Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Piano World Cup, Group A (resolved)

tjatja
edited July 2018 in General App Discussion

In continuation of https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/26407/the-piano-poll-part-2-with-new-samples
there seems to be a need to reduce the sheer amount of samples.

So, this is“Group A“ of Piano Samples:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m3a0ydo6fd3pox9/AAB3t_db0fBCiKXOE_zprbbea?dl=0
or
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m3a0ydo6fd3pox9/AAB3t_db0fBCiKXOE_zprbbea?dl=1

The Poll:

https://doodle.com/poll/k4t2y5b6hbxqvf58

You can vote for just the best Sample from the group of 4, or the best 2 or 3 if you cannot decide.
But please do not vote for all 4 of them.

I decided to make this poll invisible for now, so you cannot be distracted by other people‘s votes.

If you hear problems like missing notes or crackles, i can only assume that this is a problem of the given App! It may need special handling to get better results, but this cannot be done in this competition.
An App that cannot easily be used to produce Audio from MIDI is just less capable in a production environment -> a problem of the given App!

Comments

• We have two votes :#

• edited July 2018

3 :)
    though I wish we could have put them in order , ie: 1st choice then second..

• Three votes.

Come on .... try your earssssss

• @RockySmalls said:
    3 :)
    though I wish we could have put them in order , ie: 1st choice then second..

Thanks.

Sadly, there is no such option.
    But I think that 1 to 3 votes is a good way.
    When we have a bunch of votes, the two favorites will easily show their head!

• Wow, it's 5 votes now.

And one of the four Pianos is the clear looser.

• edited July 2018

I like the idea of a piano app World Cup! I have voted.

• getting in early.

• tjatja
    edited July 2018

Yep, 12 votes from 8 people now - that's impressive!

Sorted by number of votes:

5:5:2:0

That could be enough already, to determine the two best.

• Still votes from 8 people.

I wait till tomorrow and then make the voting public.

• tjatja
    edited July 2018

@Rodolfo said:
    Voted

Thanks.

I am waiting for LinearLineman's vote (tomorrow) and then reveal.

• Now 11 people voted.

LinearLineman is still missing, so I make the results public now:

Winners for the knock-out rounds:

Piano 22: 8 votes
    Piano 05: 6 votes

The winners stay anonymous for now.

Loosers:

Piano 01: 2 votes
    Piano 16: 0 votes!

The loosers were:

Many thanks for your participation!

• Every “looser” will find his or her soulmate. Almost every

• Wow! Great! Let’s go for group B!

• Yep, as soon as I am at home :)

• I voted 5 as my first choice. It was the cleanest to my ears, but late to the polls. So the real voting score would have been 8 for 22 and 7 for 5. Pretty close. How can we get some more people in this? Or do we just assume we have the best ears on the forum!😈👹😃

• Yes, I thought that more people would participate...
    But as long as the results seem to be quite clean, that’s ok :)

• I may be late but I added my vote prior to looking at the results. I think I just proved how bad my ear is, but I've never been much of a piano person. I was a pro French Horn player and am now focusing on guitar and lately more keyboard, but with weighted piano keys.

I pretty much right away gravitated to 16, cubists microsonic, as the best sound. It has more detail above the extreme bass range and has much fuller highs and high detail IMHO. I analyzed them all in Logic Pro X after making up my mind and 16 was the only sample with anything above 7000hz in the analyzer. I also used LPX to cycle through different sections and ABCD through them quickly.

What am I missing?

• @BigDawgsByte said:
    I may be late but I added my vote prior to looking at the results. I think I just proved how bad my ear is, but I've never been much of a piano person. I was a pro French Horn player and am now focusing on guitar and lately more keyboard, but with weighted piano keys.

I pretty much right away gravitated to 16, cubists microsonic, as the best sound. It has more detail above the extreme bass range and has much fuller highs and high detail IMHO. I analyzed them all in Logic Pro X after making up my mind and 16 was the only sample with anything above 7000hz in the analyzer. I also used LPX to cycle through different sections and ABCD through them quickly.

What am I missing?

Very interesting.

I cannot comment on this, but I would be curious about your opinion in Group B and later, C and D.

• @tja said:

@BigDawgsByte said:
    I may be late but I added my vote prior to looking at the results. I think I just proved how bad my ear is, but I've never been much of a piano person. I was a pro French Horn player and am now focusing on guitar and lately more keyboard, but with weighted piano keys.

What am I missing?

Very interesting.

I cannot comment on this, but I would be curious about your opinion in Group B and later, C and D.

Understood, I really look forward to the conversations after a final winner is determined.

I am definitely hooked and spent a couple of hours on listening and analyzing group A. Unfortunately I have visitors coming in tomorrow and will be busy with them through Sunday. I'll see if I can get group B in late tomorrow night.

Besides, I am still looking for a better Piano on iOS, the luster of the Ivory Grand is wearing off.

• It seems I should better be more slow with the groups.

After posting Group C, I will wait longer for replies!

• @BigDawgsByte . Glad you spoke up. 16 was my second choice after 5. I doubt my ears so I wasn't surprised that 16 wasn't in the running. But now I realize I was hearing something good after all. You were not alone! For me it is RC275 hands down, but others are very good, too. Especially the ones I haven't heard!

• @tja can't get beyond group A on the poll. Help, please.

• tjatja
    edited July 2018

@LinearLineman said:
    @tja can't get beyond group A on the poll. Help, please.

I don’t understand. Please add your votes in the Doodle :)

• Succeeded, but missed the deadline. 8 was my choice.

• tjatja
    edited July 2018

You voted twice for Group A.

Shall I delete the vote for 16?
    Or add that to your other vote?

• @BigDawgsByte Do you know a good App to check frequency content on iOS?

• @tja said:
    @BigDawgsByte Do you know a good App to check frequency content on iOS?

I found SpectrumView, and yes, you are right.
    I only checked Group A so far.

This is unexpected ...