Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Acoustic Guitar fake Jam

edited July 2018 in Creations

Most of the sounds were intermediate noodling from the guitar accompaignment I use for Towns van Zandt's Pancho and Leftie, but the melodie isn't related to that (famous) tune in any way.

Captured in Multitrack DAW, arranged on the desktop with only dynamic balance and a little reverb.
I used Saw's Levelizer, but FF's Pro L2 would deliver the same result, so this is an example for limiter use way below squeeze threshold.
The Reverb is Valhalla Room, Sulaco Tiled Room setting. Mic is an AKG D-1000, not the TD26 I usually prefer on this guitar for a 'wooden sound'.
The arrangement is a complete stitch-edit job, but I tried my best to make it sound kind of 'live'.
For simplicity the DAW output was recorded back into the iPad via an iCA4+ (which does the desktop monitoring anyway) into AUM. The XP Windoze box has no inet connectivity o:)

Comments

• Very lovely

• edited June 2018

thanks Jeff - I must admit that I fell in love with this guitar at her very first tone.
    Funny thing because I only picked it up for the neck laminated pattern... and couldn't believe that a Martin guitar did NOT cost 2k upward :o ;)

• Wow! That sounds very good. Nice playing, and very pretty. Curious about your mic placement. Care to share?

• edited July 2018

The placement is about 1 inch above the guitar surface, probably on the top shoulder between neck end and soundhole, but sometimes I used the area of the cutaway 'horn'.
    In any case it's very close, but under cans this sounds exactly like I hear the intstrument when playing.
    Thanks for listening and compliments :)

• Hes,sounds good.
    Very woody tone!
    :)
    Thanks!

• much appreciated, @flo26
    but I made a bad mistake, the audio is from a take with an AKG D-1000... :blush:
    (I only used this once for guitar recording - it's the golden version, like the one Bowie used for vocals on the Ziggy Stardust tour)
    sorry for misinformation - note to self: name your files properly :|

• Very nice, @telefunky. I immediately thought of John Fahey(?).
    Took me back. Wish it was longer. If I get to a twentieth of what you know about this medium I'll be set for life. Or what's left of it, turned 70 today, I will respond to your other post. Just need to digest it a bit.

• thanks and a late 'happy birthday' :)
    There's not much knowledge behind this - I just play what comes along and record it on my iPad. The arrangement process is as much fun as the playing - it's effortless and I can do it for hours if in the right mood.
    But I had to find the proper tool to develope my own method - and then just stick with it.