Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

January 2017 - First ROLI Competition - I win one Lightpad Block(First generation) with this track -

Comments

• It’s a video!

• A nice performance Andrea! Congratulations for your winning LightPad! πŸ‘
    What sound did you use in the Roli app?

I also use a lightpad and a Seaboard myself and I really like them.
    I'm just curious. Do you think your performance would be easier to play on the iPad's touch screen or on a first-generation LightPad?

I think the touchscreen is much more touch-sensitive than the 1. lightpad but unfortunately without touch dynamics. For me the Lightpad 1 is quite hard to play...

Do you still use the lightpad 1 @Ral ?

• Really nice!

• @chandroji - Thank you for your kind words. The preset is Guitar Overdrive Lead. There is no comparison between iPad and the Lightpad Block, first generation! iPad is much, much better even without 3D Touch. But now, for over a year, my main instrument is only iPhone 7 Plus with 3D Touch, sure! πŸ˜‰

Regarding the Lightpad Block I can tell you after having loved it a lot and tested it for a long time, which it was a wrong project from many points of view. Very stiff to play, the legato between two nearby notes, for example, C- C #, it was always wrong because the pressure was too much and it was a great effort to play! ☹️

Obviously I wrote extensively to ROLI giving the necessary suggestions for a right project, surely with hard words. Among other things I have replaced the Lightpad won with another Lightpad that had the same defects of the previous! Two balls and WTF!!!

I hope the new Lightpad M works better! Never tested it. A pity because I loved a lot before and hated after... this device could become important for me.

Of course I do not use the Lightpad first generation anymore!

To be ROLI DOES NOT MEAN always being right
    I'm very sorry, but Mr. Nobody, Andrea Ribaudo, has given many suggestions to modify some programming code too, but I have not been heard. Patience!

@espiegel123 - Thanks!

• Neat playing @ral. Different from that solo guitar piece for sure.

• edited July 2018

@Ral said:
    @chandroji - Thank you for your kind words. The preset is Guitar Overdrive Lead. There is no comparison between iPad and the Lightpad Block, first generation! iPad is much, much better even without 3D Touch.

I was actually expecting that answer Andrea! 😎
    I also find the lightpad 1 is very difficult or not at all sensitive to play.

Apparently, it's not just me. I often found critical voices, unfortunately after my purchase...

By the way, the 1st generation is still on sale.

I asked ROLI why the first generation of the Lightpad is still available, although there is a new improved version, the Lightpad M. Here is Roli's answer:

I can understand your disappointment here. The reason we continued to sell the Lightpad Block after the release of the Lightpad Block M is that some of our creators prefer the hard surface of the original.

Hard to believe isn’t? 😎😳

Of course I do not use the Lightpad first generation anymore!

I still use it but only to arm/switch tracks and loops in the Roli App. Not to play melodies or drums...

I hope the new Lightpad M works better! Never tested it.

Meanwhile a new Lightpad M came to me. Yes, it is definitely a bit more touch-sensitive and easier to play. But it's far from perfect for me. I still find it a little bit hard to play but I can use it.

But now, for over a year, my main instrument is only iPhone 7 Plus with 3D Touch, sure! πŸ˜‰

I can imagine and understand that the iPhone can be the most useful way to play the Noise App instead with an Lightpad. Sadly the iPad didn’t have 3D Touch. But I own an iPhone too! πŸ‘

Unlike the lightpad, my Seaboard block has not much to criticize. The Seaboard is just fun and very touch-sensitive. I love it! πŸ‘πŸ‘

Many greetings to you @Ral