Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Samplebot features request / "bug" report :)

edited July 2018 in Support and Feedback

Hi @Michael !

Really nice one...Here's my Santa Claus list :)

1.The tempo is set at 109 into AUM, all other apps running at 109, link enabled, Samplebot is saying 108.1, why my Master ? (seems in the right tempo...but ???)

2.While you import a sample you may choose a % for the speed, but, while you need to apply that % to other samples already imported you may only choose with the speed...So I can't match to the previous %.
Is it possible to get also an equivalent of the tone (theoretically) that this % produce ? Something maybe a bit like Block Wave ?
Or just get the 1/2 tone that the % adjusting is producing ? (it's just because that I'll play synths over the samples, no problem with the scale, I can adjust, but if I'm out of the tone, my synths will be always false...)
So maybe a system that can round the % to the next/previous 1/2 tone ?

3.How do you copy the same sample imported to an other pad ? (tried drag'n'drop, like in Loopy, didn't work ! :D)

4.While you delete a sample from the timeline it plays till the end of the loop point. (I can see that it could be useful live, but in my case, it's not relevant, so maybe a parameter to allow/disallow this ?)

5.Could you add multiple loop points ? (on the top of the screen)This is for creating structures like verse/chorus/break , midi controlled of course...
NOTE : here I'd need the midi controllers to be assignable dynamically, because the same note will also drives the pattern of an other sequencer already setuped (here Modstep)

6.Could you add virtual separated audio outputs for each loop on the time line , "groupable" like groups on a traditional mixer. Midi controlled. ;) Like this I could then route the groups on my effects...

7.While importing, you have this option "import again", could you also add the option "import an other", for importing directly an other sample (just to be faster)

8.I need to start/stop on the app, it doesn't respond to AUM :( I tried to assign a midi controller to a start/stop of the timeline, but it seems not to exist !

9.Just a remark : the way it worked for assigning midi was easier with Loopy, as you assigned from the controller, but I can live with that...

10.Could you allow the selection of a master global midi track that receive the CC's ? (because I have multiple midi controllers, on different channels, but sometimes they send the same CC...)

11.I think I'd like better the bottom navigation bar to the right. Same design, order, space, but vertical. A bit like in Loopy.

Thanks Santa, or Jesus, or God, or whatever you want to be called my Master :)

PS: not sure how an AUx app will make it better, I mean in term of usability, but I might be wrong here...
PS 2: please don't add any effects...Got plenty of AUx and IAA already :)

Comments

• Cheers for this! Will process and get back to you when I've a sec

• edited July 2018

Hi,
    I also noticed these :

12.Could you add the direct link inside the app of IAA host ?

13.could it be possible to fix a delay in advance or later for the master clock ?

The reason why I'd like this is because I'm using Samplebot on an iPad used as a final mixer. Other iPads are connected to this one (by audio) and obviously there's an audio latency on the final mixer.

I can compensate a bit by adding a EQ (here AUFX:PEAKQ) but it's not perfect...

Here a video to illustrate:

May sound a little weird, but I'd like to use SampleBot as a master looper, not by looping directly into it, but by sampling all audio sources that comes into my final iPad mixer.
    I record them into Audioshare (thru recording options into AUM) then I dispatch the samples into SampleBot to have a basic structure, then I can add some other midi synths on top of it.

Here I need to export the loops recorded on the iPad mixer to the iPad beat, but I'm loosing time, and also degrade audio quality because I'm applying other fx on the iPad beat (and it plays only in stereo)

Note : it seems this could me more radical/efficient if it could be implemented into AUM (or any IAA host...)

1. A long press on a pad to open directly the import sample would be also faster...
      :)
  • 3 - To copy a sample to another pad you have to go into “edit” mode, select the “export” button top right and then select “copy”. You can then paste it to another pad.

• edited July 2018

Thanks @Keenan !
    I guess a left swipe with the copy option, then select the pad would be faster...If drag'n'drop isn't directly possible...

• 14.While editing a sample undo/redo is not available

:)