Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Piano World Cup, Group C (resolved)

tjatja
edited July 2018 in General App Discussion

In continuation of https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/26407/the-piano-poll-part-2-with-new-samples
there seems to be a need to reduce the sheer amount of samples.

You can find Group A with results here: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/27032/piano-world-cup-group-a-resolved

You can find Group B with results here: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/27065/piano-world-cup-group-b-resolved

So, this is“Group C“ of Piano Samples:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nct1hoqhsxulmiq/AACv5Ih4mbfieeWwAfYjBUM-a?dl=0
or
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nct1hoqhsxulmiq/AACv5Ih4mbfieeWwAfYjBUM-a?dl=1

The Poll:

https://doodle.com/poll/sfb4vwksw5kwx7bd

You can vote for just the best Sample from the group of 4, or the best 2 or 3 if you cannot decide.
But please do not vote for all 4 of them.

I decided to make this poll invisible for now, so you cannot be distracted by other people‘s votes.

If you hear problems like missing notes or crackles, i can only assume that this is a problem of the given App! It may need special handling to get better results, but this cannot be done in this competition.
An App that cannot easily be used to produce Audio from MIDI is just less capable in a production environment -> a problem of the given App!

Comments

• Voted.

• Blinked and missed the last vote 😆

• @onkey said:
    Blinked and missed the last vote 😆

I will be more slow from now on :#

• @tja said:

@onkey said:
    Blinked and missed the last vote 😆

I will be more slow from now on :#

All good, my piano got thru 😄 This is fun!

• Voted - missed a&b.

• @Satie said:
    Voted - missed a&b.

Thanks!

You can still vote for A and B, if you like ...
    It would not count, but may be interesting to have more votes.

• Voted! 🎹
    After Argentina was left out of the World Cup this is the most fun activity I’m eagerly waiting every day! 😎

• Hehehe :)

8 people voted now and the favorites are showing, but i promised to be more slow .... so let’s wait a bit more

• 10 voters, but we now have 2 Pianos competing for the second place.

So, some more votes would be good.

Going to wait more :p

• I’m finding this round the hardest up to now to make a decision on.... and I am making my selection purely on how the low octave strings have been recorded.

• @RockySmalls said:
    I’m finding this round the hardest up to now to make a decision on.... and I am making my selection purely on how the low octave strings have been recorded.

Yes, we are now at 8:5:3:2 sorted by number of votes.

Let's wait a bit more to make this more clear

• I’m having troubles downloading working that out. Also I voted last group and it didn’t show in the final votes. I voted on one of the winners anyway. Also, I don’t even know what World Cup is... I’ll guess non-American Football?

• Okay, I voted.

• tjatja
    edited July 2018

@DMan said:
    I’m having troubles downloading working that out. Also I voted last group and it didn’t show in the final votes. I voted on one of the winners anyway. Also, I don’t even know what World Cup is... I’ll guess non-American Football?

Now....

Football ist Football, on the whole world. In the USA it is called soccer and it is the most popular sport of the world.

The finals, played every four years, are running NOW!

USA (and Canada) added some regional version mixed with Rugby that has nothing to do with Football (esp. as the ball can be carried), but is called American Football ;)

• @tja said:
    Football ist Football, on the whole world. In the USA it is called soccer and it is the most popular sport of the world.

The finals, played every four years, are running NOW!

USA (and Canada) added some regional version mixed with Rugby that has nothing to do with Football (esp. as the ball can be carried), but is called American Football ;)

Being American I get so used to hearing it as it is here, but our country does a lot of silly things that don’t make sense globally. Especially lately :( Aber Ja, Fussball ist Fussball auf dem ganzen Welt!

• @tja said:

@RockySmalls said:
    I’m finding this round the hardest up to now to make a decision on.... and I am making my selection purely on how the low octave strings have been recorded.

Yes, we are now at 8:5:3:2 sorted by number of votes.

Let's wait a bit more to make this more clear

Yep, I suspected this vote would be a lot more even. Nonetheless I voted for a single piano this time.

• Winners for the knock-out rounds:

Piano 31: 9 votes
    Piano 28: 5 votes

The winners stay anonymous for now.

Loosers:

Piano 29: 3 votes
    Piano 12: 2 votes

The loosers were:

• This was less clear than before, esp. places 2 and 3 where quite similar.

Going to prepare the last group.

• ...what means „Piano in 162“? Was it recorded Hardware?

• The "Piano in 162" was amazing... Not everyone agrees (see Poll) but you pick up clues as you find them. "Piano in 162" (by Ivy) appears to be free for IOS and could be integrated into
    existing Apps via SF2. (follow that thread).

I wonder why I bother. Colossus still dominates. No Poll. No question. Large samples with many layers should approach reality. But that eats resources. Tradeoffs.

• The "Piano in 162" SF2 probably beats Salamander SF2 for a great free piano
    It could also be the effects applied... I need to validate this theory.

• I think tja used the one I made maybe? I downloaded 162 SFZ format from vst buzz, and sent it to Auria Pro sample instruments folder. Then ran midi file with 162 in Lyra.

• @Jmcmillan said:
    I think tja used the one I made maybe? I downloaded 162 SFZ format from vst buzz, and sent it to Auria Pro sample instruments folder. Then ran midi file with 162 in Lyra.

Yep, your contribution!

• We need some more votes :)

• Oh, couldn’t imagine, that this is a name of the tool. Thanks.