Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiogus Videos...

edited July 2018 in Creations

iOS screen capture in stereo with perfect sync!

Proof...

Me me me! What I want in Cubasis or BM3 or whoever will give it to me first, me me me!

BM3 in Cubasis with Synthmaster One, Rozeta and friends. Some jibber jabber about apps n’ such too.

Spacecraft, Synthscaper, Egoist, Shoom, Patterning, Rozeta, Aum, ramblings...

From the Spacecraft thread... making a BM3 sample track for later chopping.

Neat-o ‘Files’ workflow using Spacecraft, BM3, Cubasis. (Should rotate itself around in a few minutes)

CSspectral...

Starting from scratch with BM3, Turnado and Blocs, despite sleep deprivation and the police I couch through the ordeal until the climactic, near 11 minute finish when...

Was posted in the Synthmaster One thread of a track in progress...

From the long forgotten Bizzaro World Audiogus Youtube Channel.. A KRFT and Shoom performance in the Air 1. Watch the Air1 choke under the fumes of its own burning CPU. The danger! the glory! The Softdrummer! The Fruitbat patches!

Comments

• Only watched Vid One so far. Very good. Funny also. Watching someone race around a program they are very familiar with is inspiring but depressing.

• And here I am having already subscribed where is my prize?

• edited July 2018

Hehe, thanks Mr. Goodyear, love the pic.

Also, I take requests so if anyone has anything they would like shown re:BM3 or whatever else is SFW just let me know. :smile: Uploading to the tube is super fast now with my lucky lucky fibre luck.

• @DCJ said:
    And here I am having already subscribed where is my prize?

You win a simultaneous post with Audiogus himself. ;)

• Nice one Gus, will check these out.

• Gus! Tell that woman to be quiet. Also thank you for posting these. It gives me hope and motivation to just dig in. You play BM3 a like you are pro. 😁.

• Since you’re starting over how about also creating an IGTV channel and cross posting there as well?

• @realdawei said:
    Since you’re starting over how about also creating an IGTV channel and cross posting there as well?

I don’t know what that is. For me this more about just putting stuff on the forum than managing or building a channel. Only reason I made a new one is I forgot the password to the old one heh.

• @Chaztrip said:
    Gus! Tell that woman to be quiet. Also thank you for posting these. It gives me hope and motivation to just dig in. You play BM3 a like you are pro. 😁.

Aww, thanks man, heh, yah it is worth investing the time in Bm3, love it.

• @AudioGus The BM3 Track was truly excellent and the scratch video was very very funny, what was great was that you bothered to use direct feed Audio which just made it even better, top job, more more more

• Very cool!

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    @AudioGus The BM3 Track was truly excellent and the scratch video was very very funny, what was great was that you bothered to use direct feed Audio which just made it even better, top job, more more more

Thanks Doug, glad you like! These are quite fun to do. :).

Just added another at the top...

• @theconnactic said:
    Very cool!

Thanks!

• This is great stuff, Gus! Very inspiring how you just throw sounds around.

I do have a request. I would love to know how to record in BM3 my scenes into song mode. Does that even make sense? I figured out a bunch of scenes, and I would like a linear record of them. Possible?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    This is great stuff, Gus! Very inspiring how you just throw sounds around.

I do have a request. I would love to know how to record in BM3 my scenes into song mode. Does that even make sense? I figured out a bunch of scenes, and I would like a linear record of them. Possible?

Thanks ExAsperis99!

Ahh, if I follow, you can only place scenes into the timeline but not actually record them Ableton Live style. a lot of people want it though so I imagine it just might at some point.

• edited July 2018

Hmmm

• edited July 2018

@AudioGus said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Thanks ExAsperis99!

Ahh, if I follow, you can only place scenes into the timeline but not actually record them Ableton Live style. a lot of people want it though so I imagine it just might at some point.

Inspiring videos!

you can record scenes into the timeline - add an audio track to timeline and select source of the scene you want, starting and stopping record in timeline view...the scene loops in the scene and audio lays down on the time line
    Maybe I’m not understanding the question?

• @Littlewoodg said:

@AudioGus said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Thanks ExAsperis99!

Inspiring videos!

I think you can record scenes into the timeline - add an audio track to timeline and select source of the scene you want, starting and stopping record in timeline view...the scene loops in the scene and audio lays down on the time line

@ExAsperis99 are you saying you want to record the midi of the scenes into midi on the timeline?

• @AudioGus said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@AudioGus said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Thanks ExAsperis99!

Inspiring videos!

I think you can record scenes into the timeline - add an audio track to timeline and select source of the scene you want, starting and stopping record in timeline view...the scene loops in the scene and audio lays down on the time line

@ExAsperis99 are you saying you want to record the midi of the scenes into midi on the timeline?

There it is, midi or audio?

• @AudioGus All good, but really liked the Spacecraft, BM3, Cubasis Workflow thingie. The clarity of the simple doing really helps. Plus plus.

• You might be the first to convince me that cs spectral deserves a look....

• @DCJ said:
    You might be the first to convince me that cs spectral deserves a look....

App quirks aside I really do love the effect and have to recommend it highly simply on the grounds of zen meditation. 🧘‍♂️

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @AudioGus All good, but really liked the Spacecraft, BM3, Cubasis Workflow thingie. The clarity of the simple doing really helps. Plus plus.

Cool, thanks Johnny, that app in particular is poised to get a lot of love from me. Once it is a BM3 functioning AU and the tempo sync is in...

• edited July 2018

@AudioGus
    Thanks for this barrage of smartness, you sent me back into certain special apps I’ve been denying myself, BM3 especially. I remember when I first got my hands on BM3 and started figuring it out, I threw everything else DAW-like or grooveboxic away, and loaded BM3 with every sample I owned. Then I got (more apps) distracted. Youve reminded me now why I plotzed when BM3 went live. And why I keep Cubasis too.

• @Littlewoodg said:

@AudioGus said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@AudioGus said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Thanks ExAsperis99!

Inspiring videos!

I guess I wanted both, but if I have scenes, I have the midi. So audio is just as simple as adding an audio track? How do I record that when I'm playing through the scenes?

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@AudioGus said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@AudioGus said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Thanks ExAsperis99!

Inspiring videos!

I guess I wanted both, but if I have scenes, I have the midi. So audio is just as simple as adding an audio track? How do I record that when I'm playing through the scenes?

Select the input from the scene you want with long press on your new audio track, arm it and press record (while in scene view though might not need to be).

• edited July 2018

• edited July 2018

@Littlewoodg said:
    @AudioGus
    Thanks for this barrage of smartness, you sent me back into certain special apps I’ve been denying myself, BM3 especially. I remember when I first got my hands on BM3 and started figuring it out, I threw everything else DAW-like or grooveboxic away, and loaded BM3 with every sample I owned. Then I got (more apps) distracted. Youve reminded me now why I plotzed when BM3 went live. And why I keep Cubasis too.

I would supremely love it if BM3 got the five point editing of audio clips that Cubasis has. just a few workflow enhancements, like being able to easily drop selected audio ranges onto either pads and/or audio tracks from anywhere at any point etc would make it truly undeniable. Also, just being able to secify a ‘bank track’ or an ‘instrument track’ without having to always nest an instrument inside of a bank seems like it should be possible. I am sure a lot could be done of course but it mainly comes down to available humans. Heh. There were some little rumours and rumblings about what sounded like significant workflow changes being explored in the beta, so very very curious and a little anxious on that front.

• edited July 2018

@AudioGus said:

@Littlewoodg said:
    @AudioGus

I would supremely love it if BM3 got the five point editing of audio clips that Cubasis has. just a few workflow enhancements, like being able to easily drop selected audio ranges onto either pads and/or audio tracks from anywhere at any point etc would make it truly undeniable. Also, just being able to secify a ‘bank track’ or an ‘instrument track’ without having to always nest an instrument inside of a bank seems like it should be possible. I am sure a lot could be done of course but it mainly comes down to available humans. Heh. There were some little rumours and rumblings about what sounded like significant workflow changes being explored in the beta, so very very curious and a little anxious on that front.

Very curious here too. And feeling the suspense re workflow changes...

lovely BunzzyBun jam! (Wouldn’t be iOS without someone shitting the bed)

• edited July 2018

BM3 in Cubasis with Synthmaster One, Rozeta and friends. Some jibber jabber about apps n’ such too.