Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What IOS Apps can Import SF2 SoundFonts? (BS-16i does I know but others?)

What Apps can import SF2 SoundFonts?

I know BS-16i. What other products have this feature?

Comments

• Auria Pro (accepts also SFZ and EXS).

• Are SF2 and SFZ different? I'll google them but just curious.

• MTS and Soundfont Pro

• Gestrement

• Audio Evolution Mobile

• Sequencism

• I looked into Auria Pro on my iPad and got nowhere. I can see there's a Lyra Synth but how you load SF2 SoundBanks didn't appear to be documented.

On to Sequencism (after the iPad finishes updating to 11.4).

@White Thanks for the pointer the SF2 App list.

I loaded the MIDI file in Xequence and after upgrading for more than 4 tracks and the ability to have extra Controllers I could see what's really in that MIDI file. And it all came back to me about the Drums on Track 10 except sometimes when the Soundcard was an AWE32 and I just felt sick again. Tweaking details to fix weird sound glitches like Cymbols coming out as toms and tympani that aren't pitched drums.

Still learning and seeking an effective set of tools. The puzzles of IOS music are challenging and never ending.

• I am interested in this also. Bismark’s bs-16i is the only one that definitely works that I know of if you want to play from a midi keyboard. I’ve tried SoundFont Pro and it’s very laggy and now bs-16i has more memory issues than in the past so it would be nice I there was an alternative. The reviews for the others mentioned above dont exactly inspire a lot of confidence. Can you really load any SoundFont in Auria Pro or do you need to buy their soundfonts?

• I think Lyra in Auria supports disk streaming which is a huge plus compared to other apps .

• BS-16i intrigues me, its Japanese right? Is it stable?

• @[Deleted User] said:
    BS-16i intrigues me, its Japanese right? Is it stable?

Their website does have a Japanese domain but there is no in app language barrier, trust me.

You win the prize for the first person (I know of) to factor in the country of origin into their purchasing decisions.

I’ve seriously thought twice about apps from North Korea but always given in due to their sheer quality and utility.

Nazi Germany was a stretch but I also caved back then.

The Bram Bos stuff I can easily avoid, I can’t stand the Dutch. Something about the other worldly properties of Edam and Ruud Gullit’s hair in it’s prime.

Hope this helps.

• edited July 2018

@TheVimFuego said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Their website does have a Japanese domain but there is no in app language barrier, trust me.

You win the prize for the first person (I know of) to factor in the country of origin into their purchasing decisions.

I’ve seriously thought twice about apps from North Korea but always given in due to their sheer quality and utility.

The Bram Bos stuff I can easily avoid, I can’t stand the Dutch. Something about the other worldly properties of Edam and Ruud Gullit’s hair in it’s prime.

Hope this helps.

hihi! Actually I speak basic Japanese and I was heart broken last night when they lost in the last minute at the WC. My Auntie is German and I live in Amsterdam.

• It’s pretty stable as a standalone multitimbral app with, say, xequence controlling it, but not very stable as an AU. However, I think (by ear) that it’s the only iOS SF2 that actually recognizes all the parameters built into the more sophisticated soundfonts (not jut velocity layers but filter and ADSR stuff as well).

• @JonLewis said:
    It’s pretty stable as a standalone multitimbral app with, say, xequence controlling it, but not very stable as an AU. However, I think (by ear) that it’s the only iOS SF2 that actually recognizes all the parameters built into the more sophisticated soundfonts (not jut velocity layers but filter and ADSR stuff as well).

There was some talk about it crashing in AU and then its difficult to fix the issue, you know anything about that? Maybe that was fixed in an update?

• Gestrument
    SoundfontPro

• edited July 2018

@JeffChasteen said:
    Gestrument
    SoundfontPro

I will check out Gestrument now.

• @TheVimFuego said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Hope this helps.

Pure comedic gold right here.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@TheVimFuego said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Hope this helps.

Pure comedic gold right here.

In Japan its called Owarai.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@JeffChasteen said:
    Gestrument
    SoundfontPro

I will check out Gestrument now.

I don't think you will be disappointed.

• @McDtracy said:
    I looked into Auria Pro on my iPad and got nowhere. I can see there's a Lyra Synth but how you load SF2 SoundBanks didn't appear to be documented.

To load Sf2, Sfz in Auria Pro.

• if your soundfont file is in your Mac or PC, open iTunes with your iPad already connected, app documents sharing section, Auria, put your soundfont in the Auria documents folder,
    • on your iPad, using the Files app, open the Auria documents folder, locate the soundfont you just put there and move it to the SAMPLER INSTRUMENT folder,
    • if your soundfont was already on the iPad, just fire the Files app, locate it, move it to the Sampler Instruments folder inside the Auria documents folder,
    • open Auria Pro and create a MIDI track. In the instrument menu, your soundfont (s) should now appear in the Lyra patches list.

I have a huge collection of soundfonts and EXS files in Auria Pro now, and as @Korakios said a few comments above, the advantage of Auria Pro against every other soundfont player on iOS is disk streaming.

• Yes I do - with Auria Pro! ;) search also for the SSO orchestra: great instruments!

• How do SSO and VSCO compare? FWIW, the SSO creator (Mattias Westlund) points people to VSCO and http://virtualplaying.com as superior libraries. I haven't used any of these. I found about them a few weeks ago but haven't had an opportunity to try them out.

• I have both! Perhaps it's redundant to have the SSO if you have VSCO, but I have both of them anyway.

• @theconnactic said:
    the advantage of Auria Pro against every other soundfont player on iOS is disk streaming.

Awesome, I have to put this to use and try these SF libraries to see if I can create some Orchestras.

I'm learning to effectively load MIDI files in Xequence and hook it up to iSymphonic for the
    sound rendering. I just need to learn how to put the Program Change events into Xequence to properly load the best iSymphonic patch. I'm doing it manually.

If anyone has advice on the best tool to send Program Changes or how it's done in Xequence I'd appreciate any tips or App advice.

• Can you load the Salamander piano into Sequencism? @CracklePot ?

• @LinearLineman said:
    Can you load the Salamander piano into Sequencism? @CracklePot ?

What’s that? A particularly good piano .sf2 soundfont file?
    It should work. Most smal to medium sized .sf2 Files worked for me. The big ones don’t work so well, but I think that could just be an iOS limitation.