings are trimmable/etc. in Audioshare.
    In Lumafusion I then fuse video and audio, export to file, done.

    Hmmm gave it a try but aum didn't record any audio...
    Maybe it's a setting I'm missing ???

  • You have to arm each channel by touching the „Rec“—Button on the bottom, and then press „Rec“ on top left, so that the recording starts. Finished recordings will be in AudioShare, or in the fileplayer inside AUM itself, under „AUM recordings-the name of your patch (if none, then under „untitled“)-followed by date -and the channelnumber.
    If not, then there’s something in the bushes....

  • edited July 2018

    Audio from screen capture is never recorded in AudioShare. AudioShare does not have access to iOS system audio. You can record your synths and music (routed to AudioShare or AUM) simultaneously alongside a screen capture recording, then sync up the audio later. That is what @animal is explaining how to do.

    But if you are recording a screen capture of AngryBirds or Fortine mobile, there is no way to internally capture a game or system audio into any music recording apps. You’ll have to convert the audio from the recorded movie afterwards.

  • edited July 2018

    You can capture any 'main audio' playing with an interface that supports free routing.
    With an iCA4+ you can add an output path from USB1/2 (which carries system audio) to the same output pair on the right side.
    This would cause feedback (of course) with a recording app, but players (like a webbrowser oder video playback) don't have input channels, so here it doesn't matter.

    You have to start audio recording first and then switch to the 'player' app.
    After video stops go back to the recording app, stop it and cut off the silence at begin and end.
    I only have iCA, but it should work with any interface with routing capabilities, RME Totalmix comes to mind, dunno Focusrite or Steinberg.

  • I read some where that you could screen record a video on your iPad then somehow convert that video to audio in audio share, that's what I was attempting to figure out..

    But ima give this another try @animal and see what I did wrong lol, appreciate the advice, I just want to capture my live jam audio in screen cap then make short videos for Instagram when I'm on the go, even tho the mono crusher screen cap can really ruin the sound haha

  • edited July 2018

    OK, thanks for clarifying your question @reasOne . yes, you can convert a screen recording into a .wav file in AudioShare.

    1. First, recognize that the audio will be MONO. iOS Screen recording is primitive, no stereo whatsoever. SMH.
    2. open "photos" then export the video to "Save to Files" and choose somewhere "on my iPad"
    3. open AudioShare and import from "document picker" to access Files "on my iPad"
    4. after you import the video in AudioShare you can select "tools" and convert to .wav

    disclaimer: I am on iOS 11.3.1, so not the latest version. But this works fine for me.

  • @Hmtx said:
    OK, thanks for clarifying your question @reasOne . yes, you can convert a screen recording into a .wav file in AudioShare.

    1. First, recognize that the audio will be MONO. iOS Screen recording is primitive, no stereo whatsoever. SMH.
    2. open "photos" then export the video to "Save to Files" and choose somewhere "on my iPad"
    3. open AudioShare and import from "document picker" to access Files "on my iPad"
    4. after you import the video in AudioShare you can select "tools" and convert to .wav

    disclaimer: I am on iOS 11.3.1, so not the latest version. But this works fine for me.

    Btw I never got to thank you for this!! So thank you man! I'm actually doing this process rn !

  • I was just trying this yesterday but it doesn’t work. I was watching a live video from church which I screen captured but I got zero sound recorded;

    When I tried to import into AudioShare there’s no sound either after following the steps outlined here. Any ideas?

  • @Tones4Christ said:
    I was just trying this yesterday but it doesn’t work. I was watching a live video from church which I screen captured but I got zero sound recorded;

    When I tried to import into AudioShare there’s no sound either after following the steps outlined here. Any ideas?

    If no audio was captured, AudioShare can't extract it. What was the audio source when the screen capture was made?

  • edited July 29

    @Tones4Christ said:
    I was just trying this yesterday but it doesn’t work. I was watching a live video from church which I screen captured but I got zero sound recorded;

    When I tried to import into AudioShare there’s no sound either after following the steps outlined here. Any ideas?

    If you cant hear sound on the video anywhere then it probably doesnt have it. If it plays back in some places and not others I found that if I load the video file into lumafusion that in some circumstances it seems to be recorded onto an alternate channel (of some sort). Exporting audio from Lumasfusion and sending it to audioshare was the ticket for me. If you import a video into Lumafusion and there is no trace of sound, odds are it does not have it and is lost to the bytes of time.

  • Thanks guys! I did hear the video when we were watching it live! But I wanted to record a little piece so engaged the IOS screen recorder. The video was recorded perfectly but no sound at all. This was done on an iPhone 6s. Video source I think was Vimeo.

    @espiegel123 said:

    @Tones4Christ said:
    I was just trying this yesterday but it doesn’t work. I was watching a live video from church which I screen captured but I got zero sound recorded;

    When I tried to import into AudioShare there’s no sound either after following the steps outlined here. Any ideas?

    If no audio was captured, AudioShare can't extract it. What was the audio source when the screen capture was made?

    @AudioGus said:

    @Tones4Christ said:
    I was just trying this yesterday but it doesn’t work. I was watching a live video from church which I screen captured but I got zero sound recorded;

    When I tried to import into AudioShare there’s no sound either after following the steps outlined here. Any ideas?

    If you cant hear sound on the video anywhere then it probably doesnt have it. If it plays back in some places and not others I found that if I load the video file into lumafusion that in some circumstances it seems to be recorded onto an alternate channel (of some sort). Exporting audio from Lumasfusion and sending it to audioshare was the ticket for me. If you import a video into Lumafusion and there is no trace of sound, odds are it does not have it and is lost to the bytes of time.

  • Maybe you are running into the iOS thing that was introduced some builds ago.
    Screenrecording only records the sound from the actual seen app.
    For example, doing a screenrecording in AUM records the sound AUM send to the speakers.
    If you switch to an IAA Synth to fiddle the knobs the recording mutes the audio until you switch back to AUM.

    Could that be the problem @Tones4Christ ?
    Have you switched „away“ from that vimeo stream while recording?

  • I don’t think so but I’ll try to record another one and see if it works. It doesn’t have to be live I’ll try a recorded video and see.

  • Some sources do not get recorded. Example recording a YouTube video inside safari has no audio also. I guess it is a copyright thing!?

  • @Tones4Christ said:
    I don’t think so but I’ll try to record another one and see if it works. It doesn’t have to be live I’ll try a recorded video and see.

    there are two factors for IOS audio recording

    1.Mic needs to be on ( enabled in control center)
    2. Screen will only record audio for apps in FOREGROUND (e.g if you have module connected to AUM/AB as long as it is in foreground it will record in mono, embedded videos will not record, however youtube app in foreground will record

  • Yeah I remember there was a way to enable the mic while recording; I forgot where though.

    @hisdudeness said:

    @Tones4Christ said:
    I don’t think so but I’ll try to record another one and see if it works. It doesn’t have to be live I’ll try a recorded video and see.

    there are two factors for IOS audio recording

    1.Mic needs to be on ( enabled in control center)
    2. Screen will only record audio for apps in FOREGROUND (e.g if you have module connected to AUM/AB as long as it is in foreground it will record in mono, embedded videos will not record, however youtube app in foreground will record

Sign In or Register to comment.