Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SUNRIZER is now ((AU<3)) - - - In the AppStore!!! ... (Free Update) - - - [Classic Synth!]

Comments

• Oooh! I can hardly wait for the release ⏳and will be counting down the days. Sunrizer was my first Synth purchase on an iPad2. Now, with a Pro, Sunrizer is still among my go-to synths among 50 on my device. 🎹🎶

• @realdawei said:

@Carnbot said:

@Max23 said:

@giku_beepstreet said:
    I dream about IAA being deprecated ;)

Hell yes. It creates so much overhead to write and test for iaa & au ...

I agree in theory, but what about multiple audio IAA out ports? sometimes that situation can be a desirable option.

Say you have a multi-timbral synth and you want to send to different audio ports. you don't necessarily want multiple instances then just multiple out ports.

Except when Audio units can eventually get multiple audio out ports per instance, that would make IAA then unnecessary. Unless this is possible now, I'm not sure :)

I think the AU spec supports multiple outs. We just need the hosts to implement it

Ah yes apparently this is true :)
    Layer AU has 8 stereo outs waiting to be hosted.....

So once hosts start implementing this, and just as importantly developers release full screen no holds barred versions of their standalone apps, not watered down versions, there will be no need for IAA. Although I expect Apple also need to get rid of the AU ram restrictions on Pro ipads....

• edited July 2018

Another Beta update in TestFlight. = 4.00 (5).

Things are moving along..

This Synth 'IS' a Classic!

Never moved from my front page. (4, 5) years or so..

King

• I was given the impression that AUs are limited to seeing CC1-16 from the host. Is that correct? If so, there will be times when IAA (which doesn't have the restriction) would be preferable.

@Carnbot said:

@realdawei said:

@Carnbot said:

@Max23 said:

@giku_beepstreet said:
    I dream about IAA being deprecated ;)

Hell yes. It creates so much overhead to write and test for iaa & au ...

I agree in theory, but what about multiple audio IAA out ports? sometimes that situation can be a desirable option.

Say you have a multi-timbral synth and you want to send to different audio ports. you don't necessarily want multiple instances then just multiple out ports.

Except when Audio units can eventually get multiple audio out ports per instance, that would make IAA then unnecessary. Unless this is possible now, I'm not sure :)

I think the AU spec supports multiple outs. We just need the hosts to implement it

Ah yes apparently this is true :)
    Layer AU has 8 stereo outs waiting to be hosted.....

So once hosts start implementing this, and just as importantly developers release full screen no holds barred versions of their standalone apps, not watered down versions, there will be no need for IAA. Although I expect Apple also need to get rid of the AU ram restrictions on Pro ipads....

• Sunrizer is one of the best synths ever created.
    On iOS and mac as well. So much character.
    Can‘t imagine how great Sunrizer 2 will be.

• edited July 2018

@espiegel123 said:
    I was given the impression that AUs are limited to seeing CC1-16 from the host. Is that correct? If so, there will be times when IAA (which doesn't have the restriction) would be preferable.

That's not true. For example you can assign any CC to an AU parameter hosted in AUM/apeMatrix.

• When I go to the Control manager in apeMatrix, it only shows CC1-16. The devs explained that AUs only expose CC1-16 of the plug-in. Do you see something CCs higher than 16 when you open the apeMatrix control manager? (I was working with LayR at the time).

@Carnbot said:

@espiegel123 said:
    I was given the impression that AUs are limited to seeing CC1-16 from the host. Is that correct? If so, there will be times when IAA (which doesn't have the restriction) would be preferable.

That's not true. For example you can assign any CC to an AU parameter hosted in AUM/apeMatrix.

• @espiegel123 said:
    When I go to the Control manager in apeMatrix, it only shows CC1-16. The devs explained that AUs only expose CC1-16 of the plug-in. Do you see something CCs higher than 16 when you open the apeMatrix control manager? (I was working with LayR at the time).

@Carnbot said:

@espiegel123 said:

Hmm, I’m not following you. If you open up an AUs parameters in apeMatrix. Just did it below with Filterstation2 as an example. Then you can apply the control manager plugin and type in any CC for each parameter, eg I set CC 33 below. The same process in AUM roughly.

Ah wait, Layr is different than other AUs, it’s only letting you see some of its parameters. It’s up to the developer to open them up for control. Yeah that one is slightly different and not the norm, it’s confusing. :)

• I think the difference is that some AUs declare what CC maps to what. But a synth like LayR that lets you decide what CC maps to what only gets 1-16 as I understand it -- though I could certainly be wrong. And I wouldnt want LayR to change there scheme because their model provides much flexibility.

• edited July 2018

@midiSequencer said:
    @giku_beepstreet hope you fix that midi bug - not being able to respond to midi C6 to B6(96..107) is a real pain in the original.

Can someone check for me please?

Tony,

I just remembered to check this and yes it appears Sunrizer does respond on midi notes C6 to B6 from Quantum.

• edited July 2018

Sunrizer landed this morning!!! 😄
    Is it possible to sync it’s clock to Cubasis?
    Had a quick play loading into Cubasis appears to be working well and looking lovely on the screen! 👍🏻

• @espiegel123 said:
    I think the difference is that some AUs declare what CC maps to what. But a synth like LayR that lets you decide what CC maps to what only gets 1-16 as I understand it -- though I could certainly be wrong. And I wouldnt want LayR to change there scheme because their model provides much flexibility.

Layr uses a different system because it’s a different kind of synth where you can keep adding layers. But I was actually a bit disappointed you only get 16 CCs with it to control, but it’s a developer decision not a restriction of AU. Most AU plugins I have let you map much more than 16 CCs.

• edited July 2018

The Sunriser AUv3 update is out :)

• It’s out on general release now

• edited July 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Awesome. Updating the app right now. :smiley:

• @yowza said:

@midiSequencer said:
    @giku_beepstreet hope you fix that midi bug - not being able to respond to midi C6 to B6(96..107) is a real pain in the original.

Can someone check for me please?

Tony,

I just remembered to check this and yes it appears Sunrizer does respond on midi notes C6 to B6 from Quantum.

cool

• edited July 2018

@espiegel123 said:
    I think the difference is that some AUs declare what CC maps to what. But a synth like LayR that lets you decide what CC maps to what only gets 1-16 as I understand it -- though I could certainly be wrong. And I wouldnt want LayR to change there scheme because their model provides much flexibility.

AUs don't actually expose any CC codes. The Audio Unit standard works with named AU Parameters (a theoretically unlimited number of 'em, which can have any resolution the plugin needs).

Sure, an AU can listen to MIDI CC, but it is fully up to the developer to decide what to do with them. The full set of 0-127 CC codes is available, but obviously some are reserved for specific purposes and should not be used. And typically hosts do not use CC to communicate with the plugins, they're mostly there for backwards compatibility.

Due to their convenience (meaningful names) and higher resolution, I greatly prefer AU Parameters over MIDI CC.

• edited July 2018

Is there a zoom in zoom out with the different sections of the synth like in LayR ? Cause AU are smaller somewhat. Thanks.

• Awesome update! Woohoo!! Thank you thank you for the AU. Long live Sunrizer :smiley:

I had forgotten about the Sunrizer randomizer as well. It’s very usable because it doesn’t touch the multi oscillators, noise, or envelope settings. It’s under Utils > Synth Tools.

• I think I may have to bite the bullet and get AUM now. I was a beta tester and was using GarageBand as my host, and it worked really well. Fortunately I did not have to report any bugs over the few hours I spent with the app. Got a nice little Em groove going out of it, thanks also to a tutorial from Dan Baker on YouTube. Sweet app, Sunrizer has always been my #1 synthesizer app (#2 is Magellan).

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2018

Sunrizer AUv3.. (AU<3 ©️)

See, dreams do come true..

Cheers @giku_beepstreet. 'a man of your word'.

Bless,

King

—————

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/sunrizer-synth/id443663267?mt=8

• edited July 2018

Has someone also problems with the presets in standalone not all showing up in AU version!? These were actually important to me... maybe you already developed a workaround for this during beta :)

Stupid german mentality.... sorry,... @giku_beepstreet THANK YOU SO MUCH MATE!!, FOR NOT ABONDON the original version!!! This is really a near and dear to my soul synth and I am so happy. Thanks man! The first synth I ever purchased and the sounds are still measure up to today’s synths!

• @david_2017 said:
    Has someone also problems with the presets in standalone not all showing up in AU version!? These were actually important to me... maybe you already developed a workaround for this during beta :)

Did you open the app as a standalone first?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@david_2017 said:

Oh I think i started with the AU.

• @david_2017 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@david_2017 said:

Oh I think i started with the AU.

Thanks. That’s it. Maybe the standalone bootup is preparing the presets for AU! Works all now. Wonderfully. I am happy! Thanks again. Even for not charging and giving it away as a free preset for supporters :smiley: