Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ipad2 clicking off. Death imminent? PROBLEM SOLVED!

Hi, I have two iPads, a 2 and a 4. My six year old ipad2 has taken to clicking off frequently. I rebooted, reset and the problem continues. Are these deat throes for the old critter? I will update in September, so am reader to retire this oldster. Just wonder what is going on. Not a heat issue as I don't feel any when it is happening. No other apps open either, so not RAM overload. Thanks

Comments

• Is it shutting off while you are in the midst of downing something on it? Is it shutting off totally, or going to sleep?

If it is just going to sleep, maybe your settings got reset somehow. The default timeout is 2 minutes, I believe. Go into System Settings, and in General. There is a setting called Auto-Lock. See if it set to lock quickly, like 2minutes.

If this doesn’t seem to help, try using the iPad2 running, but plugged in to a power source. If it stays working normally, it is most likely that your battery is shot, and doesn’t hold much of a charge anymore. Make sure you use a fat iPad charger, 2.1 amps, and not the wimpy iPhone charger, only 1amp.

Let me know what you find. I have an iPad2 that has been used heavily since it was new, and it is still has rock-solid performance. Your’s is probably pretty tough, too.

• Yep, settings, auto lock, 2 minutes. Changed to 15.Thought I had it licked, but just shut off again while writing you congrats @CracklePot. Just sleeps. I hit the home button and it returns to normal. Just did it again in the time it took to write this. Like the click sound with reverb, tho.

• Check the battery status. If it drops quickly it needs to be replaced. (Since you are sure no app is running in the background)
    As last resort do a factory reset via iTunes

• Yes, the battery is a likely suspect here. Check the drain rate, and then running it plugged in. You should be able to tell if it is the battery not being able to hold a charge anymore.

If you are still stuck, then the reset would be the next step, I figure.

• Nope, the battery seems fine. What do I search in iTunes to do a rest?

• In System Settings, General, then at the bottom of the options list.
    Try Reset All Settings first, unless you don’t have any user files to backup and save.
    If you don’t care about saving anything, go ahead and do the Erase All Content and Settings option.

I used the second option recently, and my iPad2 is very happy.

• Tried that. Did a hard reset. Seems less now. What contents are lost when erasing all content? Thanks @CracklePot !

• You’re using it near a magnet, aren’t you.

• Interesting, but no... unless it's my chi....

• Everything is lost. It’s like brand new. You have to re-enter your Apple ID and re install all of your apps.
    It was perfect in my case, since my daughter had it loaded with junk. Now it has plenty of space, and just the apps I want to use on that 16GB old dog.

• edited July 2018

@LinearLineman said:
    Interesting, but no... unless it's my chi....

Hihi, maybe you should charge it up with some chi?

• You upset it when it overheard you talking about getting a Pro, obviously. :D

• I feel your pain. My iPhone 6 is acting up a lot, but I have no desire to buy a new iPhone for several reasons. My iPad 2 is still working great and I need to find a good use for it, it doesn’t get used.

• Well, I'll deal with it. I do almost all my recording on my 4. I will try the total erasure if it gets too bad.Thanks for all the help!
    @[Deleted User] I think it's my mojo I got to get aworkin'!

• I‘ve had good results with this procedure:
    Leave the iPad plugged in for 24 hours.
    Use it until it‘s completely empty (shuts itself off).
    Repeat these two steps AT LEAST two times, before using it normally, again (better: three to four times...). With casual use, never let it run down under 20% battery.
    Cured two iPads this way, up until now (but there can‘t be any cheating!, do it meticulously and iPad is your friend.
    Good luck!

• @LinearLineman said:
    Hi, I have two iPads, a 2 and a 4. My six year old ipad2 has taken to clicking off frequently. I rebooted, reset and the problem continues. Are these deat throes for the old critter? I will update in September, so am reader to retire this oldster. Just wonder what is going on. Not a heat issue as I don't feel any when it is happening. No other apps open either, so not RAM overload. Thanks

What main app do you use?

AB2
    AB3
    AUM

• Thanks @RUST( i )K for inquiring as I still have the p oblem even after resetting thru Apple. All that happened was that I can't get my email back becausevApplecdiesn'tcsupport 9.3!

I use AB3 but the problem is present at all times. It can switch off three times in a row and then stay on for fifteen minutes or longer. I have used it pretty heavily over six years. Open to suggestions, especially how to get my mail back!( I have an ipad4 so it is really no big deal. Open to suggestions,

• You’re using one iPad on top of the other, aren’t you.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Thanks @RUST( i )K for inquiring as I still have the p oblem even after resetting thru Apple. All that happened was that I can't get my email back becausevApplecdiesn'tcsupport 9.3!

I use AB3 but the problem is present at all times. It can switch off three times in a row and then stay on for fifteen minutes or longer. I have used it pretty heavily over six years. Open to suggestions, especially how to get my mail back!( I have an ipad4 so it is really no big deal. Open to suggestions,

Do you use the iPad plugged in to an audio interface?

Is the battery stable?

Did you try using it with it plugged in with an Apple charger and cable?

• I love you@u0421793😍! Next you will be asking if I have a pacemaker or have my iPad in the microwave! Just kidding, of course. I appreciate you thinking about this. Obviously you think it is connected with some magnetic or electromagnetic effect. But I can't think of any such circumstance.

@RUST( i )K I am guessing you think it is battery related as someone keeps mentioned? I will try what you suggest, but if the percentile reading is any indication it is functioning normally,

Thanks to both of you. It is so great to see people really want to help you solve an issue for another member. When @Cib couldn't hook up his new pro it was like a minor national emergency. Very cool to be part of such a great community.

• @LinearLineman said:
    I love you@u0421793😍! Next you will be asking if I have a pacemaker or have my iPad in the microwave! Just kidding, of course. I appreciate you thinking about this. Obviously you think it is connected with some magnetic or electromagnetic effect. But I can't think of any such circumstance.

@RUST( i )K I am guessing you think it is battery related as someone keeps mentioned? I will try what you suggest, but if the percentile reading is any indication it is functioning normally,

Thanks to both of you. It is so great to see people really want to help you solve an issue for another member. When @Cib couldn't hook up his new pro it was like a minor national emergency. Very cool to be part of such a great community.

It really is

I met more cool people here in the last year then the last 10 of my physical life

• @RUST( i )K . I agree, I could name five I have gotten to know personally but they would be embarrassed. Many others I admire just from their posts. Last ten years outside the asylum... maybe two.

• Have you tried putting it in the microwave? :D

• edited July 2018

How about if you leave it attached to a power source? Any better?
    For the email prob, were you using a 3rd party email app, or the built in Apple Mail?

You can connect AppleMail to other email services by adding those accounts in System Settings > Mail.
    You can also download the last compatible version of purchased apps by going into the Appstore, selecting Purchased at the bottom, then search for your email app. Only use the cloud button on the list. If you select the app and the panel pops up for that app, and you try to use that cloud button, it may deny you. The one on the list page works.

I was able to get an old version of GarageBand this way, after thinking I couldn’t for a long time, since it denied me from the main AppStore page.

• Thanks @Cracklepot I will try the power connection and see. If the problem disappears I am hooked to the power cord for life, kind of like iPad dialysis ( no offense to kidney sufferers if any are reading).

• Well, the thing is, the sleep functionality of the Apple Smart Covers and suchlike rely on specifically placed magnets in the iPad and the Smart Cover. If you place a magnet near the requisite edge, in a certain place, you’ll send the iPad to sleep. If you place an iPad on top of another iPad with a bit of slippage or movement the magnets in one will coincide with the magnet sensors in the other and send it to sleep.

• Well, @u0421793 you are spot on. I do have a magnetized cover on my 2, I will remove it on the off chance there is some anomaly. Though my iPads do not cuddle. Have you considered changing your handle PiOSrot?

• @u0421793 you are my god! Lost the magnetic cover, problem gone. I award you the gold cup of sleuthiness, only don't bring it near my iPad as it is gold plate over iron! Really, you knew it all along. Just needed to find the source. Amazing! Thanks

@animal , @RUST( i )K , @Korakios , @[Deleted User] , @dman, check out this steely eyed missile man. All the rotten things I thought about his sense of humor are untrue!

• @LinearLineman said:
    @u0421793 you are my god! Lost the magnetic cover, problem gone. I award you the gold cup of sleuthiness, only don't bring it near my iPad as it is gold plate over iron! Really, you knew it all along. Just needed to find the source. Amazing! Thanks

@animal , @RUST( i )K , @Korakios , @[Deleted User] , @dman, check out this steely eyed missile man. All the rotten things I thought about his sense of humor are untrue!

Congrats~

• Ironically (and steely) some of the songs I’m finishing off at the moment we’re written with magnetism as a core feature, if I remember.